Where Is Everyone?

Wow, some strat kids left to do their own thing. I guess I fail to see the value most of them had to the forum in general, outside of strat. I mean really, who comes here for serious strat talk? Aren't there better avenues for that? You do have to enjoy their self importance what with the quitting threads, etc. Those were fun.Cliff notes on 4bb: meh

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, some strat kids left to do their own thing. I guess I fail to see the value most of them had to the forum in general, outside of strat. I mean really, who comes here for serious strat talk? Aren't there better avenues for that? You do have to enjoy their self importance what with the quitting threads, etc. Those were fun.Cliff notes on 4bb: meh
I think someone had their application rejected ^^^
I think someone had their application rejected ^^^
LOL.It's not that transparent, is it?Cool thing about only being here for a year.....no one left IMO. I just hear about them, much like moses in the bible, etc.
Wow, some strat kids left to do their own thing. I guess I fail to see the value most of them had to the forum in general, outside of strat.
Obviously I'm biased, but uh, challenge thread. Such good value imo.Mark
I don't think you have an unbiased opinion!!!LOL at them not having value btw
I don't think you have an unbiased opinion!!!LOL at them not having value btw
What he's saying is he doesnt see what value they added to the poker forum besides the poker strategy they talked about so they went and made a real poker forum to talk about it. Good riddence amiritewaithuhalso it seems really childish to apply to a site, get rejected, and then have your opinion change 180 degrees on it. I understand being bitter but you obviously applied bc you thought it would be a great place to grow and learn.
What he's saying is he doesnt see what value they added to the poker forum besides the poker strategy they talked about so they went and made a real poker forum to talk about it. Good riddence amiritewaithuh
Some of us don't come here exclusively for poker strategy discussion, that's what my post was getting at.Obviously the responses to my post are from people who post in strat.Different strokes for different folks. Maybe I don't 'miss' their presence because I didn't really interact with them? Like I said, meh.I meant outside of poker strat, they aren't really missed. Is that incorrect?edit: I never tried to participate in any strat discussions here, so I'm unsure why you think I was so into 'getting in' there. lol 'grow and learn'. I was going to check out the forum, had to fill out an app, unsurprisingly it got rejected and that was that. That was awhile ago, wasn't it?Either way, my position doesn't change. Maybe if I knew more about 4bb then I could respond better, but I don't so I can't.
Some of us don't come here exclusively for poker strategy discussion, that's what my post was getting at.Obviously the responses to my post are from people who post in strat.Different strokes for different folks. Maybe I don't 'miss' their presence because I didn't really interact with them? Like I said, meh.I meant outside of poker strat, they aren't really missed. Is that incorrect?
They arent missed because all of the people who enjoyed their non poker talk are engaging in the same thing on the other site. You're making it come off like they aren't likeable people and no one really enjoyed them outside of their poker start posts which isn't the case. The challenge thread is basically a huge bored at work + strat thread which takes place on a different site now.edit:. lol 'grow and learn'. I was going to check out the forum, had to fill out an app, unsurprisingly it got rejected and that was that. That was awhile ago, wasn't it? I'm reading an email that includes you talking about growing and learning as well as acting REALLY suprised.
They arent missed because all of the people who enjoyed their non poker talk are engaging in the same thing on the other site. You're making it come off like they aren't likeable people and no one really enjoyed them outside of their poker start posts which isn't the case. The challenge thread is basically a huge bored at work + strat thread which takes place on a different site now.
Then you're reading it wrong. I don't even know who posts there or went there or anything. Steve asked why this place went downhill, I stated an opinion. Again, I couldn't name 5 people who post there or here or post there now and not here anymore or anything like that.I have no malice towards any of them, because I have no idea who they are. I was simply speculating why steve thinks this place has gone downhill. Simple as that. Sorry if I came off different.
dont worry jeepster i was rejected also.. their loss wanna cyber and use our tears as lube ?
I probably would have been rejected also. Somehow I squeaked in and joined before it was made private.
I probably would have been rejected also. Somehow I squeaked in and joined before it was made private.
Apparently, I'm pretty upset by it, and I'm out of masturbating tears.I'm sure the 4bb crowd will be here shortly. Sorry again fellas, whoever you are.Loosh, it's hard to follow when you keep editing your posts instead of making new ones. The 4bb guys can post my application, I don't really care. Obviously filling out an application to a poker forum is going to involve more than, "Can I get a password?", and I'm going to tell them what they want to hear. If you think it was a big deal, I would like you to address why I have never made any strat posts or had any strat discussions or anything like that. Obviously, if I were active in the strat stuff here, your argument is valid and I look like a hypocrite, but I guess I don't see that.I was also fairly sure that it would get rejected as soon as they saw Jeepster. I mean really, look at my pokerstars results Jeepster420. What ******* would want me in a strat discussion?

It's true, people take this whole 4BB thing as like a "skulls" type thing. I applied.....sort of. I never heard back. ....and then i kept on living my life.That's the point of the site though. It's not filtering for the sake of being "cool". What makes it something a cut above is the fact that this filtration system exists. Prolly a very good decision by whoever started it up for the betterment of their games and those that are in there.If you feel you are a good enough, post some hands in strat, just deal with the level 0-1 responses, and then lay some level 2+ on the crowd yourself(s). That will start to get other people's brains flickering that way too perhaps.

Apparently, I'm pretty upset by it, and I'm out of masturbating tears.I'm sure the 4bb crowd will be here shortly. Sorry again fellas, whoever you are.
LOL. A lot of them already have been here since the beginning of this thread. I joined there because I was member #8. How could I pass that up?
LOL. A lot of them already have been here since the beginning of this thread. I joined there because I was member #8. How could I pass that up?
With 20 people here right now, I'm sure you're right.edit: 5 oclock, happy hour time

My perception of 4BB is that it's a bunch of people talking poker strategy who think they're really awesome, but really are just mostly annoying, except possibly a few people.Of course, I don't even know who the members are, so take what I said with the appropriate amount of salt.But if there's an off topic section there, I might...well, no, I'm still not going to apply, but I'll pretend that I considered it.

My perception of 4BB is that it's a bunch of people talking poker strategy who think they're really awesome, but really are just mostly annoying, except possibly a few people.
There are objective statistics available1 which show that when it comes to poker, they are indeed awesome as a group. I don't know of any corresponding statistics about annoyingness though.1by available, I mean hidden in a private forum
My perception of 4BB is that it's a bunch of people talking poker strategy who think they're really awesome, but really are just mostly annoying, except possibly a few people.Of course, I don't even know who the members are, so take what I said with the appropriate amount of salt.But if there's an off topic section there, I might...well, no, I'm still not going to apply, but I'll pretend that I considered it.
The annoying ones are just me and Gallo. Sorry to disappoint.
I was also fairly sure that it would get rejected as soon as they saw Jeepster. I mean really, look at my pokerstars results Jeepster420. What ******* would want me in a strat discussion?
Nah its probably because you come off as a douche.