Fchl Discussion Thread

A couple barnburners going on...

Biatch and I are tied at 3.5, while Jeff and Mike are tied at 2.

Biatch has the OT locked up in our game. Not sure about Jeff/Mike yet.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've run the asdfjkl; out of rocks for the night, so the Rocket will win game 4 by a score of at least 4.5 to 3.5 (pending Eberle and Letang adding to their assists).

The KC Reserves have a 1 goal lead over the Flyers, AND the OT locked up. They've got to fade Simmonds though, who will need to add a goal and an assist to his 1st period helper to give Mike the win.

Game 5 goes Monday, and it's looking pretty likely that the expansion teams will be bringing 3-1 leads over the old guard.

Round 2 - Game 4 - Saturday, March 21, 2015

(3) Toronto Rocket 5.5

(8) asdfjkl; 3.5

Toronto Rocket leads series 3-1

(5) KC Reserves 3.0

(7) Tulane Flyers 2.0

KC Reserves lead series 3-1

Well... it'll be an all-expansion finals!

This will be the first year than an expansion team will win the FCHL championship.

Toronto Rocket vs KC Reserves

Series starts Saturday.

Happy to have a few days for the guys to rest...

Hornqvist, St. Louis, and Perreault could all be healthy by game 1.

Dougie Hamilton's status is still up in the air though. He would be a rather large loss. My #3 d-man and he plays 5/7 games, I think. At least that many.

Also Bjugstad is going to miss tomorrow's game, so hopefully he can heal up by Saturday as he's frequently among my top 6 forwards.

Sorry..I have to root for the KC Reserves, solely on the basis of Subban and Price being on your team.

Good luck though.

• Like 2

Jeff didn't realize there was a game and still wins it in OT even though he posted no OT order. Pretty hilarious.

Does a lineup get left up from the previous game in the Yahoo software so he had whatever players from the previous game were playing ?

Yeah pretty much. We have a specific slot called Uti for the OT player during the season so that counted. They didn't need to go farther than that to decide. Just funny. Zach works so hard and analyzes so much when doing lineups and Jeff completely whiffs and wins.

I think Jeff filled his lineup in before, just didn't realize in time to post an OT order. Because we have a slot for the OT guy in Yahoo, Jeff wins with that. It would have been a bit of a mess had it gone past that.

Jeff does just as much analysis as I do, I think. He's got his magic spreadsheets too.

Had Jeff been paying attention, he would have taken his injured Neal out and replaced him with Bolland's 1+1 and it wouldn't have even been close.

I think Jeff filled his lineup in before, just didn't realize in time to post an OT order. Because we have a slot for the OT guy in Yahoo, Jeff wins with that. It would have been a bit of a mess had it gone past that.

Jeff does just as much analysis as I do, I think. He's got his magic spreadsheets too.

Had Jeff been paying attention, he would have taken his injured Neal out and replaced him with Bolland's 1+1 and it wouldn't have even been close.

I bet his spreadsheets make yours (and mine) look like someone in short pants did them

I've upped my spreadsheet game a lot since starting at the TPA. I make killer ones to analyze the data, but I bet Jeff could write one that with one click would output all the graphs I need without the 4 or 5 intermediate steps I have to take.

My spreadsheets for the pools are pretty basic. The only good "programming" I used was having a column for a player's age which automatically updates as time passes.

I've upped my spreadsheet game a lot since starting at the TPA. I make killer ones to analyze the data, but I bet Jeff could write one that with one click would output all the graphs I need without the 4 or 5 intermediate steps I have to take.

My spreadsheets for the pools are pretty basic. The only good "programming" I used was having a column for a player's age which automatically updates as time passes.

and his spreadsheets would automatically send you a message when you are about to spend too much money in a bar with the following message. " Don't waste your money on overpriced bar drinks, invest it in a TFSA for your retirement. "