3.30 Knockout On Ftp

Full Tilt Poker Game #16670846141: $3 + $0.30 KO Sit & Go (123855640), Table 7 - 200/400 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:23:57 ET - 2009/12/09Seat 1: Lockvegas05 (1,815)Seat 2: virgilx (9,135)Seat 3: mikupoeg (6,730)Seat 4: Roseane (10,390)Seat 5: flagazzi (3,795)Seat 6: DanW22185 (3,250)Seat 8: gilouman (9,535)Seat 9: JB-poker01 (10,835)Lockvegas05 antes 50virgilx antes 50mikupoeg antes 50Roseane antes 50flagazzi antes 50DanW22185 antes 50gilouman antes 50JB-poker01 antes 50Roseane posts the small blind of 200flagazzi posts the big blind of 400The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to JB-poker01 [8s Ac]DanW22185 foldsgilouman foldsJB-poker01 calls 400Lockvegas05 foldsvirgilx foldsmikupoeg has 15 seconds left to actmikupoeg foldsRoseane has 15 seconds left to actRoseane raises to 1,000flagazzi foldsJB-poker01 calls 600*** FLOP *** [8h Ad 4s]Roseane has 15 seconds left to actRoseane checksJB-poker01 bets 1,200Roseane has 15 seconds left to actRoseane calls 1,200*** TURN *** [8h Ad 4s] [5h]Roseane has 15 seconds left to actRoseane bets 2,000How would you play it?

Raise or fold pre. Most likely folding pre unless this is a good table to steal.

Sick limp brah. No, we have to address the PF play b/c it is really, really bad...like, we are shallow as hell...only raise or fold PF. As played, get it in...but we should NEVER be put into this situation

In my defense it was a very loose passive table. It is very call/call. No bet amount i am willing to bet will knock out the people that call PF. So i am hoping that i will hit flop like this and double up. The question is how to i get max value now. Another reason for not raising PF is that i feel like i can outplay most of the players post flop.

With these stack sizes, you don't want to ever be limping, especially with something like A8, you're just lighting money on fire doing this. If they call a lot, narrow your range down and punish them for limping. Not raising PF because you feel you can outplay them postflop doesn't make sense. If you can outplay them, then you should be getting more money into the pot.

In my defense it was a very loose passive table. It is very call/call. No bet amount i am willing to bet will knock out the people that call PF. So i am hoping that i will hit flop like this and double up. The question is how to i get max value now. Another reason for not raising PF is that i feel like i can outplay most of the players post flop.
This statement is so wrong on many levels...if the table is loose passive than you WANT to build the pots preflop. Furthermore, if you feel like you can outplay them post flop than again, you WANT to build pots preflop. if you arent willing to open preflop, you should just fold.As played, raise...lots of lesser two pairs, and ace little combos here.

There's a reason everyone is telling you to raise or fold PF...limping is very very very bad.As played to the turn, this is a super easy raise. Pot has ~7200 in it after his turn lead and you have 8000 behind? Just shove, he's never folding a big ace for 6000 more into a 15000 pot. If he doesn't have an ace he's check/folding the river anyway.

Have to agree with what everyone else said.Don't get defensive...we are poker players, we're going to play hands wrong. If your looking to improve your game, be open to critics. This hand was misplayed from the beginning.

if the table has been tight steal away by opening to 3x or 4x BB fold to a raise, we are at best racing,... at best. We are the chip leader at this current table, no reason to get fancy here, but you did.... and hit gold. Bet close to the pot on flop and hope he c/r all in right there. if he flats, stick him in on blank turns, like the one you saw

if the table has been tight steal away by opening to 3x or 4x BB fold to a raise, we are at best racing,... at best. We are the chip leader at this current table, no reason to get fancy here, but you did.... and hit gold. Bet close to the pot on flop and hope he c/r all in right there. if he flats, stick him in on blank turns, like the one you saw
Please never suggestion to 3x or 4x PF. Thank you
Please never suggestion to 3x or 4x PF. Thank you
so what would you suggest? overbet pot or min bet. Blinds and antes there is 2.5 BB in the pot already. a preflop open to 3X BB gets called so light.
Isn't this what you want? Anyway, I usually go with 2.5x open with blinds this high.
we are mega deep and there is only 2-3 villains hyper short i think it is a little early to try and 2.5BB yet. plus we are in early position we don't wanna play OOP. I don't 2.5X unless it is folded to me in the CO of a full table so then i can cbet IP and take things down a ton, and if we get donk bet, it a very easy flop spot

rrmusey, everyone of your posts regarding strategy make you sound like scared money. What's wrong with getting called down lightly PF if you know you can outplay your opponents after the flop? 4x this stage in the tournament is just unnecessary and spewy.And 25 BBs in not "mega deep"

This thinking is only OK if everyone is deep and the structure of the tourney is solid. This is a low-buyin tourney and stacks are shallowing fast and will continue to do so, given the turbo structure. I fold preflop because my hand is week and I have enough chips to get them all in at a better spot and have a bigger stack because of it. As played, I'm timebank/calling the turn because I think we can play along with villain's likely big Ace here, needing to fade only 3 outs, and we're not folding the river anyway.