Random Basketball Observations

great game

Too bad about the non calls on the Spurs last 2 possessions but no way the refs were going to make those calls in Miami with a chance to go to game 7 in the last seconds of the game.

Are you talking about the manu traveling no-call?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Tim Donaghy, Disgraced Ref:

"Ginobili is fouled on this drive, but the officials ignore the contact even though Allen was riding Ginobili the whole way to the basket. This was a pivotal missed call that essentially sealed the Spurs‘ fate. You can argue that Ginobili took too many steps on the play, but those kinds of travels are let go 15 times per game."

That doesn't make any sense. He's saying that the contact should have been called but the other thing shouldn't because they let stuff go all the time. Um..

That doesn't make any sense. He's saying that the contact should have been called but the other thing shouldn't because they let stuff go all the time. Um..

He didn't say they let stuff go all the time, he said "those kinds of travels" are let go all the time.

As it turns out, they have been letting a lot of contact at the rim go all series, which is why I'm not upset about it. But I'm not sure the non-call on the travel should be the justification for it.

• Like 1

1) LOL @ crying about traveling no calls. Like that ever gets called

2) Bosh got all ball on the last play, I don't see it as a foul

3) The play before that Manu did get mugged, but again they were letting players get mugged all game. Lebron got mugged by Green on the play right before that. I think the Reffing was consistently bad..

You know, it's interesting, I don't think refs can win. When refs call too many fouls we all bitch about them not "letting the players play" and trying to have too much impact on the game. Yet, when they DO Let the players play, we bitch about the non calls (Particularly when the calls go against our team.)> The only thing i really care about is consistency, and I think the game was called consistently.

I think the whole series has actually been officiated pretty well. I like that they're letting them play for the most part and it's helped the flow of the game. I think you're seeing a lot more talk about it after this game just because of how ridiculously close the game was. Any one of these plays called differently drastically affects it.

I hate NBA refs more than Brv hates a philandering husband but I have to agree with Whiskers that the series for the most part has been called much better than games normally are.

1) LOL @ crying about traveling no calls. Like that ever gets called

2) Bosh got all ball on the last play, I don't see it as a foul

3) The play before that Manu did get mugged, but again they were letting players get mugged all game. Lebron got mugged by Green on the play right before that. I think the Reffing was consistently bad..

You know, it's interesting, I don't think refs can win. When refs call too many fouls we all bitch about them not "letting the players play" and trying to have too much impact on the game. Yet, when they DO Let the players play, we bitch about the non calls (Particularly when the calls go against our team.)> The only thing i really care about is consistency, and I think the game was called consistently.

Bosh got him with the body. No way they will call that or should they really but early in the game that is called a foul.

Green did a great job on that play on Lebron and got all ball while getting out of the way of the freight train.

The reason that the call should have been made when Manu was driving was that he came across his arm which gave him no chance to get the ball up for a shot. It should have been called but that didn't decide the game and I understand why it wasn't.

Nice game by Bosh, tho. I can't imagine how much he'd have been ripped if the heat lost

He played okay other than the whole didn't score thing.