Why would he single out Tyson? He just wouldn't. He didn't have any reason not to go to other alliance members and plant the same seed he planted in Tyson's head. There's so much that goes on that we aren't privy too. It's possible Russell overheard the split voting plan and knew who was going to vote for whom. Then he targeted the players voting for himself to try and get them to change the vote. Who knows. I'm not saying this happened but the episode played really well with what the producers decided to show us. Don't forget, they can edit and tell a completely different story than what actually happens pretty easily. This is hardly 'reality' tv but instead an unscripted drama with parameters and a hard outline. Giving immunity to Parviti was a calculated gambool that shows how in tune he is with the other players. After pulling off this miracle of sorts, flipping Jerri and getting rid of Rob is just superb play.
or , Giving immunity to Parviti was a calculated gambool that showed how off his assesment of the situatuion was... :club:
  • Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/vide...e&play=trueTyson says it was a very close call to making the decision and didn't know what he was doing until the walk to tribal, credits Russell on a bold play. Also, Jerri notes in her vote for Parv two weeks ago that Parvati came to her offering connections on the other side. Russell and Parv tried their best, I think this Tyson thing was the last shot, a hail mary, and it worked. Not dumb luck, not 100%, but still really awesome. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/vide...e&play=trueRussell explains why he gives idol to Parv
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/vide...e&play=trueTyson says it was a very close call to making the decision and didn't know what he was doing until the walk to tribal, credits Russell on a bold play. Also, Jerri notes in her vote for Parv two weeks ago that Parvati came to her offering connections on the other side. Russell and Parv tried their best, I think this Tyson thing was the last shot, a hail mary, and it worked. Not dumb luck, not 100%, but still really awesome. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/vide...e&play=trueRussell explains why he gives idol to Parv
intresting thing about russells video is its shot before tribal council, and he doesnt seem worried at all...he's talking to the camera like there's 2 options, either he gives the idol to parv and saves her and keeps his numbers strong, or he keeps the idol for himself and "parv goes home"...the 3rd option of him going home is not mentioned...after watching that video, i feel more confident that he thought all 6 votes were going to parv...if he was planning on taking a huuuge risk on a crazy play like you guys think he did, wouldnt he be panicked or worried? wouldnt he mention the likely possibility of going home? maybe he does but they chose not to show us that, i dont know, but he just seems so calm and comfrtable in that video, like the possibility of him going home in the T.C. comming up doesnt exist...
intresting thing about russells video is its shot before tribal council, and he doesnt seem worried at all...he's talking to the camera like there's 2 options, either he gives the idol to parv and saves her and keeps his numbers strong, or he keeps the idol for himself and "parv goes home"...the 3rd option of him going home is not mentioned...after watching that video, i feel more confident that he thought all 6 votes were going to parv...if he was planning on taking a huuuge risk on a crazy play like you guys think he did, wouldnt he be panicked or worried? wouldnt he mention the likely possibility of going home? maybe he does but they chose not to show us that, i dont know, but he just seems so calm and comfrtable in that video, like the possibility of him going home in the T.C. comming up doesnt exist...
This video does convince me that there is more of a chance Russell thought they were all voting Parv, but i still think it was more likely otherwise. He does mention possibly going home, just not there. When he first talked to Parvati about giving her the idol, he says 'If it doesn't work, I go home'. I still don't see the logic in the Tyson conversation unless he is trying to get Tyson to swing his vote, though.
Why would he single out Tyson? He just wouldn't. He didn't have any reason not to go to other alliance members and plant the same seed he planted in Tyson's head. There's so much that goes on that we aren't privy too. It's possible Russell overheard the split voting plan and knew who was going to vote for whom. Then he targeted the players voting for himself to try and get them to change the vote. Who knows. I'm not saying this happened but the episode played really well with what the producers decided to show us. Don't forget, they can edit and tell a completely different story than what actually happens pretty easily. This is hardly 'reality' tv but instead an unscripted drama with parameters and a hard outline. Giving immunity to Parviti was a calculated gambool that shows how in tune he is with the other players. After pulling off this miracle of sorts, flipping Jerri and getting rid of Rob is just superb play.
Yes he would. If he talks with everyone, then there is a better chance that they talk to each other and the whole plan is ruined. I'm guessing that we find out at the reunion near the very beginning of the show, since that will still be the biggest turning point of the show. My vote is that Russell just told Tyson.Also, I don't think we need to keep going round and round on this topic. We'll find out what happened at the reunion.

