Cada Article-check The Last Line...

You didn't screw up the connection link, but you screwed up the post by not just adding the line like this:

In exchange for fronting Cada the $10,000 entrance fee, Eric Haber and Cliff Josephy will get half of his winnings.
Good find though
I wondered how much Bax and Sheets would make off this. Half of the winnings seems a bit much though.
The article says they staked his $10K buy in for 50% of his winnings.
I wondered how much Bax and Sheets would make off this. Half of the winnings seems a bit much though.
A deal is a deal right? Although I could see a backer giving you a 10% break if you win the Main Event. that would be pretty fair.
Thread title is a bit of a spoiler by inference... mods might want to change it until the show airs, some crazy people are trying to avoid this knowledge.
If you're on a poker forum while still trying to avoid who won...yeah, I guess "crazy" is the right word.
If they are giving out full buy-ins then they are entitled to a full 50% of the winnings. 50/50 no sb means 50/50 no sb whether it is a $4.40 180 man or the main event.
If they are giving out full buy-ins then they are entitled to a full 50% of the winnings. 50/50 no sb means 50/50 no sb whether it is a $4.40 180 man or the main event.
I realize this. If that's their deal then that's their deal. I would imagine that all deals aren't 50/50, I just wondered how much they'd get and the article answered my question.
If it was a one off stake deal it could be as much as 65-70%. Its likely its a long term backing deal in which case it will be 50%+ make up
I wonder how many players bax and sheets put in the main event?
There was an article on Espn.com/poker that discussed this briefly. I think it said Bax and Sheets put something like 60-75 people in the ME. I will try to find it now.
There was an article on Espn.com/poker that discussed this briefly. I think it said Bax and Sheets put something like 60-75 people in the ME. I will try to find it now.
All they need is to get an 18% return....
I call BS on your law degree based on this post. :club:
I could definitely see a deal being struck where the stakee was given incentive in the form of extra percentage to finish in the top 3 or something.
I could definitely see the need for a lawyer to handle a deal being struck where the stakee was given incentive in the form of extra percentage to finish in the top 3 or something, resulting in the lawyer getting the lion's share of the winnings.
fypIt's no wonder the bar exam is giving you so much trouble
ha. I actually did really well on the ethics exam. So, yay me.
Lawyer's ethics....Question: So your client dies while in your office, how much do you charge for the phone call to the morgue?Answers: A. 1 billable hour added to the previous hour discussion B. 1/2 billable hour at increased rate for stress C. 1/4 billable hour at standard rate D. You count the phone call into the entire time the pesron lays dead in your office, charging for the staff's time as well since the trama is office wide obviously