Offical Olympic Curling Thread..

The gold medal game was so, so good. It's why I love curling, it all came down to one shot.. Canada makes it, they are champions, they miss and they aren't.. so much pressure.. I loved it. Distilled pure sports.
I'm not an expert, but I think that was one of the worst-played major competition matches I have ever seen. Thankfully it was still good enough to be exciting, but I don't think I've ever watched a match where the shot selection and shotmaking was so poor throughout the match. The last couple ends were particularly bad.I'm really disappointed with the loss. Norberg is great, but the Canadians are far better. They weren't at their best all week. The last shot should've been an easy double. If anything, go for the double, and roll out if necessary to keep the hammer in another end. Bah.Sorry, I missed the point of your post. Championship curling really is a fantastic spectator sport. Distilled is a great way to put it.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gold medal game was so, so good. It's why I love curling, it all came down to one shot.. Canada makes it, they are champions, they miss and they aren't.. so much pressure.. I loved it. Distilled pure sports.
Agreed
Sorry, I missed the point of your post. Championship curling really is a fantastic spectator sport. Distilled is a great way to put it.
'Yeah, I don't know enough to understand the finer points of strat and shot making, I was just talking about it on pure entertainment level.
I'm not sure if it's the same Colleen Jones from Canada, but if it is. She is one of the best curlers that Canada has ever had. I think she won the Scotties like 4 times in a row, which is a record.
Yes it's the same Colleen Jones, and Don Duguid is an (old) championship curler from Canada as well. He's easily the most well known curler from back in the day.

Tim Horton's Brier starts today! Weeeeeeeee. Favourites are probably Team Ontario (Howard), and the other contenders are Gushue (NL), Koe (Alberta), and Stoughton (Manitoba). I'm really rooting for Stoughton to win this. I put a silly $5 parlay on the first draw at 2pm. Team Manitoba to WIN vs Team BCTeam NL to WIN vs Team NWT/YKTeam Alberta to WIN vs Team North Ontario

Gushue's lead, Jamie Korab is sportin the mohawk. I want to root for him too now. I hope Stoughton really wins tho.

I want him to win so bad. Watch this video, coolest dude ever. Nicest guy too.
Tim Horton's Brier starts today! Weeeeeeeee. Favourites are probably Team Ontario (Howard), and the other contenders are Gushue (NL), Koe (Alberta), and Stoughton (Manitoba). I'm really rooting for Stoughton to win this. I put a silly $5 parlay on the first draw at 2pm. Team Manitoba to WIN vs Team BCTeam NL to WIN vs Team NWT/YKTeam Alberta to WIN vs Team North Ontario
bahahahaha, I won my parlay. That's hilarious

u da man biatch..Let it ride on Andrew Alberts getting a point tonight...I ll give you 200-1...put up $10

I know the match has already started but I put money on Ontario to beat Quebec, a lot of money....One because Ontario is Glenn Howard and the favourite... but my more favourite reason....QUEBEC is a french team with this new guy named...... SERGE!!!! They are cursed

omg the commentating for this is unintentionally the funniest thing ever. "Glenn Howard keeps playing aggresive against this newbie, Serge""What was Serge thinking on that last shot?"OMG THIS IS TOO FUNNY. I got it @ 1.6 too, which is way too high.

yeah. that shot was epic. The Brier is the best curling tournament in the world imo.
This might be ignorant, but from my 'average fan' standpoint, I find the level of curling in the Brier far higher than the Olympics. We're just SO good.
This might be ignorant, but from my 'average fan' standpoint, I find the level of curling in the Brier far higher than the Olympics. We're just SO good.
Yeah Serge made a pretty sick shot in that 2nd end. He missed a bunch of shots though in the 3rd, which gave Howard the double. But yeah, the level of curling in the Brier is a lot higher compared to the worlds. There are maybe two other teams which can compete with any Canadian team, Norway and Scotland. In Canada, there is just so much depth.
I know the match has already started but I put money on Ontario to beat Quebec, a lot of money....One because Ontario is Glenn Howard and the favourite... but my more favourite reason....QUEBEC is a french team with this new guy named...... SERGE!!!! They are cursed
I dont curl..This guy copied my name.

Makin a lot of $$$ this Brier. Taking Ontario against Manitoba tonight. Hopefully they mash em, even though it's my boy Stoughton. Stoughton has been playing well but his team has been shitting the brick lately.