A H L Discussion

Ya, how dare he make an awful lineup that doesnt maximize his teams assets in an effort to get the best pick. He is just blatantly putting out the worst team he can.

Oh wait, thats you!

He started 1guy in 1 game who is hurt, your lineup looks like an ECHL roster, but he's the one we have the problem with? Come on. If your gonna tank, dont be so quick to point out 1teams 1player on one night.

There's a difference between dressing a guy who hasn't played in nearly a month AND making him your OT player and just having bad players because you traded your assets for future value.

Don't tell me you don't realize that.

Every lineup I make, I check out my players' pool PPG and go from there. I dressed Ottawa nearly every game they played because they were clearly my best team, even though they significantly hurt my chances to lose.

I don't dress players who aren't playing unless they are random healthy scratches I'm unaware of, or if I have no options.

Once a week I update my stats in a spreadsheet. Last night, I noticed Jordie Benn had a bunch of points last week, so I tossed him back into my active lineup instead of hiding him on mjy reserve list.

Get serious dude.

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

There's a difference between dressing a guy who hasn't played in nearly a month AND making him your OT player and just having bad players because you traded your assets for future value.

Don't tell me you don't realize that.

Every lineup I make, I check out my players' pool PPG and go from there. I dressed Ottawa nearly every game they played because they were clearly my best team, even though they significantly hurt my chances to lose.

I don't dress players who aren't playing unless they are random healthy scratches I'm unaware of, or if I have no options.

Once a week I update my stats in a spreadsheet. Last night, I noticed Jordie Benn had a bunch of points last week, so I tossed him back into my active lineup instead of hiding him on mjy reserve list.

Get serious dude.

This is an honourable guy..This is why I am going to put my best lineups in to the best of my ability

Get serious dude.

I am serious, dude!

I dont have any issue with your team looking as god awful as it does. I just find it ironic that this lineup:

Shortstackers

Forwards

• Michael Grabner
  • Drew Stafford
  • Teemu Hartikainen
  • Vladimir Sobotka
  • Peter Regin
  • Andreas Nodl

Defense

• Clayton Stoner
  • Matt Gilroy
  • Empty
  • Empty

Goalies

Goalies-B NY Islanders

Has a problem with this lineup:

Red Ravens

Forwards

• Milan Michalek
  • Cody Hodgson
  • Derek Roy
  • Rene Bourque
  • Milan Hejduk
  • Johan Franzen

Defense

• Marc Staal
  • Raphael Diaz
  • Andre Benoit
  • Trevor Daley

Goalies

Goalies-B Montreal

Overtime Player

Milan Michalek

You guys cant have it both ways. If your gonna tear down and put into your lineups AHL'ers, you cant jump all over a guy cause he missed an injured player or two. Maybe he was busy this week? Either way, he's starting Roy, Hodgson, MStaal, who on their own will beat your collection of guys on any given night Zach. Your lineup scores negative points on the whole year! Your to be commended for being able to keep up with your teams stats, but I personally still have an issue with how quickly and negatively you point out missed lineups, but dont see an issue with the fact your team is devoid of any scorers. You didnt do that just for 3rd rounders in 2014, you did that so you could get McKinnon, and if today Red Ravens decides hes going to start sitting all his best players, well, thats ok too according to the rules.

The only problem I had was Michalek as OT. Read my posts. I went through and noticed he had nobody else, so that's fine. But he can't be his OT player, that's ****ing lazy.

And let's go. I picked the right goaltenders... Islanders vs the Sens who can't score at all. 2 GA. Could have gone all tankjob and taken Calgary's backup against Vancouver.

I actually went through my 6th forward decision because I had Nodl, Byron, and Smith to pick from. Decided Nodl was most likely to be playing, but in reality, all 3 are in the minors. Didn't have a better option there.

I have come to the conclusion, however reluctantly, that I will support a proposal having the top draft pick go to the best team that did not make the playoffs. Draft lotterly helps a little but it still has had not much affect in FCHL.

nobody has been able to explain to me exactly why we're trying to eliminate "tanking".

which tanking are you referring to? You, or something like what your accusing Red Ravens of?

(thats not sarcasm, I dont know how else to word that)

mine, which should be an acceptable strategy given that I think it's likely optimal under the conditions of our current league.

I wasn't accusing Ravens of anything other than laziness or forgetfulness. As Bob pointed out here or on MSN, he's not tanking, he's still holding guys like Selanne and Legwand who have more value in trade than they do to him. It was just a sign that he's not into the pool this season, or lately, for whatever reason.

mine, which should be an acceptable strategy given that I think it's likely optimal under the conditions of our current league.

I think the conditions of the league need to be changed.

And I dont like rewarding losing, to answer your question from before.

I feel like I have had this discussion before? :)

I think the conditions of the league need to be changed.

And I dont like rewarding losing, to answer your question from before.

I feel like I have had this discussion before? :)

This is what pisses me off IMO..(not directed at you)

For years the league strategy was to "tank" get bad so you can accumulate players..Thats what a lot of teams did..I never believed in this as I believe in winning at all costs...

