2010-11 Canadian Gothic

The Severin Blindenbacher era is over for the Canadian Gothic. He was dropped this evening after having seen no action for the Gothic. NYI forward Rhett Rakhshani was picked up to replace him.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Severin Blindenbacher era is over for the Canadian Gothic. He was dropped this evening after having seen no action for the Gothic. NYI forward Rhett Rakhshani was picked up to replace him.
Those are some of the best names out there..Severin Blindenbacher is a classic.
  • 2 weeks later...

Notes on the Canadian Gothic farmhands:D Oskars Bartulis - currently playing for the Philadelphia Flyers in the NHL. He has no points in 5 games. Was often a healthy scratch before the Chris Pronger injury.D Raymond Macias - currently playing for the Lake Erie Monsters in the AHL. He has 3 goals and 9 assists for 12 points in 27 games.D Marc-Andre Bourdon - currently playing for the Adirondack Phantoms in the AHL. He has 1 goal and 6 assists for 7 points in 29 games.D Dimitri Orlov - currently playing for the Novokuznetsk Metallurg in the KHL. He has 2 goals and 8 assists for 10 points in 33 games. He is at the Russian selection camp for the upcoming World Juniors.D T.J. Brodie - currently playing for the Abbotsford Heat in the AHL. He has 1 goal and 13 assists for 14 points in 28 games.D Simon Despres - currently playing for the Saint John Sea Dogs in the QMJHL. He has 9 goals and 17 assists for 26 points in 22 games. He will play for Canada in the upcoming World Juniors.D Yannick Weber - currently playing for the Montreal Canadiens in the NHL. He has 2 assists in 6 games.D Brendan Smith - currently playing for the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL. He has 7 gopals and 12 assists for 19 points in 32 games.D John Merrill - currently playing for the University of Michigan in the CCHA. He has 5 goals and 8 assists for 13 points in 19 games. He will play for the USA in the upcoming World Juniors.D Jesse Blacker - currently playing for the Owen Sound Attack in the OHL. He has 7 goals and 21 assists for 28 points in 30 games.D Mark Pysyk - currently playing for the Edmonton Oil Kings in the WHL. He has 1 goal and 13 assists for 14 points in 26 games. Was one of the final cuts for Canadian Junior Team.F Matt Calvert - currently playing for the Springfield Falcons in the AHL. He has 13 goals and 9 assists for 22 points in 31 games.F Cory Emmerton - currently playing for the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL. He has 6 goals and 13 assists for 19 points in 23 games.F Igor Makarov - currently playing for the Rockford Icehogs in the AHL. He currently has 3 goals and 9 assists for 12 points in 28 games.F Maxim Mayorov - currently playing for the Springfield Falcons in the AHL. He has 7 goals and 6 assists for 13 points in 28 games.F Philip McRae - currently playing for the Peoria Rivermen in the AHL. He has 10 goals and 11 assists for 21 points in 30 games.F Tim Kennedy - currently playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack in the AHL. He has 4 goals and 15 assists for 19 points in 27 games.F Patrick Maroon - currently playing for the Syracuse Crunch in the AHL after starting the season with the Adirondack Phantoms. In total he has 7 goals and 7 assists for 14 points in 21 games.F Casey Pierro-Zabotel - currently playing for the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL. He has 6 goals and 5 assists for 11 points in 22 games.F Brett Connolly - currently playing for the Prince George Cougars in the WHL. He has 22 goals and 14 assists for 36 points in 30 games. He will play for Canada in the upcoming World Juniors.F Nathan Gerbe - currently playing for the Buffalo Sabres in the NHL. He has 1 goal and 5 assists for 6 points in 21 games.

It's guaranteed Loss night tonight. I'm playing the Whalers and here is my lineup... * James Neal OT * Jussi Jokinen - not playing * Kyle Clifford * Rhett Rakhshani - not playing * Empty * Empty * Marc Staal * Matt Niskanen - not playing * Zbynek Michalek * EmptyGoalies-A San Jose

It's guaranteed Loss night tonight. I'm playing the Whalers and here is my lineup... * James Neal OT * Jussi Jokinen - not playing * Kyle Clifford * Rhett Rakhshani - not playing * Empty * Empty * Marc Staal * Matt Niskanen - not playing * Zbynek Michalek * EmptyGoalies-A San Jose
aw come on!

Gothic farmhands playing in today's medal games...CanadaF Brett Connolly TAMD Simon Despres PITRussiaD Dmitry Orlov WASUSAD Jon Merrill NJ

My sympathies to the following Gothic players who made the NHL all-star event...Jarome IginlaSteven StamkosMarc StaalJonas Hiller
Just heard on Twitter. Since the Mustangs are underrepresented Hiller will be playing as a Mustang in the game.