Jeff punk'd them all with the "Please drop your... EXPECTATIONS." I lol'd so hard.

Did I REALLY just hear that preview right? OH. MY. ****ING. GOD.Also, I don't think it was the smartest move to vote out Coach but moves like this have proved to work for Russell before. He completely thinks he can dominate the Heroes tribe too. Best part is; he's right.

Did I REALLY just hear that preview right? OH. MY. ****ING. GOD.Also, I don't think it was the smartest move to vote out Coach but moves like this have proved to work for Russell before. He completely thinks he can dominate the Heroes tribe too. Best part is; he's right.
Wasn't a bad play for Russell to get Coach out because he had to know with that throwaway vote last week for Courtney that Coach didn't really have his back or his trust. And I agree that though it makes them even weaker, they're not winning with Coach anyway.Only problem is........it doesn't look like Russell got rid of him.The voting really confused me tonight. Sandra, Courtney, Danielle (after arguing with Russell about keeping him over Courtney?), and Parvati vote out Coach and Coach, Jerri, and RUSSELL vote for Courtney.Did Russell know they had 4 votes for Coach and maybe didn't want to break a promise to vote against him (especially since he'll be on the jury)?Or did Parvati and Danielle pull a fast one without Russell knowing? I'm starting to worry this all-girl alliance may actually happen. If they lose next week, all the girls could just decide they're sick of Russell. Just real surprised that Russell, Parvati, and Danielle didn't all vote the same. I thought they were the tightest 3 of the Villains.

There's a possibility Russell knew what was up and voted Courtney to have someone on the jury who doesn't hate him (notice he signed the vote and didn't appear at all shocked that Coach went)...however, I don't see how there's any way he could've known that the jury would be starting tonight. It's clear the producers edited a lot of stuff out before the vote b/c there was like a 2 second clip before TC where Danielle asked, "We're cool, right?" So clearly there was more important discussion that wasn't shown.Overall very confused and not sure what to make of the vote.

I'm confused too. There seems to be a lot they are leaving out this season. And yeah, it's final 3 again. I truly think Russell's waiting for the merge. I see him as a guy that really has Jerri on his side now as well. The preview already throws me into next week though too. What JT said... wow.

Russell voting for Courtney could be to keep Jerri in close with him. She could force a tie next tribal if she felt betrayed by Russell and flopped to Sandra/Anorexia. For what JT said, I need to hear more to be convinced. This could all be under a circumstance of 'if we merge today and don't have numbers' or something like that. I think Russell is setting up to get blindsided shortly. I don't like it, but I have that feeling. Of course, the producers have to make it interesting. Maybe he really is solid and they really are picking them off one by one.

Russell = GeniusDid anyone else see the votes? Not only did Russell convince everyone to vote for Coach... He then personally changed his vote to Courtney and SIGNED HIS VOTE WITH HIS INITIALS so Coach would know that he didn't vote for him. That is unreal forward thinking.

Russell = GeniusDid anyone else see the votes? Not only did Russell convince everyone to vote for Coach... He then personally changed his vote to Courtney and SIGNED HIS VOTE WITH HIS INITIALS so Coach would know that he didn't vote for him. That is unreal forward thinking.
This. This is why he's the best. Hands down. If he ends up getting that idol from JT, then there's nothing else to do besides win.

Best part of the episode.... preview for next week. LIKE OMG!!!Depending what happens next week with the whole preview thing, JT needs to be regarded as one of the best players ever to play Survivor.Even though I get what you guys are saying about Russell being smart for putting his initials on the vote out slip, I'm giving Sandra full credit for what she did. Sandra and Courtney are the first ones to BOLT once the tribes merge, not Coach. I don't think I agree with the votes tonight.In Coach's vote out slip he always put a number at the corner of his slip, does anyone know what that is all about?