Now the last 2 years i have accepted this "strategy" people are trying to change the rules on me.

This is what pisses me off IMO..(not directed at you)

For years the league strategy was to "tank" get bad so you can accumulate players..Thats what a lot of teams did..I never believed in this as I believe in winning at all costs...

Now the last 2 years i have accepted this "strategy" people are trying to change the rules on me.

So, youd be ok if we changed the rules in 2yrs, since you think its a bad strategy for people to use, but you want to take advantage of it in the meantime, is that it?

Cause I can understand that argument.

Yeah.

I don't see a way to solve it. Sorry, but not rewarding teams who finish last with a better draft pick is bizarre to me. I don't see how you can solve the perceived problem of not wanting to encourage and reward losing with something that won't help bad teams improve.

There IS an incentive in this league to win. There are nice sums of money at stake. It's not like us tankers plan on losing in perpetuity. Some of us had no real choice if we wanted to win a CHAMPIONSHIP. My team was trash when I got it. Some decent pieces, but nothing for the future, and no cap room to keep anybody. My only real option was to tank and use the draft because the auction provided such poor value.

My team has been doomed from the moment I inherited it, so I had to take a long approach to build a championship team. If I'm able to do that remains to be seen, but for certain, I wouldn't have had a chance any other way. Maybe I could have made the playoffs some more (though not in our division), but at best I'd be bounced in the 1st round. Even when my team was at it's best, the first year I took over, I stood no shot at getting out of our division. No shot at all. In fact, I've never won a playoff round.

Anyways, we've gone over all of this.

I don't get rewarding someone for trying to win and failing, rather than helping the worst teams get better. If you give #13 the #1 pick, whoever finished 20th is stuck there forever.

So, youd be ok if we changed the rules in 2yrs, since you think its a bad strategy for people to use, but you want to take advantage of it in the meantime, is that it?

Cause I can understand that argument.

I dont think its a BAD strategy per se...But I dont agree with it..I sort of HAD to employ this strategy if I wanted my team to get better...however if we implement something i think we would need to have a 2 year window for it to be fair.

I am definetely taking advantage of the strategy..I hate it..I hate the fact that I have no chance to make the playoffs..I hate the fact that I get upset when Wayne Simmonds and Viktor Stalberg score..However I know now that within 2-3 years when I have Yakupov and Mackinnon/Drouin in the lineup everynight, it will be hopefully worth it.

doesnt really matter now does it

im just saying that if I had helm and Reilly I would put Reilly in the spot because he had a better chance of playing since you know, he's skated in the last 24 hours. Tank all you want, I'm not in the league I don't care but to me playing a guy who hasn't skated since jan due to injury vs a guy who finally signed a contract, well the decision is a no brained for people who want to field a competitive lineup.

What I'd like to know is...what happens when a lineup is missed? Does an automatic lineup get generated? Does Bob input a lineup?

Because yesterday the first game started at 12:00, and I checked the lineups after the first game had started, and there were only 19. When I checked later in the evening, there were 20.

I think Bob mocks up the "best" lineup available... ie, who would the owner have gone with before the game. I remember being consulted on one once because it was a missed lineup against Bob.

I could be wrong.

What I'd like to know is...what happens when a lineup is missed? Does an automatic lineup get generated? Does Bob input a lineup?

Because yesterday the first game started at 12:00, and I checked the lineups after the first game had started, and there were only 19. When I checked later in the evening, there were 20.

It's different for the regular season and playoffs.

If you miss a lineup in the playoffs you just lose the game automatically.

In the regular season a missed lineup means that I put one in and that team loses automatically if it's tied and if they have more than one set of goalies available they get the goalies that gave up the most goals.

One teams lineup was put in late but not too late that I changed anything but they would have lost if it was tied.

If a team misses too many lineups they will lose draft picks as a penalty.

So far this year only one lineup has been missed.

The battle for first tonight.

The Big M's

Forwards

Jonathan Toews

Jeff Carter

Brad Marchand

Henrik Zetterberg

Matt Duchene

Scott Hartnell

Defense

Zdeno Chara

Duncan Keith

Fedor Tyutin

Jonathan Ericsson

Goalies

Goalies-B Washington

Overtime Player

Henrik Zetterberg

Ingmen

Forwards

Daniel Sedin

John Tavares

Martin St. Louis

Mikko Koivu

Patrick Kane

Rick Nash

Defense

Andrew MacDonald

Drew Doughty

Grant Clitsome

Ryan McDonagh

Goalies

Goalies-A Boston

Overtime Player

John Tavares

No one cares Robert.

Everyone is too busy watching the race for the playoffs and to see if the defending champs cant be knocked out by the up and coming Whalers. The only team to sell off, tank and still win, all in the same year!

I care

admit it, your real worry isnt Bob, but what happens to you if I squeak into the playoffs.

The only reason why this is a huge game is cause NO ONE wants to finish 2nd in that division and have to take on the Whalers in the playoffs.