Rush Limbaugh Bid To Buy St. Louis Rams

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Neither of them should be convicted of a crime.
Even I know that the courts, the police and the jails don't decide whether or not something should be illegal, only if they are illegal.Someone taking a perscribed drug and becoming addicted never breaks any laws.Someone using an illegal narcotic is breaking the law.When the laws change, then you can accuse Rush of being a hypocrite, but until then..you guys are wronger than two left shoes.
OH YEAH? You checked them all? Even the little tiny ones in his inner ear??
Well those are the ones that broke on him, so maybe they are racist...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4556315The first NFL owner comes out and says he will vote against Limbaugh.You need 24 of 32 owners to say yes. (I assume the guy selling to you votes yes.)
This the same guy that refused to allow the convicted dog fighter to be allowed to play in the league?Oh, that's right, they all allowed Vick to return, but they really put the screws to him, he had to sit out for 3 whole games.
You don't sound like you have any knowledge or personal experience with any sort of addiction.
ive had severe problems with heroin and cocaine. to say that i'm entirely past them at this point in my life would probably be a lie. i do also think that no matter how much you may think you know about addiction like maybe somebody very close to you had problems or something until you've been there sick and vomiting and shivering there is just something about it thats not possible for somebody who hasn't went through it themselves to really understand. your comment kind of offended me at first but then i realized its just you being you and thinking you know everything so its pretty benign and no harm done. theres too much else to go back and respond to it all and i really don't feel like it. i like the idea of rush owning a football team and didn't mean to derail things so much. i guess a lot of my point was that being an addict is being an addict. its not an illegal/legal thing. and its not a whats socially acceptable and whats not thing. its just the same boring drug thing going on and on and never changing like it just does. the differences between sticking a needle in your arm and getting pills from a doctor are superficial. the rest of my point was that the old junky fairy tail about having some sort of injury befall you and poor you gets hooked after that is exactly that, a fairy tail. its just an excuse, and a pretty lame one at that. go to an NA meeting. almost every single person there has the same story. the reality of it is that if you get hooked on pain meds maybe you found out about them because you got hurt, but once you are abusing them you are doing it for the same reason that the homeless junky on the street is - because you can't cope with life and drugs are actually a very very good quick temporary fix for that problem. i don't care about any of the hypocrisy stuff and find it funny that anybody would. his job is an entertainer. its like a rock star or rapper who goes on and on about drugs and they themselves are clean. nobody cares as long as the music is good.
You don't sound like you have any knowledge or personal experience with any sort of addiction.
ive had severe problems with heroin and cocaine. to say that i'm entirely past them at this point in my life would probably be a lie.
Cat-YouJustGotServed-727855.jpg
When I read this line I really could not decide if you were serious or if you knew anti and were being sarcastic.

Cane... you know that Rush's #1 man, engineer and call screener, is a black dude named James Golden, right?

now, before the lynch mob gets fired up... you can't judge my previous post based solely on what I said. there's a subtle point in it, but you wouldn't know that because you haven't read all 11,750 of my posts. you're pigeonholing me and you really shouldn't do that until you've read everything I've written on FCP.
does it come in paperback?
BTW, I heard on Rush's show that there will soon be a lot fo retractions in major media stories because of the false reporting about Rush's comments on race etc.
That only works because you don't listen to any other media.
Cane... you know that Rush's #1 man, engineer and call screener, is a black dude named James Golden, right?
Sure. Don't worry I think Rush is a jerk not a racist. But you cant say the things he has said over the years and not expect some blowback. Comes with the territory.Again, I think Rush should get to be a minority owner if he wants. However, at this rate, I dont think he will get approved if he tries.Also, I am not sure that Rush having a black friend means anything...."rush, you're a racist!""nuh uh, I have a black friend!""who works for you and does your chores""......"
Sure. Don't worry I think Rush is a jerk not a racist. But you cant say the things he has said over the years and not expect some blowback. Comes with the territory.Again, I think Rush should get to be a minority owner if he wants. However, at this rate, I dont think he will get approved if he tries.Also, I am not sure that Rush having a black friend means anything...."rush, you're a racist!""nuh uh, I have a black friend!""who works for you and does your chores""......"
You should be listening to Rush today.He is executing a scorched earth attack on all the 'journalist' who have been reporting the false statements attributed to him. One guy had a DUI hit and run manslaughter past, and Rush ripped him apart, no he is pointing out the Reverand Jackson's checkered past, including the King assasination when Jackson rubbed some of the blood from King's bods onto his shirt to get more air time.It is really fun.
Again, I think Rush should get to be a minority owner if he wants.
I think we should all get to own minorities.Sorry Sal, I know it's bad, but I couldn't resist any longer.
Actually Snerdley ( his name on the show ) is probably a lot like Tigar's caddy Stevie..a multi millionair now while doing his best to stay in the background.Although he does have a role on the show as shown by the folllowing exchange:
RUSH: Let's bring in our Official Obama Criticizer, Mr. Bo Snerdley. Let me know when the electronics and the technology are ready, because I think... Does the Obama criticizer have something to say about this? Would you like to weigh in? SNERDLEY: Thank you very much, Rush. Official Obama Criticizer Bo Snerdley here. I have a question.RUSH: Wait, wait. You are "officially black enough to criticize," right?SNERDLEY: "Officially black enough to criticize," right on, brother!RUSH: Okay, good.
So not only is Bo Snerdley a part of the show, he is officially black enough to critize Obama and have it not be racist.
Again, I think Rush should get to be a minority owner if he wants.
totally agree. wanna come with me to the next meeting?
Sorry Sal, I know it's bad, but I couldn't resist any longer.
glad you opened the door.

wow I didn't realize that these things were said before the campaign:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man
"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking."
"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."
This makes me want to rethink the level of racism.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlinesDidn't even make it a week. Score a win for the race traders.
ok, even I think this is a raw deal for Rush......but I love the ego on the fat-ass to compare his failed bid to be a....limited owner of the Rams to the "future of America".
ok, even I think this is a raw deal for Rush......but I love the ego on the fat-ass to compare his failed bid to be a....limited owner of the Rams to the "future of America".
It's shocking that you actually think that it's 'ego' and not 'business genius', for him to act mistreated. His ratings are at an all-time high right now.
It's shocking that you actually think that it's 'ego' and not 'business genius', for him to act mistreated. His ratings are at an all-time high right now.
I think both those things usually cross-over a lot. Plus, this is not about him being mistreated (frankly, he is being a little mistreated) but the fact that he can keep a straight face comparing it to the future of America. Most tycoons have egos and Rush is certainly a conservative media tycoon.
Yeah, it's highly likely he never thought he would become an owner at all, and just did this for the massive publicity it would generate. Which if so, is genius. The man knows how to capitalize on white male insecurity alright.
Yeah, it's highly likely he never thought he would become an owner at all, and just did this for the massive publicity it would generate. Which if so, is genius. The man knows how to capitalize on white male insecurity alright.
that would be pretty brilliant. and very plausible. and there is no downside....if he actually gets to be an owner thats good too.damn.