• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

I do enjoy the pool. Just because I voice an objection to the rules of the pool (which I didnt even do today actually, lol), I consider everyone in that pool a friend.

I dont consider wanting to make the pool better an insult to anyone, or somehow unfriendly.

You were there that night. Did it look unfriendly when we talked about the pool, after the pool, for about 8 hours? lol. That was as much fun as the pool, discussing the history, what we like, what we dont like.

Anyway, no objections at all today. All I asked for was opinions from others, and actually thanked those that disagreed with me. Talking about the pool itself is fun for me.

I can tell you I did not like drafting underage. I thought it was dumb and wrecked the whole drafting process. However Darrell was dead set on implemting it.

Aftet it became law I rolled with the rules and became a child molester

I still think we should all go out for buffet the night before the draft. Imaging sitting around and talking and eating for 3 hours

I am happy to be the unifying force of the pool

and I think everybody will be happy to know that my 2 best forwards are RFA's and might not be playing for a while

• Like 1

I still think we should all go out for buffet the night before the draft. Imaging sitting around and talking and eating for 3 hours

lol, you and your buffets.

Buffet night before a draft sounds like the worst idea possible for my gut. lol

I miss Biatch around here...

I love these rules, it will allow the weaker teams like Serge and JP to be competitive more and give me a chance to eliminate them in the playoffs on a more regular basis.

lol, you and your buffets.

Buffet night before a draft sounds like the worst idea possible for my gut. lol

Food to me is like beer. Let me eat and i promise you. Tavares will be on your team

Well played.

Is Dragon Pearl still open????

Actually I am serious lol

Dragon Pearl is probably the one buffet I don't like. Not sure why

I miss Biatch around here...

I love these rules, it will allow the weaker teams like Serge and JP to be competitive more and give me a chance to eliminate them in the playoffs on a more regular basis.

Ya this coming from dan

a guy that has done nothing in this pool since he has been in it

if you guys want to keep taking shots like little bitches i will take care of it really quik

I dont like it either.

Then again, never been to a buffet I truly liked in Canada.

There is a reason why my family likes to take vacations in vegas

• Like 1

I'm putting together a rough draft of the rules. It's quite a job. We have rules everywhere. Everyone remembers the Kovalchuk Rule, right? Lol

LOL I got about an hour into this a couple of summers ago before I wanted to light myself on fire. So good luck. Lol

• Like 1

back in the charity poker days one location was the China Buffet King at the hotel at Warden and 401. The perfect combination for Wayne.

Home of at least one murder

Catching up.

Waivers are the worst part of the league.

I'm not an idiot and can tell when Bob sub-posts me.

Thanks Arp.

It's Friday night I'm not as old as all of you so I'm at my third comedy show of the night and can't participate.

back in the charity poker days one location was the China Buffet King at the hotel at Warden and 401. The perfect combination for Wayne.

I had Otto 1 year old birthday party there. We had over 100 people show up

You know what would really increase the talent level? No farm teams. But see, I would hate that. So everyone has their own view of how the league should run.

These things we are trying to achieve, all depend on how you see the league and how you want to massage the rules to make it the most interesting/fun for all.

Im just thankful none of the arguments I saw today were "because thats how the NHL does it". That argument is so loosely applied in fantasy leagues, I cant figure why people really bring it up.

EDIT: forgot Dale wanted 25games because of the NHL.

See, then why are we giving rookies a 5year deal, when an NHL team can only sign a rookie to a 3year max entry level deal. Why dont we have a 3year entry level deal with no raises, doesnt that put them into the pool and still get to use them as the keeper they were meant to be, instead of giving them a raise 1 year into their AHL life? Suddenly, we arent doing it like the NHL, and frankly, the NHL has it right. We devalue our $3 first rounders by having to give them raises right away.

I don't hate this idea. Like the NHL, a rookie contract that stays the same for the first three years actually makes a lot of sense and also helps do what I wanted to see happen with the proposed rule change. Your idea is more drastic, but it might just be a lot better. Let me think about that one...

So I think Arp came out with a better idea. How do you like this instead:

If you call up a rookie (defined as playing less than 25 NHL games) after October and before Spring call ups, you have the option to sign him for 1-3 years at NO INCREASE. So you call up your 3.00 rookie and then for 2 more years he is on your roster for 3.00. Regardless of how he does or how many games he plays, you get 3 years of service total at the opening price IF you call them up as a rookie.

Regardless of the grouping that the player falls into, in years 4 and 5 of the contract the increase would be 10%. Example contracts:

Top tier 3.00 player signed for 5 years 5.00 7.50 9.50 10.50 11.75

Second tier 2.50 player signed for 5 years 3.50 4.25 4.75 5.25 5.75

Third tier 2.00 player signed for 5 years 2.75 3.25 3.75 4.25 4.75

Bottom tier .50 player signed for 5 years 0.75 0.75 0.75 1.00 1.00

I'm not sure why, but I seem to get different numbers on this new rookie signing format.

Assuming AHL sticky thread "current salary structure" is correct

Forwards Defense Goal Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Min Increase

1-20 1-10 1-5 50% 25% 15% $2.00

21-50 11-25 6-15 40% 20% 10% $1.00

51-100 26-50 16-25 30% 15% 10% $0.50

101-200 51-90 26-40 20% NONE NONE NONE

The numbers I get are

Top tier 3.00 player signed for 5 years 5.00 6.25 7.25 8.00 9.00

Second tier 2.50 player signed for 5 years 3.50 4.25 4.75 5.25 6.00

Third tier 2.00 player signed for 5 years 2.75 3.25 3.75 4.25 4.75

Bottom tier .50 player signed for 5 years 0.75 0.75 0.75 1.00 1.25

Am I mis-understanding the new rule?

So I think Arp came out with a better idea. How do you like this instead:

If you call up a rookie (defined as playing less than 25 NHL games) after October and before Spring call ups, you have the option to sign him for 1-3 years at NO INCREASE. So you call up your 3.00 rookie and then for 2 more years he is on your roster for 3.00. Regardless of how he does or how many games he plays, you get 3 years of service total at the opening price IF you call them up as a rookie.

that's a fairly drastic change in the value of draft picks

let me think about things when I'm more awake and see about the different ways this values them.

that's a fairly drastic change in the value of draft picks

let me think about things when I'm more awake and see about the different ways this values them.

I made the suggestion in the AHL forum that people wait to vote until discussion and analysis has happend since a vote can't be changed once it's done. I think it was Arp who talked about that in this thread yesterday and it's a good point.