Strategy For Tilt's New Bonus

I never said I was gooooot at bankroll management. But the fact is he wont clear much if any of that bonus playing .05/.10. Unless he plays 24/7. $250 should be plenty to play on at .10/.25
How does time matter at all?
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said I was gooooot at bankroll management. But the fact is he wont clear much if any of that bonus playing .05/.10. Unless he plays 24/7. $250 should be plenty to play on at .10/.25
Yeah, well technically $250 is good enough to play 3/6...go play that then.The point is playing a level where he doesn't have to risk BR ruin just to clear a bonus.
I never said I was gooooot at bankroll management
$250 should be plenty to play on at .10/.25
I love how both these statements come from the same post.
I love how both these statements come from the same post.
Yeah, "You'll be fine if you can get K9 to hold" would have made for the complete trifecta.
Sorry, but no.
Yeah, well technically $250 is good enough to play 3/6...go play that then.The point is playing a level where he doesn't have to risk BR ruin just to clear a bonus.
^^^This
You would've been better off telling him to multiaccount, prob could've given him some good tips too
Who is that ginger in your avatar? I think I like her.
I suppose if I activate this bonus it will affect my rakeback somehow?? (rakerobber.com)
Sorry...just found my answer in another thread..This is from Suited Up:
It does, but you still make more with the bonus than without.Basically if you got $100, they will take that out of your MGR, so you pay 27% of it. So you lose $27 against rakeback, but you get $100 plus whatever other rakeback above the 27.

so what is the best way to clear this 100$ bonus for us guys with around $150 to work with. I've been playing 9 max .25/.50 LHE and if I could put more hands in it seems to be profitable. I don't know the point rate I am earning though.Any thoughts?

maybe he means short-stack .10/.25 or .25/.50?you could buy in for .10/.25 with 10 and play tight i think, but i dunno, i moslty play live where there are no bonuses and rakeback *sigh
so what is the best way to clear this 100$ bonus for us guys with around $150 to work with. I've been playing 9 max .25/.50 LHE and if I could put more hands in it seems to be profitable. I don't know the point rate I am earning though.Any thoughts?
With Full Tilt's new added features you can now see how many Full Tilt points you're earning. On the right side of the lobby there is a FTP Points Odometer that keeps track of how many points you have earned.

I think I might try O8 for a bit and see how that works. If I start running into trouble I'll bail and try 10NL. I know lots of people have suggested LHE but it is probably my worst game.Thanks for the input.

So I had a bankroll of about $95 to start the day today. Over the course of the day, I've won about $90... but I've only cleared about $2 worth of bonus money.I think I'm doing it wrong.
The main purpose of the bonus is to get people to play higher limits out of their bankroll so they go broke trying to clear it. I just completely ignore the bonus and play normally. I figure if I am lucky I will clear maybe $50

Oh yeah, it's brilliant business strategery no doubt about it. Free money, come and get it! All you have to do is play more poker than you're used to, at stakes higher than you're used to, within a specified period of time, and we'll release your free money bit by bit.

cleared mine earlier today, but still finished -$$ after the bonus, but that was just variance. i really wouldnt go out of your way trying to clear a bonus

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to have the energy for this. Last night I 3-tabled .05-.10 PLO8 for almost 2 hours, made a small profit, and cleared about $2 of bonus. At that pace I could clear about $10/week, which would get me $40 of the $100. But it also requires putting about 3x as much money on the table at once as I'm used to, playing a game that is not my best. I'll most likely give up after the first $10 and just go back to my regular game.

If you fail to clear the thing, they'll still give you a proration. You're basically getting a discount on your rake, capped at $x. If you actually play and beat LO8 or SH LHE or 50 tables at once, great, get in as many +EV hands as you can, but don't worry about it if you can't beat or aren't rolled for a game you feel would clear more of it.

If you fail to clear the thing, they'll still give you a proration. You're basically getting a discount on your rake, capped at $x. If you actually play and beat LO8 or SH LHE or 50 tables at once, great, get in as many +EV hands as you can, but don't worry about it if you can't beat or aren't rolled for a game you feel would clear more of it.
Engrish, muthafukka...DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?!

You earn 1 point per dollar raked, which, at 6max, you're paying 1/6 of. You clear .06$ of bonus for each point you earn, i.e. each 1/6 $ you pay. So you get back $0.6 for every $0.1666 you pay, which isn't much better than rakeback, unless I'm too high/tired/poorly educated to have run than right in my head, which is almost a certainty So it's not like some gigantic prize. It's slightly better rakeback, capped at a pretty low figure for most of us anyway. Don't risk your roll or gamble in bad spots for the opportunity to take a discount on the rake, that's not a lot more than the one you probably already have.

You earn 1 point per dollar raked, which, at 6max, you're paying 1/6 of. You clear .06$ of bonus for each point you earn, i.e. each 1/6 $ you pay. So you get back $0.6 for every $0.1666 you pay, which isn't much better than rakeback, unless I'm too high/tired/poorly educated to have run than right in my head, which is almost a certainty So it's not like some gigantic prize. It's slightly better rakeback, capped at a pretty low figure for most of us anyway. Don't risk your roll or gamble in bad spots for the opportunity to take a discount on the rake, that's not a lot more than the one you probably already have.
Mr. Wallace says Thank You.