Top Nine Google Suggestions When Searching for ESPN NHL Sta9. 2008 espn nfl stats8. espn nfl stadium rankings7. espn nfl stadiums6. espn nfl staff picks5. espn nfl stats 20084. espn nhl stats3. espn nhl standings2. espn nfl standings1. espn nfl stats

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams that are higher in the standings than the LeafsSan Jose SharksWashington CapitalsNew Jersey DevilsColorado AvalanchePittsburgh PenguinsLos Angeles KingsCalgary FlamesChicago BlackhawksPhiladelphia FlyersBuffalo SabresPhoenix CoyotesColumbus Blue JacketsDallas StarsDetroit Red WingsOttawa SenatorsNashville PredatorsNew York RangersNew York IslandersAtlanta ThrashersTampa Bay LightningVancouver CanucksBoston BruinsEdmonton OilersMontréal CanadiensFlorida PanthersSt Louis BluesMinnesota WildAnaheim DucksCarolina Hurricanes

Teams that are higher in the standings than the LeafsSan Jose SharksWashington CapitalsNew Jersey DevilsColorado AvalanchePittsburgh PenguinsLos Angeles KingsCalgary FlamesChicago BlackhawksPhiladelphia FlyersBuffalo SabresPhoenix CoyotesColumbus Blue JacketsDallas StarsDetroit Red WingsOttawa SenatorsNashville PredatorsNew York RangersNew York IslandersAtlanta ThrashersTampa Bay LightningVancouver CanucksBoston BruinsEdmonton OilersMontréal CanadiensFlorida PanthersSt Louis BluesMinnesota WildAnaheim DucksCarolina Hurricanes
Teams that are not higher in the standings than the Leafstumbleweed.jpg
  • 3 months later...
Things I Have Grown Tired of Hearing About During International Hockey1. 1972 Canada vs Russia1. 1980 Miracle on Ice
my #3.that Parise is Brodeur teammate.that Getzlaf is Hiller teammate.bla bla bla....

Things I Don't Like about Olympic/International Hockey1. Pierre Mcguire2. One-game elimination3. Lack of fighting (Yes I have a justification for this)4. Figure skating updates during breaks.5. Pierre Mcguire6. Rich pretty-boy superstars who won't go into corners and take a hit for their country7. Pierre Mcguire8. 18-0 blowouts9. Cherrypicking Russians (I saw you Kovalchuk)10. Pierre Mcguire

Things I Don't Like about Olympic/International Hockey1. Pierre Mcguire2. One-game elimination3. Lack of fighting (Yes I have a justification for this)4. Figure skating updates during breaks.5. Pierre Mcguire6. Rich pretty-boy superstars who won't go into corners and take a hit for their country7. Pierre Mcguire8. 18-0 blowouts9. Cherrypicking Russians (I saw you Kovalchuk)10. Pierre Mcguire
who didnt go into the corners? just curious what you sawyes on Kovalchuk I used to like you. even moreso when you threw out 1,5,7,10.........then you went and did #3. now, we are not good.

In general, for whatever reason (superstar attitude, trying to stay healthy for club team, etc), it feels to me like a LOT of players give up body position on a forecheck if they're going to take a hit during international play. The only one I think I can call out by name was one I saw by Iginla, although I'm hating on him right now because he has REALLY been a no-show overall so far, IMO.And ok, fighting, I know, controversial and all that. There is a time and a place for fighting, and no, I'm not saying staged fighting or goons at the international level. Nor am I saying national squads should even consider taking goons. Quite the opposite. Every team is LOADED with talent and great players, and as we saw in the US/Canada game today, the pace can be furiously intense. Why not leave a little room for that intensity to escalate to it's highest point?Going back to the Lightning/Flames final a few years ago, the series was intense, but the only guy Lecavalier can fight is Iginla, because he is the best player on his team and can't miss 5 minutes of action unless he takes the other team's best player with him. How crazy was it to watch that fight? It's going to happen so rarely ANYWAY because of the calibre of all the players, why not allow the one superfight here and there when tempers boil over? The fights won't be happening because the combatants are trying to justify their existence, it'll be for real. Who doesn't want to see Crosby/Ovechkin duke it out, or Ovechkin/Jagr after that hit today? (lolol@ jagr fighting) And really, fights like that won't interrupt the flow/pace of the game, but enhance it IMO. What player wouldn't be jacked up after watching Crosby and Ovie settle things once and for all? Or any two other superstars really, *I* think it would be interesting.Just my .02 :club:

In general, for whatever reason (superstar attitude, trying to stay healthy for club team, etc), it feels to me like a LOT of players give up body position on a forecheck if they're going to take a hit during international play. The only one I think I can call out by name was one I saw by Iginla, although I'm hating on him right now because he has REALLY been a no-show overall so far, IMO.And ok, fighting, I know, controversial and all that. There is a time and a place for fighting, and no, I'm not saying staged fighting or goons at the international level. Nor am I saying national squads should even consider taking goons. Quite the opposite. Every team is LOADED with talent and great players, and as we saw in the US/Canada game today, the pace can be furiously intense. Why not leave a little room for that intensity to escalate to it's highest point?Going back to the Lightning/Flames final a few years ago, the series was intense, but the only guy Lecavalier can fight is Iginla, because he is the best player on his team and can't miss 5 minutes of action unless he takes the other team's best player with him. How crazy was it to watch that fight? It's going to happen so rarely ANYWAY because of the calibre of all the players, why not allow the one superfight here and there when tempers boil over? The fights won't be happening because the combatants are trying to justify their existence, it'll be for real. Who doesn't want to see Crosby/Ovechkin duke it out, or Ovechkin/Jagr after that hit today? (lolol@ jagr fighting) And really, fights like that won't interrupt the flow/pace of the game, but enhance it IMO. What player wouldn't be jacked up after watching Crosby and Ovie settle things once and for all? Or any two other superstars really, *I* think it would be interesting.Just my .02 :club:
Very well played sir.You brought up the one fight that I absolutely loved, and the one that proves the argument for real fighting in hockey.Take out the goons, take out the garbage pushing+shoving after EVERY whistle, and Im good.We're on good terms again.
take out the garbage pushing+shoving after EVERY whistle, and Im good.
Yeah, I'm beyond tired of this as well, the league really needs to start handing out roughing penalties for that crap. It's only a matter of time before a goalie twists a knee because of one of these pointless bullshit scrums in the crease.
Yeah, I'm beyond tired of this as well, the league really needs to start handing out roughing penalties for that crap. It's only a matter of time before a goalie twists a knee because of one of these pointless bullshit scrums in the crease.
Seriously. How is shoving your moldy / sweaty gloves into someone's face / mouth not unsportsmanlike???
I did this for about half a season of minor league hockey, every time I scored, LOL.
I'd probably have taken every run at you possible :club: The Jagr salute literally made me hate him for life. I still can't fathom how he wasn't beheaded by a Pronger elbow or something