Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Is there a single Rocket player who was playing good defense on that play?

I'd rank them as follows:

1) Trailer

2) On ball defender

Oh my God, the rest

I've always thought of him as a great defender and good in the open court. But his playmaking this year has really surprised me. He was miscast as a number one scoring option with Philly, but with the guys around him on this team, he can create for all of them. I think the Warriors ceiling depends a lot on Bogut's health, but they're definitely my number league pass team right now.

I've always thought of him as a great defender and good in the open court. But his playmaking this year has really surprised me. He was miscast as a number one scoring option with Philly, but with the guys around him on this team, he can create for all of them. I think the Warriors ceiling depends a lot on Bogut's health, but they're definitely my number league pass team right now.

so much fun to watch

I know.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/81567/nba-shootaround-setting-the-pace

In case you haven’t yet noticed, Warriors Iggy is the best version of Iggy. He’s not a woefully miscast first option (like in Philadelphia). He’s not just one cog in a machine of equal parts (like in Denver). Nope. Now he’s the ultimate fill-in-the-blanks guy and destroyer of worlds he was always meant to be. It’s manifest destiny.

Iguodala was meant to make ridiculous

on the fast break. He was meant to run
with David Lee. He was meant to guard three positions, to only take the open-est of wide-open 3s, and to play backup point guard — all at the same time.

He’s playing like some crazy mash-up of Phoenix-era Joe Johnson and Phoenix-era Shawn Marion, on steroids. He’s appointment television. He’s absolutely absurd, and I love it. I can’t stop, won’t stop watching Warriors games, and I don’t want to either.

Also from Grantland, I learned that Orlando has their choice of either Denver or New York's 1st round pick this year from the Dwight Howard trade. They could easily have two lottery picks in a stacked draft. Add those to the pieces they have already and they're going to be really good soon.

qblove_medium.gif

Such a ridiculous pass. For one, it's right on the money. That's like 30 yards. Alex Smith wishes he could do that.

Look how easily he just flicks it out there. I don't understand how that happens.

And he does it with such limited natural ability!

qblove_medium.gif

Such a ridiculous pass. For one, it's right on the money. That's like 30 yards. Alex Smith wishes he could do that.

Look how easily he just flicks it out there. I don't understand how that happens.

And he does it with such limited natural ability!

I came here to post this GIF.

My favorite part is Rubio. "Whoa looks like K Love put a little too much on that I'd better turn on the jets ah screw it no way I can get to... well. Okay, then."

Never occurs to him that pass could be for someone running AHEAD of him on the break until he sees it drop into Brewer's hands.

• Like 1