Best part of the episode.... preview for next week. LIKE OMG!!!Depending what happens next week with the whole preview thing, JT needs to be regarded as one of the best players ever to play Survivor.Even though I get what you guys are saying about Russell being smart for putting his initials on the vote out slip, I'm giving Sandra full credit for what she did. Sandra and Courtney are the first ones to BOLT once the tribes merge, not Coach. I don't think I agree with the votes tonight.In Coach's vote out slip he always put a number at the corner of his slip, does anyone know what that is all about?
what?!VB: JT is convinced, just like Russell planned, that there is an all-girl alliance on the Villains. He said in the preview that he is going to try to slip Russell the idol during the next immunity challenge to try to 'save him'.
what?!VB: JT is convinced, just like Russell planned, that there is an all-girl alliance on the Villains. He said in the preview that he is going to try to slip Russell the idol during the next immunity challenge to try to 'save him'.
you didn't bold the part where I said depending on what happens next weekyou can't deny the fact that JT dominated his season and has dominated the season so far on the heroes side
VB: JT is convinced, just like Russell planned, that there is an all-girl alliance on the Villains. He said in the preview that he is going to try to slip Russell the idol during the next immunity challenge to try to 'save him'.
and they were discussing this. It's not like anything was definite. You know how Survivor likes to fool people in their previews for next week. It could be obvious or it could be something different with Russell or someone else doing something retarded.I liked when they were showing the idiot moves from the past, they showed the dolphin trainer guy from the season that Tom won. In my opinion that was the worst/most annoying play in the history of the game. If you guys don't remember he was in Tom's alliance then tried to screw Tom at the end. Tom found out and said their friendship was over. So the guy pretty much gave up in the final 3 immunity challenge to gain Tom's friendship back and in turn got picked off in 3rd place. I hate him more than anybody out of all the contestants ever. How can you last the whole game and throw in the towel at the very end? I hate him soooooo much. You know a guy for 40 days and you're willing to give up 1 mil for him? **** you bro

So, is russell intentionally trying to lose challenges? Even my wife could see that sitting out the two physically weakest players in a challenge that involved no strong physical component was a horrible idea because it's almost a lock that the next challenge will be more physical than bowling. They have to be 100% convinced a merge is before the next tribal to vote for the only remaining physical player on their team, because they no longer have a shot to win anything remotely physical. Danielle seems like the only one with common sense.

So, is russell intentionally trying to lose challenges? Even my wife could see that sitting out the two physically weakest players in a challenge that involved no strong physical component was a horrible idea because it's almost a lock that the next challenge will be more physical than bowling. They have to be 100% convinced a merge is before the next tribal to vote for the only remaining physical player on their team, because they no longer have a shot to win anything remotely physical. Danielle seems like the only one with common sense.
Possible that Russell wants to lose the next challense as well. I still thinks Courtney and Sandra are untrustworthy to Russell and I trust he knows that and wants to pick one of them off. We all know shit hits the fan at the merge, and Russ wants to separate any pair of votes that could go against him.

Fact: Looks like Russell wanted to vote out COurtney, according to his discussion with Parv and Danielle ("Danielle might be right")Fact: Parv and Danielle both voted Coach, not CourtneySupposition: Danielle/Parv may have had a discussion with Sandra and Courtney about voting for Coach, regardless of what Russell was doingTherefore...I think Russell is going to have that result stuck in his craw and he can either go with it and adapt or he might become a power hungry freak about it and raise a ruckus, thereby putting a target on his back (or an even bigger one than was already there. I don't think the outcome was as Russell envisioned it...Question: Why on earth did no one suggest blindsiding Russell in last night's vote? Nobody even mentioned it. That's one of the stupidest things ever, as it would have been a perfect time. Get rid of the manipulator and keep the manipulatable. As it stands, their tribe is fuxxored and Russell is in trouble anyway.

Question: Why on earth did no one suggest blindsiding Russell in last night's vote? Nobody even mentioned it. That's one of the stupidest things ever, as it would have been a perfect time. Get rid of the manipulator and keep the manipulatable. As it stands, their tribe is fuxxored and Russell is in trouble anyway.
I think this would be dumb to do before the merge. Courtney and Sandra would be onboard but they can't be trusted. Jerri, Danielle, and Parvati need Russell right now to ensure that they are safe, they can't flip until the merge when they could possibly have a plan B with members of the Heroes tribe. Coach just seemed to have an alliance with Jerri and thats it.But that was the question I was asking last season with Mick and Jaison. They could have easily got rid of Russell towards the end of the game.
That was dumb, but I doubt it would've mattered. Sandra and Courtney suck at everything, so I bet they'd have still lost the bowling. Courtney's ball probably wouldn't make it all the way to the pins.And I don't think they would've won the mud challenge either. Coach got his point, though Rupert impressed me staying that close to him. Parvati and Danielle would've been an improvement, but my money would still be on Amanda and Candace beating them. And JT/Colby would smoke Russell/Jerri.Sidenote: Nice camera work at the mud challenge. Right after Amanda/Candace grabbed their flag and turned back, they zoom in straight on Amanda's ass. Then afterwards, we get a nice shot of her wiping mud/groping her boobs.