Durrr Vs Isildur1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he is from sweden Im pretty sure he dont want his name in publicity with the way tax system work in Sweden.Basically you have to pay tax on every pot you win, think 30%, but no deductions on pots you loose. so not very good for him if his name get known.

if he is from sweden Im pretty sure he dont want his name in publicity with the way tax system work in Sweden.Basically you have to pay tax on every pot you win, think 30%, but no deductions on pots you loose. so not very good for him if his name get known.
You're not the real Elrond.

Monday November 16thWe might just be witnessing the greatest rush in online poker history. With his 1.8 million won this weekend, Isildur1 has won 6 million dollars in 24 days, and that includes a start where he lost more than a million. In fact, almost all of his gains has come the last week. What was different about this weekend, was that he played mostly Pot Limit Omaha, and that it was Patrik Antonius who suffered the heaviest losses.

Interesting read ....December 4, 2008 --The county administrative court (Länsrätten) in Östergoötland ruled that Sargon Rüya did not have to pay Swedish taxeson the 650,000 kronor ($80,900) he won playing online poker on a site based in the Isle of Man, reports the Östgöta Correspondenten newspaper. It was reported that Rüya was still liable for paying taxes on winnings earned while playing on a site based in Monaco. The difference in tax treatment stems from European Union rules stipulating that winnings from games such as poker are free from taxes within the EU. Full article ....http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200...1228401740.html

Monday November 16thWe might just be witnessing the greatest rush in online poker history. With his 1.8 million won this weekend, Isildur1 has won 6 million dollars in 24 days, and that includes a start where he lost more than a million. In fact, almost all of his gains has come the last week. What was different about this weekend, was that he played mostly Pot Limit Omaha, and that it was Patrik Antonius who suffered the heaviest losses.
If I were he I would move to the caymans,cash out 4million, and lay on the beach downing umbrella drinks and scuba for the rest of my times. Maybe a few sessions of 10-20 to get my fix on.Oh , and send durrrr and such the occasional thank you note.
If I were he I would move to the caymans,cash out 4million, and lay on the beach downing umbrella drinks and scuba for the rest of my times. Maybe a few sessions of 10-20 to get my fix on.Oh , and send durrrr and such the occasional thank you note.
well... thats why you're not "he"Its this thinking that separates the common folk from the highstakes monsters.
Many railbirds are growing increasingly suspicious of Isildur’s extremely high win rate. Forum gossip has posited everything from bot use to a second account of an already established pro to a super user account. While the identity of Isildur1 remains a mystery, a post from Barry Greenstein in the Pokerroad Forums did shed some light on who Isildur1 is and why his identity remains a mystery:
If the superuser stuff would be true the poker world is going to be turned upside down imo. How could high stakes players feel safe playing on the internet at all?I think this is just a case of Durrr getting owned though.
If the superuser stuff would be true the poker world is going to be turned upside down imo. How could high stakes players feel safe playing on the internet at all?I think this is just a case of Durrr/Patrik/Zigs/Ivey/etc getting owned though.
FYP
yes, and separates the insanely happy, and comfy from the occasional Archie Karras.
I've always thought this story would make a great book that I would love to read
I've always thought this story would make a great book that I would love to read
I would love to read the tome Oedipus would author. Certainly puts my 15 dollar loss in razz in perspective. During the depression, people were jumping out of windows with less than a weekly loss of 4 mill.
Why stop on the top? He's the fastest rising online star ever and he's taking millions from those Fulltilt pros. To me this would make me more than scuba diving. I say, continue to kick durrr's sorry ass.
Why stop on the top? He's the fastest rising online star ever and he's taking millions from those Fulltilt pros. To me this would make me more than scuba diving. I say, continue to kick durrr's sorry ass.
Reality check .... The dude is on the heater of a lifetime and it WILL NOT last. Even if he is a slight favorite over durrr (which is impossible to tell after just a week of him running ridiculously hot), the edge is not so high that this type of win rate will continue.Durrr has proven he can take multi-million dollar losses and and still play his game to get out of the red which has yet to be seen once this guy hit's his inevitable downswing.
Double edged sword there chip. If you can rise this fast, you can fall this fast.Ill stand by my comment, take the money and run.I guarantee that durrrr thought that way, and unless he makes awesome comeback, he will be kicking himself in ass the rest of his life.
Double edged sword there chip. If you can rise this fast, you can fall this fast.Ill stand by my comment, take the money and run.I guarantee that durrrr thought that way, and unless he makes awesome comeback, he will be kicking himself in ass the rest of his life.
I Don't think durrrr is going to be "kicking himself for the rest of his life". If he has an edge in high stakes poker, he's still going to have an edge if his role gets busted. And I guarantee there will be people ( like Guy Libertte, for one) who would be willing to stake him. We're not talking about a kid who made a hot heeb run on pokerstars, or got a big tournament score.. we're talking about someone who's won millions at the game, playing the toughest competition around. As long as he has the talent, and the will, he will be fine. Doyle was busted many times, and things ended alright for him. Now the will could be the question. If Isuldur does grind him into the dirt, will durrrr have the mental make up and will to bounce back from that kind of psychological blow. there's no predicting for that, but if I were to guess, I'd say he'll be fine ( unless there's some other issue here we don't no of, like drug abuse or something).
Are you a friend of or in anyway related to.......or a joke account created by dscoot?