A H L Discussion

Thank you for the inspiration, Daniel.

Both my defense and goalies have improved since.

Forwards 2nd

Defense 10th

Goalies 8th

do your rankings again based on results after last night.

should be interesting at this point in the season.

if i find some time later, Ill do mine

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

Trade offer for Gothic!

I'll give you:

Drew Miller

Jay McClement

Jordan Nolan

TJ Galiardi

Tony Lydman

Tom Poti

Tim Gleason AND

The Pony Express himself!

for

either PK Subban or Stamkos (i'll let you choose)

'cause ya know... Ponikarovsky is in NJ now and he'll be playing on the top line with Zajac and Kovalchuck!

ps: I'll even throw in WPG goalies is you want... ya know.. . to balance the deal!

Trade offer for Gothic!

I'll give you:

Drew Miller

Jay McClement

Jordan Nolan

TJ Galiardi

Tony Lydman

Tom Poti

Tim Gleason AND

for

'cause ya know... Ponikarovsky is in NJ now and he'll be playing on the top line with Zajac and Kovalchuck!

ps: I'll even throw in WPG goalies is you want... ya know.. . to balance the deal!

lol

Trade offer for Gothic!

I'll give you:

Drew Miller

Jay McClement

Jordan Nolan

TJ Galiardi

Tony Lydman

Tom Poti

Tim Gleason AND

for

I can only assume you're joking because I haven't made any offer to you like this.

There's nobody in your offer that would replace any other options I have.

And I already have WPG goalies.

Here's a question for you:

Why do you consider;

Claude Giroux, Drew Miller, Jay McClement, Jordan Nolan, Tony Lydman and Tom Poti

better to have on a last place team than...

Matt Read, Nazem Kadri, Jason Zucker, Patrick Maroon, Jake Muzzin and M.A. Bourdon

I'd also like to add that you act like I claimed Boychuk was going to be a 50 goal scorer. When I mentioned Boychuk you said he had been waived. I responded and all I said was that he was now with Pittsburgh and would be on a line with Malkin and Neal. What you do with that fact is your choice.

Why do you consider;

Claude Giroux, Drew Miller, Jay McClement, Jordan Nolan, Tony Lydman and Tom Poti

Matt Read, Nazem Kadri, Jason Zucker, Patrick Maroon, Jake Muzzin and M.A. Bourdon

Giroux is the BPA out of that bunch.

Lol, of course it's a joke, a very exaggerated joke! There was an update on Rotowire that was almost word for word your ksp for Boychuck, but about Pony. I couldn't resist, had to post this!

Lol, of course it's a joke, a very exaggerated joke! There was an update on Rotowire that was almost word for word your ksp for Boychuck, but about Pony. I couldn't resist, had to post this!

Im confused, are Jay McClement and Tom Poti available or not?

Ive been working on an offer all day for them in the hopes that they were!

• Like 1

Big M's losing to the Steelheads is such a ridiculous blow.

and what drama, decided in the shootout of the last game of the night. You suck Bob.

yup, my goalies vs his goalies in the shootout. I screwed up.

Im confused, are Jay McClement and Tom Poti available or not?

Ive been working on an offer all day for them in the hopes that they were!

I decided to make them available when you put Nyqvist on the table. :icon_shifty:

Why do you consider;

Matt Read is 2 years older than Claude Giroux

I think I figured out why I am so high on Burmistrov. They said on the Pens radio in the game tonight, that he has 7 pts in career games against the Pens. Wonder if he just flashes that brilliance when I'm watching, and disappears when I'm not? lol.

I can only assume you're joking because I haven't made any offer to you like this.

There's nobody in your offer that would replace any other options I have.

And I already have WPG goalies.

Here's a question for you:

Why do you consider;

The other players on the Giroux side don't matter in this. You get that right?

I value Giroux as the best player on this list by a good margin, and when you consider the contract, it's not even remotely close. He's been better than a ppg player over the last two seasons.

Kadri is the next best guy on the list, but he's just potential at this point. Can be potentially be an 80 point guy? Maybe. Is he more likely a 50-60 point guy? Definitely.

Read? He'll never top 60 in his career. He's at or past his scoring prime in the NHL. Plus he turns 27 in the summer. Why would we want to add a guy like this when we can just keep Giroux who is 19 months younger.

Patrick Maroon is turning 25 in April and has 2 games played in the NHL.

Jake Muzzin turns 24 in a week, he has a bit of upside, but he only really scored in junior in his 20/21-year old season. He's done alright in Machester last year and this year, but lots of d-men don't translate mid level offense from the AHL to the NHL. He's a huge question mark.

M.A. Bourdon showed some offense in the easiest major junior league to score in on the planet. He hasn't done much in the AHL. He's also 23 (turns 24 in September).

Jason Zucker is the only really intriguing part of this trade. 59th overall pick in 2010, but he's scoring at nearly a PPG in the AHL this year, and has some really good college numbers. He is a bit undersized, but not so much that it will affect his ability to transfer his skill over to the NHL too much. Problem is, the odds of him having even one season like Giroux has had, or even will have while he's a member of the Swackers are rather small. Like, really, really small.

Guys like Muzzin, Bourdon, Maroon are a dime a dozen. You can get these guys anywhere if you want them. They have no value to me in this trade. Read, a little bit of value. 47 points is a good player to have in the AHL. Not great, not bad. Don't think his peak will be much higher though, so he's not particularly valuable. Zucker has some potential value, but it's unrealized potential at this point.

