BigD, runnin shit on this page. I like it

Is this where we can lodge our Bill Simmons complaints as well? In the first two paragraphs of his column this week, he writes that making terrible shots is a skill, and in the very next paragraph, says you cant expect to make those terrible shots game in and game out. Well, then its not a fcking skill, is it? Am I being overly critical? I was a Simmons fanboy for about 6 years, from about 2005-2010

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND RICHIE HAS MONSTROUS THIGHS   BE CAREFUL HE'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES   SCREAMS RACIAL SLURS AT BLACK GUYS   but out of love.. but out of love, but out of loooooove

Much like with Christianity, someday after I'm dead, when people are forming a religion around me, there will be a big split between those who don't believe in the literal divinity of my lifestyle and

God I love that Incognito song.

I think Bill simmons complains normally go in Wang's Bill Simmons sucks Donkey Co(ks thread, or what ever it's called, but we can certainly field them here. I think there are some things BS does extremely well, like capturing the joy and frustration of a fan. When there are big emotions involved, I think Bill is great at describing them. I think there's some things that are BS's niche, that I used to find funny but now seem like his schtick has gotten stale, like his Pop cultural analogies. I rarely find those funny anymore. But that kind of thing is his bread and butter. And there are some things BS is just simply horrible at, and that's sports analysis. He's great at narratives, great at the history of the game, but dear god some of his analysis is half baked and biased.

• Like 1

While I totally agree, I'll add that he creates these awful narratives and then rides them into the ground as if they're fact

Funny to hear Dan talk about Latin culture and how being gay is wrong, but he was sure to quietly qualify it by pointing out that it wasn't his parents, but maybe his grandparents and other extended family.

And when they talk about the awful texters and emailers, It makes me really hate people even more. I don't get why they even listen. Isn't there some Fox News sports equivalent? Hey, now there is a business. Idea, considering conservative radio is a money maker and so is sports radio

Chris Myers was like that on Fox Sports Radio. I remember when the Erin Andrews story broke, about the peeping tom, and they were trying to spin it like she was taking advantage of it, and using it as a career move, I vowed never to listen to Fox sports Radio again, and I haven't. a vile network filled with hack hosts

Listened to the Bomani show today. The Guerrero stuff was funny but man do I like Bomani's angle

The DJ Mike Hitman stuff is sorta cringe-worthy for me.

Mike isn't a good fit with Dan, dan is just awkward with him. I have a feeling Mike is hilarious on a Bo-hosted show.

Bomani did a funny video short on boxing for SB nation

So what started the twitter thing? I just got caught in it in the middle and found it hilarious. Did Dan say he didn't vote for Lebron (because he doesn't have a vote, so it's technically true) and then it took off? Or did it start somewhere else and Dan ran with it?

Also, do yourselves a favor and go listen to the beginning of part 2 of Friday's podcast. The Kurkjian interview. The first segment was so funny I literally had tears from laughing so hard.

you have to click on "All" and not "No replies" because it all stemmed from a simple reply. Some guy tweeted at dan " you need to get to the bottom of who voted for melo and not Lebron" and dan replied, as an obvious joke " it was me!"

So then, a guy freaked out on dan and wrote @lebatardshow <----------- THIS IS THE FAT BASTARD WHO DIDN"T VOTE FOR LEBRON!!! Or something like that. And dan RT'd that, and it blew up from there. Everyone assumed it was true, because dan was RTing the hateful, crazy tweets, not getting his sense of humor. The more he RT'd, the more people freaked out. Then Deadspin, without apparently doing any reporting what so ever, reported it as true that Dan Voted for Melo. Dan doesn't even have an MVP vote.

It was truly hilarious.

you have to click on "All" and not "No replies" because it all stemmed from a simple reply. Some guy tweeted at dan " you need to get to the bottom of who voted for melo and not Lebron" and dan replied, as an obvious joke " it was me!"

So then, a guy freaked out on dan and wrote @lebatardshow <----------- THIS IS THE FAT BASTARD WHO DIDN"T VOTE FOR LEBRON!!! Or something like that. And dan RT'd that, and it blew up from there. Everyone assumed it was true, because dan was RTing the hateful, crazy tweets, not getting his sense of humor. The more he RT'd, the more people freaked out. Then Deadspin, without apparently doing any reporting what so ever, reported it as true that Dan Voted for Melo. Dan doesn't even have an MVP vote.

It was truly hilarious.

Oh god, that is amazing. I love it.

Also, do yourselves a favor and go listen to the beginning of part 2 of Friday's podcast. The Kurkjian interview. The first segment was so funny I literally had tears from laughing so hard.

I thought they played that for him before, but I guess not. I've heard that story at least 3 times and EVERY TIME, the "whiter than Hubie Brown" absolutely slays me

It would seem like it. That's gotta be a big decision. Ground floor of something new, something hopefully not as big brotherish as ESPN. ESPN has exposure, unless you get buried by them. There is no real individuality

All of this is assuming the money is equal

I think it would be too much in the radio show every day. I wonder how DLHQ is gonna work now. Bomani can really take over sometimes. Not as much on tv though