first hand of the final table Poker Stars $4.00+$0.40 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t600/t1200 Blinds + t125 - 9 players - View hand 593309The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP1: t40559 M = 13.87MP2: t17669 M = 6.04CO: t43119 M = 14.74BTN: t9863 M = 3.37SB: t41803 M = 14.29Hero (BB): t46177 M = 15.79UTG: t25483 M = 8.71UTG+1: t23672 M = 8.09UTG+2: t21655 M = 7.40Pre Flop: (t2925) Hero is BB with T :3h K :5c7 folds, SB raises to t2978, Hero calls t1778Flop: (t7081) 6 :4h K :qh 6 :club:(2 players)SB bets t3014, Hero calls t3014Turn: (t13109) T :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t6000, SB calls t6000River: (t25109) 8 :jh(2 players)SB bets t14983 ????

Ummm...i think we could jam here. We have top 2, villain is gonna to have Kx here a lot of the time and I think its just unlucky if he has a 6...but yeah....i'd prolly get it in

Ummm...i think we could jam here. We have top 2, villain is gonna to have Kx here a lot of the time and I think its just unlucky if he has a 6...but yeah....i'd prolly get it in
Really? Does the c/c on the turn mean that he can't have us beat?I would probably just smooth call in case villain has us beat here.

It's either a call or push, but personally I'd lean towards the call: If we win, we have a massive lead and if we lose, we're still 7/9 at 19k chips. A push results in either having a slightly larger massive lead (or the same, if the guy unbelievably decides to fold) or being the short stack at the table.

Really? Does the c/c on the turn mean that he can't have us beat?I would probably just smooth call in case villain has us beat here.
Like, I hate making tourney reads, but this is a 4.40 and people are gonig to show up with a lot of random hands a lot. Yes, some of those combos have a 6 in them, but a ton have Kx, as well as air. I think we turn a profit enough by shoving here. Now yes, flatting is still fin, but i think we lose some value from that...again, i think both are fine, but I like shoving a little more
Like, I hate making tourney reads, but this is a 4.40 and people are gonig to show up with a lot of random hands a lot. Yes, some of those combos have a 6 in them, but a ton have Kx, as well as air. I think we turn a profit enough by shoving here. Now yes, flatting is still fin, but i think we lose some value from that...again, i think both are fine, but I like shoving a little more
I think most villains would check call on the river with a king. I mean why would they lead and be exposed to a raise on the river?EDIT:also if he checks a king on the turn for pot control why would he lead the river.
I think most villains would check call on the river with a king. I mean why would they lead and be exposed to a raise on the river?EDIT:also if he checks a king on the turn for pot control why would he lead the river.
Semi competent players yes...but some rando 4.40, i don't think. I think he was "trapping" you a lot of the time. As well I think he can do this with air, I dunno, bvb and top 2...i'd be hard pressed not to keep raising
Semi competent players yes...but some rando 4.40, i don't think. I think he was "trapping" you a lot of the time. As well I think he can do this with air, I dunno, bvb and top 2...i'd be hard pressed not to keep raising
I agree. The preflop bet definitely looks like a steal attempt. Do you have a read on him? Has he been position betting a lot of hands? Is he loose and aggressive or tight. Has he been overbetting a lot of pots? I think all of this is VERY important. Also, how big was the field? In a $4 tourney you are going to come across a lot of bad play but typically the better players tend to find their way to the final table. Occasionally a hyper aggressive donk will hit lightning and build a massive stack but they usually don't get this far in a big tourney unless they know what they're doing. I would want to have a read on this guy otherwise I may not get too involved in the hand. K10 is definitely good enough to call with HU, but once he keeps pushing its tough because he is one of two players that have stacks big enough to cripple you. However, if you decided to get this far in the hand, do you now give him credit for a real hand? What is his range here? He could have been simply position betting w/garbage and happened to have a six in his hand but I doubt that. He's probably going to trap if that is the case. What if he had a very big hand preflop, what would be his range there? AK is possible, maybe KQ or KJ. One of the things I see a lot in these micro tourneys is guys bluffing the river when they miss their draw. I think QJ is a real possibility. I think you have to say a little prayer right before you put the rest of your chips in the middle.

wow very thin, what do you know about him? and what do we have left if we just call? i dont wanna do the math. thin call imo, i dont wanna go broke here but i have a hard time folding although we are beat a decent amount. hero call and pray naked K

88 is a possibility, no? Regrettably calls the turn with 2 overs and hits the jackpot on the river? I'd call regardless but isap.
I was thinking that during the hand, but i believe assigning a specific hand to villain without a read is kinda bad.I prefer to think in terms of ranges.
I was thinking that during the hand, but i believe assigning a specific hand to villain without a read is kinda bad.I prefer to think in terms of ranges.
Well, his range is awfully tight here to dismiss considering specific hands.I think his range here is 88 and K8, with a bit of 6x, KK and Ak/KQ sprinkled in.

