I don't understand how, in the "we landed" timeline, Locke has a girlfriend. I thought he was single when he got on the plane (didn't she leave him long before?) and the branch occured when the plane was over the island...I also thought that Jacob revived Locke after his fall. If they didn't crash, does that mean Jacob never visited Locke (and he survived the fall on his own) and the others? Did Sayeed get run over? Did Sawyer write his letter?
Also, Locke's girlfriend mentioned having a shotgun wedding with her parents and Locke's father. Are we supposed to assume that Locke and his father get along in this timeline? And if so, how did he get paralyzed?
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that the branch took place in the 70's when the survivors detonated the bomb. So, there could be many potential differences to the present, not only those that would have taken place after the plane.Actually, there is a lot of evidence of this. For instance, Ben is a teacher, Hurley is still rich and happy (meaning his house probably didn't burn down and his grandfather didn't die, et).

I was under the impression that the branch took place in the 70's when the survivors detonated the bomb. So, there could be many potential differences to the present, not only those that would have taken place after the plane.Actually, there is a lot of evidence of this. For instance, Ben is a teacher, Hurley is still rich and happy (meaning his house probably didn't burn down and his grandfather didn't die, et).
... the island is sunken under 50 feet of water ...yeah, the branch occurring in the 70s clearly makes more sense. I assumed they were all meeting because they were going to get drawn to the island again too, but maybe not. if the island is sunk, then maybe jacob and smokie are playing their little cosmic game on a different island/location, and jacob is just going to bring them all there instead. juliette blew up the island, but not the reason the island was there......
Yeah the branch was in the 70s. The plane flight itself was not even the same... the hot sister wasn't on the plane, Hurley was already positive Hurley, etc.
Still way too much love for trash-bag whore Shannon.
I actually don't like her at all, I just thought that way of referring to her would be most likely to trigger the right person in people's minds.
WTF, Spock... (meaning you got me with your logic...I knew immediately who you were referring to)
and desmond was. or at least something that looked like desmond.
Are you saying Desmond is hot?Troymac said: How dare you talk that way about her! lol...I'm getting the same from a guy at work who has similar tastes...
Jacob/Aaron
in this reality aaron is still <3 years old and was last seen being left with his grandmother. i would think even the crazy producers would consider it too much of a plot contrivance at this point to have an older version of aaron show up on the island.more likely jacob's "ghost" appearing as a young version of himself with bloody arms to induce a guilt trip in MiB, or possibly a third supernatural entity supervising the conflict between jacob/MiB - island incarnate or something.

Maybe I'm wrong, but everyone's names in that cave...were the numbers in front of their names of the one's that are not crossed off part of "the" numbers...Hurley's lottery, the hatch #'s, etc. ??

A young Jacob, respawned if you will, was my first thought.Aaron never occurred to me.A third "god" is interesting. But why is he a child? Oh the mystery, I love it.
perhaps the light to walt's dark? walt will be back before it's all said and done
For the record, Aaron is a great-great-grandson of Jacob in the Bible
You might want to change that to off-the-record, I don't think you want to be attributed to such claims. At least go on background, man!

Interesting there's so much hate for Kate after she was the hot chick in season one.Anyhow, thinking there is so much resemblence between smokemonster/fake Locke and Jacob like Neo and Agent Smith.