Official 2010 Off Season Thread

Bob McK tweeting....To Chi: 24th pick, 54th, Reasoner, MorinTo Atl: Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager, Aliu
Eklund got this one first and went 3 for 3 yesterday....scary....maybe this means its the Leafs turn to win the cup.
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob McK tweeting....To Chi: 24th pick, 54th, Reasoner, MorinTo Atl: Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager, Aliu
Excellent trade for Atlanta imo.
Maybe they're over the max 50 contracts or something.
I never knew such a thing existed. Makes sense, but its just something I never thought or came across in all the time I followed hockey. And thats A LOT of time! :club:
Excellent trade for Atlanta imo.
Thats interesting. The first impression on HF (which is worth little to me) seemed to be that Chicago made off like a bandit.Im not sure where I sit on this one, which makes me think both teams did very well.
Thats interesting. The first impression on HF (which is worth little to me) seemed to be that Chicago made off like a bandit.Im not sure where I sit on this one, which makes me think both teams did very well.
Both teams did do well.
I never knew such a thing existed. Makes sense, but its just something I never thought or came across in all the time I followed hockey. And thats A LOT of time! :club:
The Flyers had the problem a year or two ago.
The Flyers had the problem a year or two ago.
OK, well now Im beginning to think I dont know much at all. Thanks!Good news Adam, our boy is being shipped off:To SJ: Sterling, Vernace, 7th rndrTo ATL: Future Considerationsthere go the contracts. Wonder if Sterling has any shot to crack SJ's lineup in the fall?

Very good trade from what I see...And thanks a lot Atlanta...If you sign Afinogenov , now i have yet another Thrasher...If Buffy somehow moves back to D, still doesnt help as i have Bogosian..

SJ resigns Pavelski+Marleau. Very nice on their part (dont know the $/terms), but I like Pavelski, and I dont think its a good idea to just let Marleau walk. For their sake, hope they didnt overpay.To be honest, I thought Marleau was a goner.

SJ resigns Pavelski+Marleau. Very nice on their part (dont know the $/terms), but I like Pavelski, and I dont think its a good idea to just let Marleau walk. For their sake, hope they didnt overpay.To be honest, I thought Marleau was a goner.
Good to hear that about Marleau. He will be a nice addition to the Fearsome Beavers.

I had only one pick in the NGFHL draft last night...it happened to be the last pick in the 4th round.I ended up with Brock Nelson..US kid from Minnesota..He is projected to go late first round, and scored a ton of goals in High School..

I had only one pick in the NGFHL draft last night...it happened to be the last pick in the 4th round.I ended up with Brock Nelson..US kid from Minnesota..He is projected to go late first round, and scored a ton of goals in High School..
Good pick; probably will go middle second round but stronger than that for fantasy purposes.

To the AHL guys:In the new pool we did the entry draft yesterday, BEFORE the NHL draft..It adds a new twist and angle to the draft...You dont know what team your players is going to, and makes it a lot more exciting..Arguments for both sides though..But this will add some excitement for me to see what team Brock Nelson ends up with..

To the AHL guys:In the new pool we did the entry draft yesterday, BEFORE the NHL draft..It adds a new twist and angle to the draft...You dont know what team your players is going to, and makes it a lot more exciting..Arguments for both sides though..But this will add some excitement for me to see what team Brock Nelson ends up with..
I like having our draft after the NHL draft.
I like the idea; it forces you to do your homework better / don't get tipped off by players falling in the draft / more immediate feedback on your choices.

So...rumour is Bernier for Ballard AND the 23rd overall pick.Does that seem crazy to anyone else? I know Bernier is a *hushed silence* power forward...but he also kind of sucks. Ballard is signed through 2014/15 (he'll be ~32) at $4.2M/per. High, but why give him that kind of contract if he is going to have a decent year, then have negative value?

So...rumour is Bernier for Ballard AND the 23rd overall pick.Does that seem crazy to anyone else? I know Bernier is a *hushed silence* power forward...but he also kind of sucks. Ballard is signed through 2014/15 (he'll be ~32) at $4.2M/per. High, but why give him that kind of contract if he is going to have a decent year, then have negative value?
I thought it was Bernier & the first for Ballard.edit: yup: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd..._medium=twitter
I agree, I thought it was a steal for Vancouver. Im a fan of Ballards all around game, I consider him underrated.edit: ooooo, Florida gets Grabner too. Oreskovich goes to Van.my AHL GM-hat is on, and Im wondering if Im happy to see Grabner move to Fla. Maybe more opportunity?