It's Amazing What A 3 And A Q Did To Poker.

I know this has been discussed to death, but I am amazed at how poker minds jellied since a 3 and a Q hit the flop. What would it have been like if those two donks had hit the rail? At least the lesser of the two evils won. Man, did we need a Jack and a King to turn on those two hands.The Spring WSOP satellites were getting 70-100 players in each and averaged 3 seats each time. The Fall satellites that just finished had 160+ players in each with 40 alternates each time. They gave away 6 seats every time. They even had to add more tables to the room. The Spring tournaments had familiar faces each time. Those faces have almost vanished in the Fall. I really thought the intelligence level was rising in poker, but it seems I hear even more of the donk excuses such as, "Well the K-2 was suited" and "Well ya gotta get lucky dontcha? Yuk, Yuk, Yuk".I have a friend of mine that plays Commerce every day and he's seen more idiots putting one bet into a monster pot as though they are hoping someone has check/fold clicked ahead of them.I'm just wandering if your results are up or down since the WSOP?Thanks guys and hope to hear better results than those of mine and the guys I'm talking to.

Chaos Theory actually proves that those cards were not any more relevant to the outcome of poker then the dealer's lower back was that day and the way it influenced the way he shuffled the cards 14 hands earlier.In fact, just by starting this thread you have changed the hands of poker that will be played online for ever.Maybe you should think about that before you begin threads...

my results are up since the WSOP.thats what you wanted to know right?oh and i dont get the Q and 3 versus the J and K reference. plz explain
Well, I'm not anywhere near your level of play, so I can understand the better players are lovin' the guppy fest. The Q was Moons AQ vs AK of Phil. The 3 was Cada's 33 vs. JJ. Sorry for the confusion. I trully appreciate your serious answer. As for the other post.....Wow! Totally understandable though with the newbies invading your space. I'll lay off the new topic post. This feels just like my old pt days in boot camp and my freshmen years.I guess until I have 10000 posts I’ll have to keep saying,THANK YOU SIR! MAY I HAVE ANOTHER? :club:
Well, I'm not anywhere near your level of play, so I can understand the better players are lovin' the guppy fest. The Q was Moons AQ vs AK of Phil. The 3 was Cada's 33 vs. JJ. Sorry for the confusion. I trully appreciate your serious answer. As for the other post.....Wow! Totally understandable though with the newbies invading your space. I'll lay off the new topic post. This feels just like my old pt days in boot camp and my freshmen years.I guess until I have 10000 posts I’ll have to keep saying,THANK YOU SIR! MAY I HAVE ANOTHER? :club:
It's not about making a topic, it's about making a dumb topic.This hasn't been discussed to death, because there's no reason to discuss it. People have gotten lucky in poker since it was created. You happened to see some of it on TV, because it makes it more interesting to watch. This happens thousands of times throughout the course of the main event. It doesn't mean Cada is a bad player, in fact he's not. It also won't change the games, people have been getting it in bad since the beginning of time. One person is always gonna be behind, and sometimes they win anyway. It did nothing to poker. If there are more bad players, it's because a new season of the WSOP rolled around and got some new people interested in the game... the content of the broadcast hardly matters.
It's not about making a topic, it's about making a dumb topic.This hasn't been discussed to death, because there's no reason to discuss it. People have gotten lucky in poker since it was created. You happened to see some of it on TV, because it makes it more interesting to watch. This happens thousands of times throughout the course of the main event. It doesn't mean Cada is a bad player, in fact he's not. It also won't change the games, people have been getting it in bad since the beginning of time. One person is always gonna be behind, and sometimes they win anyway. It did nothing to poker. If there are more bad players, it's because a new season of the WSOP rolled around and got some new people interested in the game... the content of the broadcast hardly matters.
QFT
I know this has been discussed to death, but I am amazed at how poker minds jellied since a 3 and a Q hit the flop. What would it have been like if those two donks had hit the rail? At least the lesser of the two evils won. Man, did we need a Jack and a King to turn on those two hands.The Spring WSOP satellites were getting 70-100 players in each and averaged 3 seats each time. The Fall satellites that just finished had 160+ players in each with 40 alternates each time. They gave away 6 seats every time. They even had to add more tables to the room. The Spring tournaments had familiar faces each time. Those faces have almost vanished in the Fall. I really thought the intelligence level was rising in poker, but it seems I hear even more of the donk excuses such as, "Well the K-2 was suited" and "Well ya gotta get lucky dontcha? Yuk, Yuk, Yuk".I have a friend of mine that plays Commerce every day and he's seen more idiots putting one bet into a monster pot as though they are hoping someone has check/fold clicked ahead of them.I'm just wandering if your results are up or down since the WSOP?Thanks guys and hope to hear better results than those of mine and the guys I'm talking to.
Contrary to popular belief people making donkey plays helps your game, it doesn't hurt it. Also, if your referring to it being a bad thing in general that poker knowledge is going down then you are wrong about that too. If people play bad poker continues. Only when everyone plays perfect will poker cease to be played.Regarding your question I think there have always been a lot of bad players and there always will be no matter what poker is shown on tv.
To survive around here, you gotta have thick skin. And make sense.
This makes no sense. I think you mean "e.g. crow"I guess I retract my statement.
One post and you are running like a girl.I.e." stands simply for "that is," which written out fully in Latin is 'id est'. "I.e." is used in place of "in other words," or "it/that is." It specifies or makes more clear. "E.g." means "for example" and comes from the Latin expression exempli gratia, "for the sake of an example," with the noun exemplum in the genitive (possessive case) to go with gratia in the ablative (prepositional case). "E.g." is used in expressions similar to "including," when you are not intending to list everything that is being discussed.They are both right..like science and religion...both right