• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND RICHIE HAS MONSTROUS THIGHS   BE CAREFUL HE'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES   SCREAMS RACIAL SLURS AT BLACK GUYS   but out of love.. but out of love, but out of loooooove

Much like with Christianity, someday after I'm dead, when people are forming a religion around me, there will be a big split between those who don't believe in the literal divinity of my lifestyle and

God I love that Incognito song.

• 3 weeks later...

They have outstayed their welcome with Weekend Observations. They seemed like they went on forever, I fast forwarded, they were still going. And not funny. They did what they do. Not good, too long

Came here to mention that Mike Ryan exchange. I've never seen a professional funny man get ethered like that by a civilian. I guess it doesn't help when your brand of comedy is unintentional and self-oblivious.

I've only heard clips of Dan's racially changed anti-Magic agenda, and while it's hard for a long-time listener to suggest he's consciously being racist, he's absolutely super dismissive of Magic's prolonged business success. I don't know how much of this is implicit bias and how much is just his tonedeafness, and I don't think it's worthy of all the attention he's getting, but I'm not here for him on this one. Magic is qualified for this job just because he has AIDS.

dan's only point is that magic's business success is not a substitute for working in a front office and learning the ropes before you get the top job. he "cut the line" like bill parcels, and john lynch and others. that was dan's only point.

I wish dan wasn't such a pansy though. He should have blasted everyone but he won't do that to black guys.

That was much ado about nothing. Dan marginalized Magic's business acumen, while also not being totally wrong, and going out of his way to lump in John Lynch, Elway, etc.

I think that was an ESPN game plan to generate juice for their respective shows

• 1 month later...

Stu isn't good running the show on his own. He repeats himself non stop, talks every single detail out, constantly polls the other room, the starts over the next segment, gets sidetracked a ton and never gets to his original point or story

• Like 1

things really clicked for me when i realized a lot of the way dan treats Stu, and Greg to some extent, is because of jealousy of the way people like them. dan's attempts to 'pull back the curtain' are all to show that Stu isn't as funny as people think. his constant 'i heard that joke in your headset,' 'the audience must have heard that' - WHEN NO ONE CAN HEAR THAT - is so obviously his way of making sure people know that Stu doesn't come up with all those one liners. it's pretty hilarious to view dan this way and listen to him put Stu down because people like Stu more.

• 2 weeks later...

i disagree. he cares that people like stu more than him and they like stu more because he plays the fool and gets fed great jokes by Mike. i think he desperately wants people to think he doesn't care, but deep down, he hates that he worked in journalism all those years and his radio success is due to stugotz acting like a moron.

They split up and start their own shows, more people go with Dan than they do with Stu. I will never listen to Stu alone again. His cohost would have to be Sarah Spain or something I love. Even then

That's just it, the show doesn't work without both of them. I can't stand listening to either one of them on their own + a guest host. Those are usually the worst shows in my opinion. Gotta have em both or it just doesn't work. I wouldn't follow either one of them if they split, I'd just stop listening entirely.

You need Stu to balance out Dan's snobbery and general disinterest (although this is largely phony disinterest) and you need Dan to balance out Stu's shenanigans and lack of self awareness.

That's just it, the show doesn't work without both of them. I can't stand listening to either one of them on their own + a guest host.

I totally agree with this. Dan isn't great without being able to crap on Stu.

I've been watching the ESPN bloodbath with interest. I see Kanell got the axe. I wonder what they are planning for that radio time slot, if Russilo stays on or if they go in a new direction. I'm nervously watching for any guys from the show or guest hosts.

I've been watching the ESPN bloodbath with interest. I see Kanell got the axe. I wonder what they are planning for that radio time slot, if Russilo stays on or if they go in a new direction. I'm nervously watching for any guys from the show or guest hosts.

They should fire everyone that's ever been on Sportsnation. The end is always on as i'm starting HQ on the DVR and it's usually 3 black dudes and a blonde lady laughing uproariously over each other. Seems awful.

Then again, most everything ESPN does kinda sucks

• Like 1