Leno Back To 11:30, Conan To Unemployment Line.

Don't you hate it when there's a joke that's so good that you want to be a part of it in some way by responding to it. But when you try to think of a funny response to the joke, you just end up restating the joke or pointing out in an obvious way why the joke is funny...For instance, I wanted to respond with "Yeah, when you don't watch it live, they can't hear you."I hate that.
I can't seem to shed the image of you coming up with a joke...it involves you pouring liquid from one beaker to another, ripping off pages that are coming from a huge machine with lots of blinking lights, peering into test tubes filled with neon fluids, scratching your forehead, etc., all to a theme song that seems to be played by some sort of muted xylophone.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't seem to shed the image of you coming up with a joke...it involves you pouring liquid from one beaker to another, ripping off pages that are coming from a huge machine with lots of blinking lights, peering into test tubes filled with neon fluids, scratching your forehead, etc., all to a theme song that seems to be played by some sort of muted xylophone.
A peak inside LLY's head during a movie:centrifugal_force.png

NBC may give Conan O'Brien $40 million to go awayNEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Conan O'Brien is reportedly close to signing a $40 million deal to walk away from "The Tonight Show" and end a weeks-long controversy between the late-night host and NBC.The agreement could come as early as Tuesday, according to the Wall Street Journal. The potential deal would bar O'Brien from "bad-mouthing" his former bosses at NBC but would allow him to take another television job within one year, the Journal said. full story

NBC may give Conan O'Brien $40 million to go awayNEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Conan O'Brien is reportedly close to signing a $40 million deal to walk away from "The Tonight Show" and end a weeks-long controversy between the late-night host and NBC.The agreement could come as early as Tuesday, according to the Wall Street Journal. The potential deal would bar O'Brien from "bad-mouthing" his former bosses at NBC but would allow him to take another television job within one year, the Journal said. full story
Any chance Jay Leno wants to blow balloons?
I would argue that Conan is way more mature and intelligent a person than Leno. Sometimes, however, he does jokes where bears masturbate.
He stopped skits with the masturbating bear and similar skits ever since they left the 12:30 show. Obviously they stopped doing it because they were trying to be more mature in the earlier timeslot.I thought the interview with Martin Scorcese last night was good.
He stopped skits with the masturbating bear and similar skits ever since they left the 12:30 show. Obviously they stopped doing it because they were trying to be more mature in the earlier timeslot.I thought the interview with Martin Scorcese last night was good.
Then I guess they agreed with meBOOM LLY
No more Preparation H Raymond either.
Ever again.
Conan O'Brien Scores $32.5 Mil from NBCConan O'Brien is losing "The Tonight Show" but he'll be getting a $32.5 million consolation prize courtesy of NBC ... sources tell TMZ.In return, we've learned Conan has agreed to sit on the bench until September. Translation -- he can't host another show until the fall.In addition to the $32.5 mil, we've learned NBC is also paying severance to Conan's "Tonight Show" employees. In all, we're told NBC's payout is around $40 million.But Conan probably won't see close to the $32.5 mil. Under the deal, any money Conan makes during the remaining contract period with NBC will offset the network's obligation. So, if Fox were to make a deal with Conan and pay him $25 mil during the NBC contract period, Conan would only score $7.5 mil from NBC.One well-placed NBC source told us something surprising -- looks like NBC may keep its intellectual property rights. So Conan can't take his creations -- such as Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and the Masturbating Bear -- to his next gig.We're told the Conan/NBC deal still isn't completely done, but it's very close.
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/19/conan-obrien...t-comic-dog-fox
I heard about a year ago that Leno has never cashed any of his NBC paychecks in all the years since he took over for Johnny and he lives off his stand up gigs. Very odd.
Uh.... that seems unlikely.
Uh.... that seems unlikely.
I'm pretty sure that's an urban legend that stems from a joke he made a year or two ago about having to save money because he was getting closer to being unemployed. There's (almost) no way his car collection was built on stand-up gigs alone.
I'm pretty sure that's an urban legend that stems from a joke he made a year or two ago about having to save money because he was getting closer to being unemployed. There's (almost) no way his car collection was built on stand-up gigs alone.
Considering he got over $100K per stand up gig plus expenses...I know a guy in the entertainment booking business who has used Leno a few times.$100K for 30 minutes to an hour of stand up.
Considering he got over $100K per stand up gig plus expenses...I know a guy in the entertainment booking business who has used Leno a few times.$100K for 30 minutes to an hour of stand up.
He also does shows in Vegas every weekend, that I'm sure pay a ton.
Masturbating Bear made a return last night.
So, obviously he's in "fuck it" territory. Must be sort of fun, aside from the losing the Tonight Show part, to be in a position to do basically whatever the hell you want for a few episodes and then take a guaranteed $32 million away from NBC.

apparently the settelment is final and 45 million total with severance to all staff. Conan will probally be better off financially with this deal and with all the exposure this got. NBC actually expects to make money off the deal with Leno back at 11:30 as compared to fufilling Conans deal. I cant see how thats possible unless Leno is working for alot less.

Conan will probally be better off financially with this deal and with all the exposure this got.
Hosting The Tonight Show has been his dream since he was a kid...I'm not sure he'll consider himself better off in any way.
Hosting The Tonight Show has been his dream since he was a kid...I'm not sure he'll consider himself better off in any way.
I had a dream of growing pot in Humbolt county when I was a kid.I would much rather have $45 million...
Adam Carolla, who is a pretty close friend to Leno, has referenced this more than once on his old radio show and his podcasts. Not so much that he hasn't cashed any of the checks, but that he has never touched a penny of it, and it's all just sitting in an account somewhere. According to Carolla, all of his houses, cars, employees, etc. are paid from his standup money.