Flintsword Qualifies For The Wpt Cyprus Classic ! !

:club::ts:4h I have just won a $12,500 package to play in the WPT Cyprus Classic Sept. 6th-9th :5c:3h:qh If you look deep into the FCP forum archives :D you will see that in April 2007 I qualified for the WPT Paris Grand Prix ... unfortunately the French government caused problems :D and the WPT cancelled the event.FullTiltPoker forced me ... really twisted my arm :3h to take the $16,000 in cash.Friday I won a 17-player $20 ReBuy (total cost $40) to win a $322 entry to the WPT Cyprus Qualifier today, Saturday July 25th. :4h I sit into this $322 WPT Qualifier and recognize waaaaaaay too many names and Gold Jerseys :jh but get to work :D Half way through I put on the rail Martin Klaeser :D and since he is a FullTiltPoker "Red Pro" ... I get a cool T-Shirt and $200. B)I manage to make the final table in very good shape. Luckily, Shaun Deeb (tedsfishfry) is to my right (Whew!) but I was avoiding him like the plague anyways :ts .Long story made short ... I won the package. :5c and (no surprise) Shaun Deeb won the other. To say I am deliriously happy is an understatement.I know this sounds (it is :qh ) like a brag post, but the point is the following:I could not have won this package without the brilliant poker commentary I read on a regular basis on FullContactPoker. Thanks Guys !!If you guys want, I will post daily updates when I am in Cyprus ... :club: ... hoping it is more than one post!
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet give them hell man good luck

I hope you're a dude. Actually I hope you're a chick based on your emoticons. My point is, I'm pretty sure they don't chicks play poker in Cyprus.

Congrats. Always amazing to win the satellite AND actually seal the deal in the big qualifier.Also, paging Harry Demitriou (or however you spell it). I am pretty sure he was adamant last year that the WPT is in the wrong to hold an event on North Cyprus because it is a military dictatorship that displaced Cyprots. Something like that. So be careful in North Cyprus. Might be a rough place.Also, win big.

Congratulations, Yves.In your post, you sound humble and surprised that you won the spot. You can play and you've proven it. All of the other "names" that you've just mentioned are just people and they get two hole cards just like you.Be confident, and do well in the main event.

I hope for your sake that there are a lot of Greek and Turkish players in the tourney. I've been playing some online games in Turkish Lira recently and other than being called an iddiott Canadian and a Malaka I've enjoyed it.

I hope you're a dude. Actually I hope you're a chick based on your emoticons. My point is, I'm pretty sure they don't chicks play poker in Cyprus.
Am a "dude" and as for the smilies ... it's a sickness :club: Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.
I hope for your sake that there are a lot of Greek and Turkish players in the tourney. I've been playing some online games in Turkish Lira recently and other than being called an iddiott Canadian and a Malaka I've enjoyed it.
play money games right?

wtg. gl and tid :D :D :D:club::ts:4h:5c:3h:qh:jh:D :D :D :D :club::ts:4h:5c:3h:qh:jh:qc:3d:7s Have fun :D

Question: when you are playing at the same table with some of these guys that have already made names for themselves , do you find yourself playing different. tighter. that sort of thing, i treat everyone the same but they are all no names , if fluff was at my table i am sure it would change the way i play , daniel at my table , wow , not sure i could handle that.

Question: when you are playing at the same table with some of these guys that have already made names for themselves , do you find yourself playing different. tighter. that sort of thing, I treat everyone the same but they are all no names , if fluff was at my table i am sure it would change the way i play , daniel at my table , wow , not sure i could handle that.
I get a lot of flack from my poker friends for my desire to have very tough poker players in my tournaments. I want to improve my play, and that is not going to happen playing the living dead :club: ... I get to play THOSE guys qualifying for this $322 entry fee event.I was playing my cards and position while keeping my eye on the name players ... they can do anything.I rarely bluff and I also have this nifty 5-acre parcel of land in Florida I am willing to sell you for really very little :ts In this tournament, playing too loose is a death warrant unless you can let go of a lot of hands. There were a lot of Gold Jerseys playing (FTOPS winners ...) but no surprise the better players were the chip leaders ... and I respect pyramids of chips, no matter who is behind them ... Shaun Deeb or some random caffeinated squirrel :qh I won $200 + what-I-guess-will-be a nifty T-shirt for beating a "red Pro" from FullTiltPoker, a player named Martin Klaeser not by respecting him, but by having a better hand. I min raised to look like I was trying to force him off the hand, he went all in ... unfortunately for Mr. Klaeser I had a boat B) ... I admit to being overly proud of that hand :3h . That is my first "red Pro" shirt :)As for 'tedsfishfry' which I believe is Shaun Deeb, I was avoiding him like the plague. That said, when we were both on the final table, I got lucky and had him on my right. Position has become an important part of my game the more I listen to the videos on www.PokerVT.com. When I did raise Shaun Deebs blind ... and you HAVE to when you are down to four then three handed ... I ALWAYS had a hand ... that guy plays scary.The last time I won a WPT Qualifier (April 2007 which was cancelled by the WPT :5c ) There were some really good players there, but nothing like this one ... this was a God-damned monster show but I play my cards and try not to make mistakes.They are going to reraise you and sometimes they have air, but sooner or later they can also make a mistake. Meanwhile ... I fold to reraises. The flip side of that is I bagged a number of players that reraised my AA and ended up on the rail :4h To answer your question how I play when name players are there: "I find myself playing carefully and well but not sacrificing aggression dictated by your hand." That means if you have KJ UTg ... most of the time you dump it because if this type of player even starts to suspect that you are slinging inferior hands, you ARE getting raised and sooner or later get Kvorked.Hope this helps :jh
:club::ts:4h I have just won a $12,500 package to play in the WPT Cyprus Classic Sept. 6th-9th :5c:3h:qh If you look deep into the FCP forum archives :D you will see that in April 2007 I qualified for the WPT Paris Grand Prix ... unfortunately the French government caused problems :D and the WPT cancelled the event.FullTiltPoker forced me ... really twisted my arm :3h to take the $16,000 in cash.Friday I won a 17-player $20 ReBuy (total cost $40) to win a $322 entry to the WPT Cyprus Qualifier today, Saturday July 25th. :4h I sit into this $322 WPT Qualifier and recognize waaaaaaay too many names and Gold Jerseys :jh but get to work :D Half way through I put on the rail Martin Klaeser :D and since he is a FullTiltPoker "Red Pro" ... I get a cool T-Shirt and $200. B) I manage to make the final table in very good shape. Luckily, Shaun Deeb (tedsfishfry) is to my right (Whew!) but I was avoiding him like the plague anyways :ts .Long story made short ... I won the package. :5c and (no surprise) Shaun Deeb won the other. To say I am deliriously happy is an understatement.I know this sounds (it is :qh ) like a brag post, but the point is the following:I could not have won this package without the brilliant poker commentary I read on a regular basis on FullContactPoker. Thanks Guys !!If you guys want, I will post daily updates when I am in Cyprus ... :club: ... hoping it is more than one post!
^^^Def BKiCe in 3 yrs