Pictures From Afghanistan

The Boston Globe runs a set of about 30 pictures from Afghanistan every month or so. Here's the link to the newest ones, and some of the older ones. I find them almost endlessly fascinating and inspiring.http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/11/a...ember_2009.htmlThis link has all of the pictures. Click on any of them or their titles to be brought to that month's gallery. a01_20980351.jpgafghanistan8.jpgisaf02_b080111.jpgisaf15_16260063.jpga26_20858325.jpga05_21026211.jpg

That last one doesn't look like Afghanistan at all. I mean, I know the Red Sox bandwagon has grown quite a bit in the last few years, but come on.
Yeah man the Sox are pretty big over there, but it's not bandwagon-jumping, at least not yet. You know how all the music and movies they get from us are like a decade or 2 old? Same with sports. They're just now at 1999 - Yankees just swept the Braves in the WS over there. Huuuuuuuge Pedro fans too for some reason, despite the fact that, for the most part, Afghanis don't even understand the rules to the game.

geebus! that 2nd image that was warned as being graphic should have had another 'are you sure you want to see this image' tag after you clicked you wanted to see it.

Religion of peace my ass....
Yeah, those Christians seem to thrive on war indeed... or... ow... you mean Muslims? Yeah, them too.
Religion of peace my ass....
Yeah, those Christians seem to thrive on war indeed... or... ow... you mean Muslims? Yeah, them too.
hmmmm....i can see both sides of this argument....oh, no wait i cant....terrorists should die.
hmmmm....i can see both sides of this argument....oh, no wait i cant....terrorists should die.
Only Muslim terrorists or Christian terrorists too?
Only Muslim terrorists or Christian terrorists too?
Not all terrorists are Muslim, but most Muslims are terrorists.Wait, that's not right..Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim.Oh, and hi Fleur!! :ts:4h:club:

Ever been to Ireland?Oh, hi James! xyxwave.gifI'm just saying that it's not like Christianity is such a peacefull religion either.

Ever been to Ireland?Oh, hi James! xyxwave.gifI'm just saying that it's not like Christianity is such a peacefull religion either.
Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Witch Trials...

If any of you guys are interested in Afghanistan there's a really good documentary about "Afghan Star", their version of "Americal Idol" type shows. It shows a lot about the culture there and the values and views of everyday Afghans. I don't know if it's viewable outside of the UK, but I watched it here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/afghan-star/4od#2931802

'cause those are recent events.
Every war the US has ever participated in was during the tenure of a mostly christian leadership and involved mostly christian soldiers. I'm not saying that any given conflict wasn't necessary, but it's silly to argue that you guys are peaceful unless you use a pretty loose definition of the term. How about, "Peaceful unless there's a reason not to be, in which case ready to jump at the opportunity to put the whole peaceful thing on hold."
Every war the US has ever participated in was during the tenure of a mostly christian leadership and involved mostly christian soldiers. I'm not saying that any given conflict wasn't necessary, but it's silly to argue that you guys are peaceful unless you use a pretty loose definition of the term. How about, "Peaceful unless there's a reason not to be, in which case ready to jump at the opportunity to put the whole peaceful thing on hold."
Are you equating the wars the US has participated in under Christian leadership with the war the fundamentalist Muslims are waging against non-Muslims now?
Are you equating the wars the US has participated in under Christian leadership with the war the fundamentalist Muslims are waging against non-Muslims now?
No. I'm saying that Fleur, though she didn't know why, was right about the fact that christianity isn't such a peaceful religion either. It's all she said, all she meant, and she was right. Christians almost always seem to be at the forefront of whatever war is currently going on, going as far back as the beginning of the religion itself. It's a fact. We're not saying that you're suicide-bombing schoolbuses. Some christian-led wars were disgraces, some were/are for good causes. No need to read into it and get defensive here...I promise not to burn any flags.
No. I'm saying that Fleur, though she didn't know why, was right about the fact that christianity isn't such a peaceful religion either. It's all she said, all she meant, and she was right.
hypocrite.gif