Recreation Hockey League

Women belong in the Toronto transit or clash of crabs thread

Ask Zach , what percentage of subways riders are women...What percentage of drivers are women..And what percentage of bike riders of women.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

No because they often mix the whites and darks. Next thing you know you have pink underwear and things get confusing. Laundry room is a guy's room.

OH, AND YOU DON'T WANT THE WHITES AND DARKS MIXING????? YOU RACIST BASTARD. (*disclaimer: 100000% joking)

Ask Zach , what percentage of subways riders are women...What percentage of drivers are women..And what percentage of bike riders of women.

Women are the majority on transit.

Minority on bikes here, but in countries with proper infrastructure it's more balanced.

Here's an article about woman on transit from last week: http://www.citylab.c...to-them/385012/

I think its different in the US..In the US the downtowns are different..Poorer people tend to live downtown, maybe more single moms...

That could be why the numbers..Toronto is different..the downtown is vibrant and its not ghetto like a lot of places in the States.

I couldn't find any TTC numbers, but I put a request out to Toronto's resident transit expert, Steve Munro.

I don't know if you're wrong in your assessment, but I think you're overlooking the poor neighbourhoods in Toronto (of which there are many) and many of transit users in those areas are women, especially single mothers, who have to get all over town to run errands, work, groceries, get the kids to school, etc.

We'll see if the data exists, though.

The article I linked focused on Philadelphia, not exactly a down and out city, either.

I was in Philly twice and I was scared in some downtown areas...Its really bad..Unless they revamped in the last 5 years..

What? That I disagree with. Chicago? DC? SF? NYC? Dallas? San Diego? Etc etc. those are not ghettos. Detroit yes. Not any of the major cities though.

Chicago - Magnificent Mile

NYC - Times Square

DC - Georgetown

SF - Fishermans Wharf

Dallas - don't know

San Diego - don't know

All excellent places to visit. Now stop slagging Detroit. We love going there. Might head over to watch the Raptors in March.

So Adrian had a huge game scheduled for Sunday..Against Belleville at home, winner gets a better ranking in the next round, plays a weaker opponent..

The Belleville Bulls decided they didnt want to come to Pickering as the weather was too dangerous..It was snowing but it wasnt that bad..

So now the game is 7pm on Wednesday..So instead of a slow drive on Sunday, they have to travel close to hour and 15 minutes(probably more with traffic) on a school night...

So they would probably leave Belleville at 4pm , and wouldnt get home until 10..

The whole parent group annoys me as they are cowbell people...Lets shove them up there you know where.

Lets beat these Bulls...

I did 4 girl minor hockey games this morning. One play this fan is just giving me shiit all game banging on the glass and yelling obscene things at me. A girl gets decked during one play, and I give the girl a body checking penalty. Fan starts cheering that the decked girl is hurt. She was fine but still fan cheering, I kicked him out of the arena. Everybody started cheering when he left.

Moral of the story; some parents are idiots

• Like 1

That's awesome Dan. I wish more refs did that. The refs have the power to kick parents out of arenas. Most don't do it. Great job buddy

This is exciting..Las Vegas Jr Wranglers went to a huge tourney in Quebec. I contacted the leauge President couple of days ago, they said they are in need of a goalie for Squirt for next year, which is Adrian's age group..

The tryouts are in May however, but there is a chance Adrian can play. The coach is going to contact us..Only 50 kids playing hockey in Las Vegas at that age group apparently...Dont know the exact number but if I was to estimate, in the GTA area from House League to AAA, there might me 10000 to 15000 kids playing hockey in the 2005 age group.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2015/feb/10/youth-hockey-team-las-vegas/

Hockey season officially over...Still have a tourney and exhibition games.

The boys played an amazing series against Clarington..It was a first to 6 pts series..Sort of like a best of 5, but ties after a 10 minute OT..

Clarington 3 Pickering 1

Clarington 3 Pickering 2 OT

Pickering 2 Clarington 2 after 10 minute OT

Pickering 4 Clarington 3

Clarington 2 Pickering 1 OT

One of the most exciting series of hockey you will ever see..Much more exciting than my Leafs. Adrian was phenomenal and made us very proud.

• Like 1

Very exciting stuff..Just had a half hour conversation with Adrian's new coach in Las Vegas.

The guys is awesome..He is a guy that bounced around the minors from Michigan and moved out there 14 years ago..

He is already holding a spot for Adrian, even though the tryouts are in May...He is best buddies with Pokey Reddick who lives in Vegas now, Stanley Cup winning Goalie.

Adrian would get coaching from him.

He was at the recent NHL party for the ticket drive and is also involved in trying to get the NHL to Vegas.

Are you guys playing in the bell capital cup next year

Hey maybe I'll convince team. Maybe a rich poker player can sponsor us