Why would I trade a player who has proven to be a PPG player over his last two seasons for a guy who is probably a 50 pt peak, who is OLDER than Giroux, and a guy who has played just 6 NHL games?

If Giroux was $10/11/12 over his contract, and due a raise for the 4th season, when I'm starting to challenge for a division title, then sure, let's flip him. And Zucker might be the start of a nice package, but wouldn't trade him for any of the other guys you mentioned.

The other players on the Giroux side don't matter in this. You get that right?

This is where we disagree. I think the other players matter very much. Swackers is a rebuilding team so eventually those other guys will need to be replaced. How do you propose he replace those players?

You seem to condemn trading a valuable asset for potential yet that is exactly what you did when you traded Yandle and Keith.

2 basic things for you to understand Dale.

1. Replacement level players ie the quality of player you can get for 25 cents at the draft or pick up during the season have little to no value

2. This is the important one. Giroux is a totally unique player in the AHL with his franchise player contract, age and how good he is. In fact he is probably the most valuable contract in the pool.

This is where we disagree. I think the other players matter very much. Swackers is a rebuilding team so eventually those other guys will need to be replaced. How do you propose he replace those players?

You seem to condemn trading a valuable asset for potential yet that is exactly what you did when you traded Yandle and Keith.

No, not condemning that. The situations were different. I did the math and Yandle was going to be over $10 by the time I was ready to compete. Keith was a little cheaper, but he is also older. As much as I wanted them to be, neither would be as valuable to me when I was ready to compete as they were that summer. Additionally, they aren't scoring any points for me this year, which definitely has value in this format, whether you want to condemn "tanking" or not.

====

How does someone replace Drew Miller, Jay McClement, Jordan Nolan, Tony Lydman and Tom Poti? There are literally a million ways. Smaller trades that don't include your franchise player, the auction, farm promotion... none of these options are worse than having Muzzin, Bourdon, Read, Kadri and Zucker if it means having to give up Giroux.

Like I said earlier, I think Kadri and Zucker are nice pieces, but neither of them will be better than Giroux, statistically speaking. Their chances are infinitesimal. Zucker being 50 cents makes him more attractive than I realized earlier, btw. Zucker/Kadri would be a nice start for a package for Giroux. Maybe add a 1st or a 2nd and I'd probably do it if Giroux's contract was $10.00/$12.00/FA. But at his current contract, I'm keeping him for nothing less than a player on his level with a better contract.

I dont know why you guys are comparing trading for Giroux with his lifetime contract to trading for Yandle+Keith with bad contracts.

After, lets compare Eric Staal at $20, to Daniel Sedin at $2.

I think I figured out why I am so high on Burmistrov. They said on the Pens radio in the game tonight, that he has 7 pts in career games against the Pens. Wonder if he just flashes that brilliance when I'm watching, and disappears when I'm not? lol.

lol

trade?

I don't know why we're still talking about trading Giroux for Read. I'm just talking about trading Giroux. I think the Swackers could speed up the rebuild process by trading him.

2 basic things for you to understand Dale.

1. Replacement level players ie the quality of player you can get for 25 cents at the draft or pick up during the season have little to no value

2. This is the important one. Giroux is a totally unique player in the AHL with his franchise player contract, age and how good he is. In fact he is probably the most valuable contract in the pool.

1. They may have little to know value when you pick them up, but they have the potential to increase in value. Also, I'm not sure how this is relevant to our discussion.

2. I think you overvalue Giroux but we'll just agree to disagree on that one. I think his value depends on other factors. For me, Giroux's value to the Swackers is much greater as a tradeable asset.

I don't know why we're still talking about trading Giroux for Read. I'm just talking about trading Giroux. I think the Swackers could speed up the rebuild process by trading him.

Right, I'm just explaining why I disagree with you. Told you which group of players I'd rather have and why. :)

I could see trading Giroux if the deal was right, but not for anything close to your offer. Again, I'd do it for Zucker/Kadri++ if he had a different contract and he wouldn't be useful to me when I was hoping to be competitive.

No, not condemning that. The situations were different. I did the math and Yandle was going to be over $10 by the time I was ready to compete. Keith was a little cheaper, but he is also older. As much as I wanted them to be, neither would be as valuable to me when I was ready to compete as they were that summer. Additionally, they aren't scoring any points for me this year, which definitely has value in this format, whether you want to condemn "tanking" or not.

====

How does someone replace Drew Miller, Jay McClement, Jordan Nolan, Tony Lydman and Tom Poti? There are literally a million ways. Smaller trades that don't include your franchise player, the auction, farm promotion... none of these options are worse than having Muzzin, Bourdon, Read, Kadri and Zucker if it means having to give up Giroux.

Like I said earlier, I think Kadri and Zucker are nice pieces, but neither of them will be better than Giroux, statistically speaking. Their chances are infinitesimal. Zucker being 50 cents makes him more attractive than I realized earlier, btw. Zucker/Kadri would be a nice start for a package for Giroux. Maybe add a 1st or a 2nd and I'd probably do it if Giroux's contract was $10.00/$12.00/FA. But at his current contract, I'm keeping him for nothing less than a player on his level with a better contract.

Are you saying you wouldn't trade Giroux unless you received a player that was equal to him in talent and had a better contract.?