Recreation Hockey League

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

I'm about to ref a girls competitive bantam AA playoff game, I'm watching the game before. It's atom BB, one of the coaches looks like arp. All the other coaches are yelling at the young refs, but the arp look a like isn't. Good job arp

I'm about to ref a girls competitive bantam AA playoff game, I'm watching the game before. It's atom BB, one of the coaches looks like arp. All the other coaches are yelling at the young refs, but the arp look a like isn't. Good job arp

thanks buddy, I try to hold it together under any situation and insist that all of my dopplegangers do the same.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So Adrian's team is in the Founders Cup..Its a GTHL tournament where teams that got knocked out of the playoffs play ....So 7 teams in the Round Robin, 6 of those teams move on to the playoff round. Well after 5 games we were 0-2-3...All close games..We end up winning the last game against the number one team 2-1..

It looks like we are almost a lock to get in, with 2 games left yesterday. A miracolous result had to happen for us to get elimiated, with one of the games ending in a tie, and the other one the underdog pulling an upset...Well that scenario happens, it creates a 4 team tie..The complicated tie breaking scenarios come into play..We have to go down to the 3rd tiebreaker and we managed to get through based on a GFA(goals for Average)

Our GFA of .4865 was slightly better than the Toronto Eagles .4444

So now we are in the playoff round facing the Markham Islanders at Victoria Village arena tomorrow night..Ironically the area where i grew up as a kid.

As an added incentive to beat this team...PK Subban played for the Markham Islanders the year Adrian was born.

So now we are in the playoff round facing the Markham Islanders at Victoria Village arena tomorrow night..Ironically the area where i grew up as a kid.

Victoria Village? Just up the street from my office. I have someone seeing me at 6 pm. What time is the game?

Victoria Village? Just up the street from my office. I have someone seeing me at 6 pm. What time is the game?

630 puck drop. You should come. It could be Adrians last game a Pickering Panther.

Season. Pickering career. All over

Tough 2-1 loss to end season. Very proud of Adrian he stood on his head. Difference was a very rare mistake by our best dman(girl). Had control of puck with 10 seconds to go in second and gave it away for a breakaway and a goal with 3 seconds left.

She was devastated. But she was our best dman all year, she shouldn't be upset.

Good year. Good kids. We will miss them all

• Like 1

Interesing tidbit..Lot of the organizations charge half price for goalies in Nevada...Good stuff.

So to switch countries in minor hockey isnt as simple as picking up an leaving apparently.

We have been advised that Adrian needs a release from Hockey Canada , before he can register in the States. Hopefully its not a long drawn out process.

I am sure it wont be too hard, but just an extra step we have to go through.

So to switch countries in minor hockey isnt as simple as picking up an leaving apparently.

We have been advised that Adrian needs a release from Hockey Canada , before he can register in the States. Hopefully its not a long drawn out process.

Up to you, but you should be willing to fight them if necessary. Those releases USED TO (not sure at all if they still do) contain a clause that prohibits playing in international competition (i.e. Canada).

Up to you, but you should be willing to fight them if necessary. Those releases USED TO (not sure at all if they still do) contain a clause that prohibits playing in international competition (i.e. Canada).

Thats interesting..

I dont get what the big deal is to be honest..he is 10 years old.

Some numbers I found out:

Canada has 721,504 registered hockey players..

USA has 519,417 players

Thats pretty interesting , but not too surprising. While the country is 10 times more population, I would think most of those come from a small portion of the states.

Not a country out there, that is close. Czech Republic has 110000.Russia has 84000

Armenia has 578 registered players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ice_hockey_countries

This is batshit crazy. How can an organization control the recreational life of a ****ing 10 year old?

I m still trying to figure it out. The IIHF says that you have to be registered with one country to play..You have to ask for permission and release from the other countries..This makes sense for a kid that is superstar and looking to switch, but why for 10 year olds..They are all being treated the same from my understanding..I have a few emails i sent, see what happens..

Its not a big deal, obviously he will get the release but its a headache.

I have heard though GTHL teams have been recruiting kids as young as 12 from the US to come and play for their organization..

The GTHL is an organization that I would never have my kid play for, after some of the things I have seen.

There is some jurisdictions in the GTA that wont release players....

Big game for the Port Credit Storm atom team today. Win today, they play for gold tomorrow!

Good luck coach...I know you are more Babcock than Horachek and you will lead your team to victory.

Bring home the gold.

• Like 1

Good luck coach...I know you are more Babcock than Horachek and you will lead your team to victory.

Bring home the gold.

KIds pulled it out. 3-o. They were decent in the first, awful in the second, and played like champs in the third. Hope we bring that third period team to the gold medal game tomorrow.
  • Like 2

KIds pulled it out. 3-o. They were decent in the first, awful in the second, and played like champs in the third. Hope we bring that third period team to the gold medal game tomorrow.

that's great, winning is fun

I'm also coaching tomorrow. In a less competitive setting. Kids vs parents game. Since I don't skate well I'll be coaching the kids team.

No defence. All out attack will be employed.

• Like 1

Lost 1-0 in a thriller of a game. Their goal was a fluke, attempt to dump it in the corner, over the goalies head, hit the crossbar on the way down off the goalies back and in. We had a chance to tie it up on a penalty shot but no luck. Great game. We play it five times, we get five different outcomes, it was that close. Very proud of the kids, they played their hearts out.

Went to watch Otto's friend (who is 17 and 6'5" and 280 lbs) play Single A hockey. I brought my 2 girls with me too and we left early.

The reason why?

Even though there was no bodychecking, kids were laying other opposing players out with huge hits. Parents became irate and were yelling/swearing/screaming.

The hockey at that age and level was violent to say the least. When Otto played last year in Houseleague, it was more flow and way better hockey.

Went to watch Otto's friend (who is 17 and 6'5" and 280 lbs) play Single A hockey. I brought my 2 girls with me too and we left early.

The reason why?

Even though there was no bodychecking, kids were laying other opposing players out with huge hits. Parents became irate and were yelling/swearing/screaming.

The hockey at that age and level was violent to say the least. When Otto played last year in Houseleague, it was more flow and way better hockey.

I have heard this from people...More so in AA and AAA with 16 year olds..All these kids want to do is just kill each other...Its all about impressing the girls..