What's Your Jersey Number?

Im looking to possibly select a new number for my ice hockey team. The team is changing jerseys this summer, and we are going from Habs white, to Leafs blue. (I swear its true, I couldnt make this crap up)When I joined this team 2yrs ago, a lot of my usual numbers were taken. (81,27,87,71,44)I went with 28. (date my son was born)Now, Im gonna have Tie Domi's number if I dont change, and I just cant do that. Already taken: 6,7,11,13,14,16,22,23,27,35,40,81,83,87,91,99so, based on whats taken above, what should I choose? Im leaning towards the following, but willing to consider any suggestions, especially if its the right Leaf player....9-Lanny10-Anderson21-Salming71- My usual ball hky number44- My number when I played DI was gonna post the question in the Leafs thread, but thought this might be fun to see what numbers others picked,so....what's your number and why?

I wore 4 for my entire career (i played my first year of junior as a defenseman). In a leaf jersey, that would make you Red Kelly...... I believe he was Armenian too....

Im looking to possibly select a new number for my ice hockey team. The team is changing jerseys this summer, and we are going from Habs white, to Leafs blue. (I swear its true, I couldnt make this crap up)When I joined this team 2yrs ago, a lot of my usual numbers were taken. (81,27,87,71,44)I went with 28. (date my son was born)Now, Im gonna have Tie Domi's number if I dont change, and I just cant do that. Already taken: 6,7,11,13,14,16,22,23,27,35,40,81,83,87,91,99so, based on whats taken above, what should I choose? Im leaning towards the following, but willing to consider any suggestions, especially if its the right Leaf player....9-Lanny10-Anderson21-Salming71- My usual ball hky number44- My number when I played DI was gonna post the question in the Leafs thread, but thought this might be fun to see what numbers others picked,so....what's your number and why?
AWESOME that you are changing your colours..I would quit a team that made me wear Habs red..My number has always been 22...From the numbers you listed 44 and 71 are hot dog numbers...If you like to be respected I wouldnt wear those..10 is an aweseome number as well as 21...

Woah, I was always 21 too. My birthday is the 21st.You want a number that is hard to confuse with other numbers, so the scorer can't award your points to someone else. 00 is a good one! Any doubles usually work.I was always 4 or 14. I played at low levels where the jersey numbers were based on size. 1-5 would be small, 6-10 medium, etc. Sometimes it would go the opposite, and I'd end up with 14. I was small...didn't have much choice!The correct choice is 17 or 93 though, depending on your playing style.

AWESOME that you are changing your colours..I would quit a team that made me wear Habs red..My number has always been 22...From the numbers you listed 44 and 71 are hot dog numbers...If you like to be respected I wouldnt wear those..10 is an aweseome number as well as 21...
Crap...we have something in common. (As referenced in my avatar)I'm not too happy with your disrespect of 44 (Free Candy) and 71 (Geno) though. Hopefully they're reading this and make your team pay on Sunday.I'd have to suggest you go with #10 but only in honor of Ron Francis.luatque_francis.jpg33-96716-F.jpgnhl_ap_francis_580.jpg6l4bl6x.png
Crap...we have something in common. (As referenced in my avatar)I'm not too happy with your disrespect of 44 (Free Candy) and 71 (Geno) though. Hopefully they're reading this and make your team pay on Sunday.I'd have to suggest you go with #10 but only in honor of Ron Francis.6l4bl6x.png
#44 on the Penguins to me is always Mr Hot Dog Rob Brown..One of the biggest hot dogs in NHL history.
Crap...we have something in common. (As referenced in my avatar)I'm not too happy with your disrespect of 44 (Free Candy) and 71 (Geno) though. Hopefully they're reading this and make your team pay on Sunday.I'd have to suggest you go with #10 but only in honor of Ron Francis.6l4bl6x.png
Oh, helllzzz ya.... with your whaler affiliation, 10 would seem a no brainer.... well played sir...
#44 on the Penguins to me is always Mr Hot Dog Rob Brown..One of the biggest hot dogs in NHL history.
Haha ya ur probably right. That doesn't make it less awesome.
- the best instance of his signature goal celebration but was still interrupted.
- Ron Hextall didn't like him too much either.
I wore 4 for my entire career (i played my first year of junior as a defenseman). In a leaf jersey, that would make you Red Kelly...... I believe he was Armenian too....
I wore 44 because 4 was taken.That, and cause I was dirty-ish like Pronger, so seemed to fit. (he wore 44 with Whalers)Serge, I like hotdog numbers. Even moreso when I can back it up. :club: Dev, I totally forgot the Leafs-Francis connection. I seriously block that time out. well done.Ok, I was really leaning towards 71, but 10 might have it now....interesting list of Leafs who wore #10- Syl Apps, George Armstrong, John Anderson, Glenn Anderson, Peter Bellefeuille, Bill Berg, Vince Damphousse, George Ferguson, Ron Francis, Aaron Gavey, Butch Keeling, Ted Kennedy, Don Metz, Zdenek Nedved, Eric Pettinger, Joe Primeau, Marian Stasny, Alexander Steen, Garry ValkMarian Stastny baby! Suprised I forgot Damphousse, loved the Andersons.
Oh, helllzzz ya.... with your whaler affiliation, 10 would seem a no brainer.... well played sir...
This is exactly what I was going to say before I scrolled down to see that someone beat me to it. #10 is the obvious choice.
19 all day long. Born Oct 19th, and some of my all-time favourites have worn it. Yzerman and Sakic specifically :club:
Tom Fergus
You spelled illiterate wrong.....
of course i did..Thats why i play on a higher level than you... :club:
of course i did..Thats why i play on a higher level than you... :club:
LOL.... oh, noooo...... not the world famous Grade 6 'I meant to do that' excuse??????? :ts
LOL.... oh, noooo...... not the world famous Grade 6 'I meant to do that' excuse??????? :club:
but i do it all the time...It all started with genious...I misspell words on purpose...thats my "thing"
Bill Berg?
GARRY VALK.True story:At Northern High School (in Toronto, about 3000 kids) in the late 90's, some kids decided to start a "vote for Rory" type campaign for Valk. The difference? It was for student class president. I have heard conflicting stories, but apparently he received more votes than any candidate. Since he...wasn't a student, an official tally was never released.Apparently only a couple hundred votes were counted, since such a huge majority of the votes were considered invalid.Awesomes.