2010-11 Canadian Gothic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big(ish) TradeTo Mustangs:Mustangs 1st Rd Pick 12-13Canadian Gothic 2nd Rd Pick 12-13To Gothic:F Jarome Iginla CGYF Nathan Gerbe BUF ml
Here are my thoughts on the trade:- i overpaid slightly, i think- i'm not convinced Gerbe isn't a career AHLer but I'll take a chance- my farm is just about full so I didn't mind trading a probable top 5 pick back to Serge- i hate $3 starting salariesFYI:Iginla's salry is $23.75 and he is a rental for this year.Gerbe is at $2.00 but he is still on the farm.
Here are my thoughts on the trade:- i overpaid slightly, i think- i'm not convinced Gerbe isn't a career AHLer but I'll take a chance- my farm is just about full so I didn't mind trading a probable top 5 pick back to Serge- i hate $3 starting salariesFYI:Iginla's salry is $23.75 and he is a rental for this year.Gerbe is at $2.00 but he is still on the farm.
Since Serge is getting his pick back, it maybe a top 3 pick.I think the trade is good for both teams and fair. I personally think that Gerbe is a career AHLer but look at Martin St. Louis!!!
I had called up Gerbe to my roster so you will need to make a decision before Oct 31..just an FYI
I had called up Gerbe to my roster so you will need to make a decision before Oct 31..just an FYI
I already sent him down as he put me over the 23-player active roster.
Since Serge is getting his pick back, it maybe a top 3 pick.I think the trade is good for both teams and fair. I personally think that Gerbe is a career AHLer but look at Martin St. Louis!!!
Sorry Wayne..I know we were working on a deal, but since I picked up all those draft picks from Tony yesterday , Dale's offer made more sense.Plus your team is too good to hoard your draft picks. :club:

My lineup for this Thursday looks like this:1. Steven Stamkos - TAM2. James Neal - DAL3. Jarome Iginla - CGY4. Teemu Selanne - ANA5. Paul Stastny - COL OT6. Guillaume Latendresse - MIN7. Tom Gilbert - EDM8. Matt Niskanen - DAL9. Marc Staal - NYR10. T.J. Brodie - CGYG. San Jose Sharks

Sorry Wayne..I know we were working on a deal, but since I picked up all those draft picks from Tony yesterday , Dale's offer made more sense.Plus your team is too good to hoard your draft picks. :club:
Absolutely no problem.
What do you think Iginla does this year Dale?
yeah, I agree somewhat.like you said, slightly overpayment on your part is what I see. Gerbe could really change all this.
Gerbe fits with Dale's team..He is a Habs fan . :club: Seriously though I hated giving up on Gerbe..
My lineup for this Thursday looks like this:1. Steven Stamkos - TAM2. James Neal - DAL3. Jarome Iginla - CGY4. Teemu Selanne - ANA5. Paul Stastny - COL OT6. Guillaume Latendresse - MIN7. Tom Gilbert - EDM8. Matt Niskanen - DAL9. Marc Staal - NYR10. T.J. Brodie - CGYG. San Jose Sharks
Brodie OUTHunwick IN
How the hell do you know Gerbe is a Habs fan?Is that why you traded him? :club:
lol..Its the smurf reference..I m sure you got it.
lol..Its the smurf reference..I m sure you got it.
actually, ill admit it, I did not get it. I saw him lining up the last Buffalo game with someone, cant recall who, but the guy looked to be about 20 feet higher. It was abolsutely comical, my first thought was who is that giant, and why did Buffalo send out Lindy Ruff's 8year old kid? Its fun watching Gerbe play, in that I was trying to see how he would use his postives (speed, elusive size) and not let his cons (being bullied off puck) takeover. Like Adam said, tough to see his potential playing 4th liner time.
actually, ill admit it, I did not get it. I saw him lining up the last Buffalo game with someone, cant recall who, but the guy looked to be about 20 feet higher. It was abolsutely comical, my first thought was who is that giant, and why did Buffalo send out Lindy Ruff's 8year old kid? Its fun watching Gerbe play, in that I was trying to see how he would use his postives (speed, elusive size) and not let his cons (being bullied off puck) takeover. Like Adam said, tough to see his potential playing 4th liner time.
While watching the Buffalo/Montreal game this past Friday I couldn't help but laugh as I saw Gill standing next to Gionta and Myers standing next to Gerbe. All I could think of was they should make a poster for Father/Son night with those 4.

Saturday night vs The MustangsI have a decision to make.Here are 5 forwards that I'm planning on dressing:Steven Stamkos TBPaul Stastny COLBryan Little - ATLJarome Iginla CGYTeemu Selanne ANAI need one more from this group:Tomas Kopecky CHIJussi Jokinen CARJames Neal DALGuillaume Latendresse MINPatrik Berglund STLAny suggestions? Comments? Any one you'd remove from the 5 I'm planning on dressing? No Serge, I'm not taking Stamkos out of the lineup.