Fchl Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I just wanted to reply to your last post. I am definitely not one who subscribes to the idea that every GM is trying to 'bend another over' in trade talks. Some times there are mutually beneficial trades, some times you give up the best of it if it helps you in other ways. I genuinely think if every GM was out to screw each other every time it'd be the end of the league.

Is there any thing to prove that the one person you mention is not being active?

Who me? what? I dont think so. I think we are all active. Maybe the trash talk is low. I dont think that changes the level of "fun". If it wasn't fun I wouldn't check it each day. I dont know. It seems every year we go through this, "are people losing interest" phase and it really never goes anywhere.

Steve, I just wanted to reply to your last post. I am definitely not one who subscribes to the idea that every GM is trying to 'bend another over' in trade talks. Some times there are mutually beneficial trades, some times you give up the best of it if it helps you in other ways. I genuinely think if every GM was out to screw each other every time it'd be the end of the league.

Maybe I pulled a zach since I was making food while posting on a broken phone. Maybe the best way to say it is that other GMs have hinted or str8 out said that I was trying to be unfair when truly I wasn't. Obviously I want what I want but ive never purposely tried to do it. I dont know. Like I said, I hate trading because if an offer is off base people get offended it seems. I know Arp hates it when we talk trade and I look for him to submit an offer. The reason I do that is because I am hesitant to make the first offer because if I am off base the GM sometimes doesn't reply back or quits talks there. I dont know. Long day. Odd topic. Merry Christmas.

Oh and Biatch was always trying to bend me over back in the day. ;)

Some thoughts:

I think you guys are misunderstanding my original point, if you are in fact posting with reference to my original points. Its not about who is active or who is not. Its about how a keeper league should usually have trades of futures for present day return, which is the best way to create turnover and it was surprising to see lack of teams trying to improve for now and go for it. Its just a personal opinion, didnt need a rule change or any leagues to be considered faulty.

Maybe its just my experience in other pools, and what I consider the best types of leagues.

If you are in a pool, and your whole thing is "I wont trade all year", then Id rather not be in your league.

I dont really care if you love trash talking, and consider that being active. lol

Steve, you are actually one of my favourite trading partners, if not my actual favourite in the FCHL! Thats really the case.

But its true, I do sometimes get annoyed when Im talking trade with someone, and all the offers are coming from me. :)

What I like with you is your humble in trade talks, and dont attack the other party and its assets. I hate talking trade with people who say "I want Crosby"...then when you ask for Lundqvist, they say "Are you crazy, Crosby has only 3pts in his last 8gp or Crosby has a history of concussion" and dont even bother with a counter. That sh*t bothers me. lol

but at the end of the day, its just a hockey pool and trading should be another part of the fun, just like free agents, trash talking, whatever....

• Like 1

I usually don't initiate trade talks, and this year I'm pretty handcuffed on what I'm able to do as far as roster moves go. Unless there's an injury to one of the guys I have on a 1yr deal, I'm pretty much standing pat at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Serious issues at forward tonight... who am I using?

1. Nick Foligno (@BOS)

2. Marian Gaborik (vsANA)

3. Zach Parise (vsARI)

4. Patrice Bergeron (vsCLB)

5. Jordan Eberle (@FLA)

6. Marcus Johansson (@DAL)

7. Valtteri Filppula (vsCOL)

8 .Patrick Marleau (vsCGY)

9. Jeff Skinner (@OTT)

Also, Montreal and NYI are playing one another. Which goalie should I use?

Serious issues at forward tonight... who am I using?

1. Nick Foligno (@BOS)

2. Marian Gaborik (vsANA)

3. Zach Parise (vsARI)

4. Patrice Bergeron (vsCLB)

5. Jordan Eberle (@FLA)

6. Marcus Johansson (@DAL)

7. Valtteri Filppula (vsCOL)

8 .Patrick Marleau (vsCGY)

9. Jeff Skinner (@OTT)

Also, Montreal and NYI are playing one another. Which goalie should I use?

Price is out for tonight

When two teams are playing each other the choice is extremely simple. Go with the Vegas line. You aren't going to handicap better than a vegas book

When two teams are playing each other the choice is extremely simple. Go with the Vegas line. You aren't going to handicap better than a vegas book

Currently Habs are the favourite

this is 50-50 for me. I'd prob go with oddsmakers at this point too, mostly because I think Tokarski could be little change from Price at this point the way tok has been playing.

I read the Greaseballs write up on the game and he loves the Islanders. So I bet them.

He feels the Habs have been one of the luckiest teams in league and are one of the worst 5-5 teams.

I read the Greaseballs write up on the game and he loves the Islanders. So I bet them.

He feels the Habs have been one of the luckiest teams in league and are one of the worst 5-5 teams.

no offence, but wasnt he saying Mtl was lucky like 2 months ago too? I mean, I agreed with him a little then, the numbers were a little skewed, but they have regressed and still hold #8 in the NHL.

Truth is, NYI is just playing so well that to bet them doesnt mean you think Mtl is overrated. sick thing about NYI is that Tavares isnt even scoring at his usual clip.