Random Basketball Observations

damn. rockets gonna be exciting too watch now. lakers need to tank next year.

Have Kobe go slow on the rehab.

Have Metta get a 60 game suspension.

Have Nash get injured like 56 year old players do.

Trade Gasol for a trade exception to Dallas.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Pistons just signed Josh Smith for 4/56. The Pistons lose their draft pick next year if they don't secure a top 8 pick.

Dumars is just.... so bad.

Pistons just signed Josh Smith for 4/56. The Pistons lose their draft pick next year if they don't secure a top 8 pick.

Dumars is just.... so bad.

well in fairness whoever signed Josh Smith was going to be making a massive mistake

Jesus, the clippers get Darren collision to back up CP3. That team is a loaded potato.

Yeah too bad you can't play 11 guys at the same time otherwise they'd be a contender.

Yeah too bad you can't play 11 guys at the same time otherwise they'd be a contender.

You're a Heat fan. We get it.

• Like 1

well in fairness whoever signed Josh Smith was going to be making a massive mistake

I don't agree. If he plays the 4, he's probably fine at 11MM a year for a contender. 4/54 isn't the worst overpay in the world if he is a missing piece, especially because his on-ball defense is really important against big wings in the playoffs.

But the Pistons will finish 7-10 in the East and ship the Bobcats a valuable pick in a loaded draft because Dumars is desperately trying to keep bis job.

I don't agree. If he plays the 4, he's probably fine at 11MM a year for a contender. 4/54 isn't the worst overpay in the world if he is a missing piece, especially because his on-ball defense is really important against big wings in the playoffs.

But the Pistons will finish 7-10 in the East and ship the Bobcats a valuable pick in a loaded draft because Dumars is desperately trying to keep bis job.

so you're saying that it's a mistake for a team that has no shot at being really good and who already has 2 good young bigs as their best players to sign another big for large money ?

• Like 1

Careful bro, you're becoming the new Flushgarden :icon_surprised:

No way, bro, my teams win titles not blow them to Eli Manning.

so you're saying that it's a mistake for a team that has no shot at being really good and who already has 2 good young bigs as their best players to sign another big for large money ?

I think he is saying that Smith was not a mistake for everyone like you implied just a mistake for Detroit.

If Bynum is healthy the cavs are going to be in the playoffs, right? Sneak in at the 8.

They should trade Varejao and that Russian kid they picked in the first round to the Lakers for Pau.

(As suggested by Simmons and approved by Zach Lowe.)

They should trade Varejao and that Russian kid they picked in the first round to the Lakers for Pau.

(As suggested by Simmons and approved by Zach Lowe.)

They need to trade for more Canadians.

If the Raptors don't get the first pick next year I hope the Cavs do so they can draft Wiggins to go along with Bennett and Tristan Thompson

They need to trade for more Canadians.

If the Raptors don't get the first pick next year I hope the Cavs do so they can draft Wiggins to go along with Bennett and Tristan Thompson

I bet the Lakers would consider throwing Nash in the deal, but the Cavs don't really need another PG. Unless they want to send Kyrie back. I'd be ok with that.

The lakers should send Nash to someone for an expiring deal and a pick (if they can get it). Give away pau for expirings and any picks. Have Kobe sit out the year. Get wiggins and start over.

I think their plan is to get one or two big free agents next off-season with all their cap room. It might be harder to lure that type of player when you bottom out like you're suggesting.

If they are close to making the playoffs, they can sell it as "Kobe missed a bunch of time and just adding you to the mix makes us title favorites." You aren't going to get guys chasing rings (like Melo or Love) by teaming up with a rookie, even one with the hype of Wiggins.

If they knew they weren't bringing Kobe back in 2014, then they probably would just blow it up now.