a shameless way..........

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'll add my embarrassing poker story to this shameless thread.I'm playing 4/8 limit at Bellagio last week and I limp with K10 diamonds. The flop comes 3 diamonds, so I'm raising, and getting reraised, etc... For whatever reason, I don't put my opponent on the ace high flush. I think he's made a straight. It turns out the middle diamond on the flop was a heart. (the turn and river were black)I MISREAD THE BOARD!!!! I was in the farthest seat (the one on the "corner"). Even the guys at the other end (my husband included) thought I made the flush, until the dealer looked very puzzled.I was so very embarrassed. This has never happened to me before. I suppose I should've been in bed instead of playing. I was tired.Wow. It's still humiliating.

So, I'll add my embarrassing poker story to this shameless thread.I'm playing 4/8 limit at Bellagio last week and I limp with K10 diamonds.  The flop comes 3 diamonds, so I'm raising, and getting reraised, etc...  For whatever reason, I don't put my opponent on the ace high flush.  I think he's made a straight.  It turns out the middle diamond on the flop was a heart. (the turn and river were black)I MISREAD THE BOARD!!!!  I was in the farthest seat (the one on the "corner").  Even the guys at the other end (my husband included) thought I made the flush, until the dealer looked very puzzled.I was so very embarrassed.  This has never happened to me before.  I suppose I should've been in bed instead of playing.  I was tired.Wow.  It's still humiliating.
Too many words