Villain turns up with a better kicker than you plenty of times. His 2.5 open is relatively standard for a stronger hand than, say, a 3x open, imo. Calling here with 2 gap Broadways is not very good. I think it's a fold or, if you read him as a stealer, then repop to about 7K.Villain could easily have AA/KK/AK/KQ/KJ. A random lower pair 88-QQ could be in the picture but I bet it'll cost some chips to find out the truth.Overall, fold PF imo

Villain turns up with a better kicker than you plenty of times. His 2.5 open is relatively standard for a stronger hand than, say, a 3x open, imo. Calling here with 2 gap Broadways is not very good. I think it's a fold or, if you read him as a stealer, then repop to about 7K.Villain could easily have AA/KK/AK/KQ/KJ. A random lower pair 88-QQ could be in the picture but I bet it'll cost some chips to find out the truth.Overall, fold PF imo
It's a blind versus blind hand, so I think calling here is alright given the stack sizes. We have top 2 pair here, so he can't have a better kicker. I agree that in some cases this is AA/KK, but I don't think they necessarily play those hands this way. We beat AK, KQ, KJ.I don't know, like trueace said, blind versus blind in a 4.40, I'm probably jamming. I just think you get shown weaker hands far too often then the times he shows up with AA or fullhouses.
It's a blind versus blind hand, so I think calling here is alright given the stack sizes. We have top 2 pair here, so he can't have a better kicker. I agree that in some cases this is AA/KK, but I don't think they necessarily play those hands this way. We beat AK, KQ, KJ.I don't know, like trueace said, blind versus blind in a 4.40, I'm probably jamming. I just think you get shown weaker hands far too often then the times he shows up with AA or fullhouses.
I see your points. I was focusing on preflop and the flop. It's just fortunate Nuttz hit a T on the turn so, yeah, y'all are spot on about the villain's kicker not factoring in...My bad.As played, I think you gotta call.

I think he has a 6. Why would he check the turn then bet out the river? It's played like he wants the action, but did it stupidly and gave it away that he basically has it. I get top two is hard to fold, but just read the damn villain. He has trips.Fold.

I think he has a 6. Why would he check the turn then bet out the river? It's played like he wants the action, but did it stupidly and gave it away that he basically has it. I get top two is hard to fold, but just read the damn villain. He has trips.Fold.
You have to be joking.
You have to be joking.
Seriously, look at it. SB has basically everything in his range pre + it was a min raise nearly. That makes me think it was marginal cards, it usually is when it's a sort of min raise pre. 95% of time it is. (Remember this is only a $4 180, donkeys love playing these micros) He bets out the flop, okay, so he's got a Kx or 6x, or he's just cbetting. C/c turn? No way he's got a flush draw. Then he bets out the river. You have to have a strong K or a really good two pair to bet that out like that in a donkeys mind, and remind you, he probably doesnt have KJ+. Its more like he has 6x here. I'm folding, and call me whatever you want to call me, but I think its the right play.Honestly now, that deserves a 3bet pre to knock the SB off whatever the hell he has. You've definitely got enough in the stack to 3bet and if he calls know you're in deep water going in and need a big flop.

Fine, if you think he's that strong, then just call instead of shove. That's where the debate in this hand was anyway. You have freaking top two pair on a dry board bvb. Folding cannot enter your mind. There is no way this guy has you beat 70% of the time, which is what it'd have to be for folding to be correct.Edit: Oh and it wasnt a minraise, that is a very standard raise amount in late MTT stages. Its 2.5x.

I know its standard, but its also bvb. The ranges open up like hell, and in spots like these you need to read the opponent for the hand he has laid out, forget the odds and just fold. Top two is a great hand, but the hand played out like it has, you've lost the min and I'm not putting in that much of my stack just to see him level me with his trips.You can if you want. I've been in way too many of those types of situations bvb late or early in tournaments.