The Gothic have just dropped Mattias Ritola and picked up Marcel Mueller off waivers. I still think Ritola has some talent, but injuries and health issues have stunted his development.http://leafshq.com/2010/07/14/leafs-sign-m...ut-what-of-him/

not bad...I actually did think about it, as i have a bunch of dead weight on my team and scouring waiver wires..I think there is at least 5 or 6 guys ahead of Mueller..He might be a player though..

Two minor deals...To Gothic:Ottawa Shortstackers 2011-12 4th round pickTo Shortstackers:F Dustin Jeffrey PIT $1.00AND...To Gothic:D Sami Lepisto PHXMagically Delicious 2012-13 4th round pickTo Delicious:Canadian Gothic 2012-13 3rd round pickMore to come...maybe.

To Gothic:D Shea Weber NAS$5.00 2011-12To Puck Warfare:D Simon Despres PIT mlD Anton Stralman CLB
What? I thought you meant Mike Weber!Kidding obv. The more Canadian Olympians you can get, the better!
What's Weber and Stralman's contract/salaries?Despres on the farm, I assume?
Despres on the farm and will be $1.00.Stralman is 0.75 per year through 2013-14Weber makes $4.50 this year and $5.00 next.
What? I thought you meant Mike Weber!Kidding obv. The more Canadian Olympians you can get, the better!Despres on the farm and will be $1.00.Stralman is 0.75 per year through 2013-14Weber makes $4.50 this year and $5.00 next.
I think it's a good trade for both teams. You got a potential stud dman in the Pittsburgh system (Despres) plus a guy who has shown he can score in the NHL (Stralman), but just needs to find some consistency and I got a proven NHL stud dman. My thinking is that Despres may indeed turn into a great D, but he still has quite a few offensive dmen ahead of him in Pittsburgh. So I think he's about 5 years away from producing in the NHL. Stralman was a pain in my ass. I never knew when he was gonna be scratched or not. And now it looks like Grant Clitsome (nice pickup, Wayne) has passed him on the depth chart. He had a good contract, but I need the roster spot. Shea Weber has been mediocre at best this season so I'm thinking he has to go on a run soon (although points in 9 straight games may suggest he's already on one). Would be a good time around the AHL playoffs :club: And by Jay giving me Weber's salary next year, it allows me to make a legitimate shot at the AHL championship next year as well as now.FYI: (AHL) Despres was chosen in the third round and was 45th overall. He was taken with the PK Dealers pick which I had acquired in an earlier trade.

Yeah, that's a solid deal. Would be nice to get a little more certainty for Weber, but between Stralman and Despres, that is a lot of years of some definite potential. I know Jay man-loves Stralman, so that is a nice touch.

To Gothic:D Brian Rafalski DET ($3.75, $4.50)Swackers 2013-14 3rd Rnd pickTo Swackers:Canadian Gothic 2013-14 1st Rnd pickCanadian Gothic 2013-14 2nd Rnd pickF Marcel Mueller TOR ($0.25)

Good deal Dale. Rafalski has been absolutely money this year (seriously, he missed a bunch of games and is still over 30 points!) with no signs of slowing down. Giving up barely more than a late first is a seriously good deal, IMO.

Good deal Dale. Rafalski has been absolutely money this year (seriously, he missed a bunch of games and is still over 30 points!) with no signs of slowing down. Giving up barely more than a late first is a seriously good deal, IMO.
Thanks. I think it's a good deal. It also gives Swacker Dave a couple of draft picks to use toward the rebuild. Defense has been a weakness on my team. Guys like Niskanen, Sekera, Cumiskey, etc are still young and dmen take longer to come into their own. Picking up Weber and Rafalski should bolster my D a little :club:
Thanks. I think it's a good deal. It also gives Swacker Dave a couple of draft picks to use toward the rebuild. Defense has been a weakness on my team. Guys like Niskanen, Sekera, Cumiskey, etc are still young and dmen take longer to come into their own. Picking up Weber and Rafalski should bolster my D a little :club:
I thought this was going to be Cumiskey's breakout year....maybe next year.

To Shootloose:D Matt Hunwick COL (signed for 3 years at $0.50 each)Canadian Gothic 2014-15 1st Round PickD Oskars Bartulis PHI ml ($0.50)$0.75 2011-12To Canadian Gothic:D Kimmo Timonen PHI (signed for remainder of this year for $5.25)

To Shootloose:D Matt Hunwick COL (signed for 3 years at $0.50 each)Canadian Gothic 2014-15 1st Round PickD Oskars Bartulis PHI ml ($0.50)$0.75 2011-12To Canadian Gothic:D Kimmo Timonen PHI (signed for remainder of this year for $5.25)
hmmmm