**official** Environmentalists Do The Dumbest Things Thread

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I mean what do you expect? they were made up entirely of fossil fuels!

You spelled Jesus wrong.   #shotsfired

Well it seems the tables have been turned. Someone released a whole bunch of private documents from the Heartland Institute, one the major anti-climate-change organizations. Story here:http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastro...te-change-spin/Great quote from one of the documents: Principals and teachers are heavily biased toward the alarmist perspective. To counter this we are considering launching an effort to develop alternative materials for K-12 classrooms. We are pursuing a proposal from Dr. David Wojick to produce a global warming curriculum for K-12 schools. Dr. Wojick is a consultant with the office of Scientific and Technical Information at the U.S. Department of Energy in the area of information and communication science. His effort effort will focus on providing curriculum that shows that the topic of climate change is controversial and uncertain – two key points that are effective at dissuading teachers from teaching science.Nice.
I think you mean "nice forgery". Paul Harvey time....http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/eth...qjTR_story.html

Two recent reports on the climate change front, that I'm too lazy to find links for.First, scientists think that the reason there has been no warming for the last ten years is because China is burning so much sulfur with their greenhouse gases. Sulfur tends to suppress the effects of warming, so China basically offset their own warming effect and then some. China has recently adopted stricter standards on sulfur emissions, so this study predicted that as those laws take effect warming will resume.The second story was that scientists found that cloud cover has gone lower over the decade. This causes the Earth to cool faster. There is a possibility that this is a natural feedback loop in the Earth's atmosphere that could offset any greenhouse warming for a long time. This was the early stages of this study, and has not been incorporated into models, so there is quite a bit of uncertainty, but it appears to hold up for as long as they have accurate data.

And a link to a video explaining "Fakegate", for those not wanting to put out the effort to read the Washington Post article on the faked Heartland Institute documents:http://www.kusi.com/video?clipId=6777499&autostart=trueLawsuits may follow. Pass the popcorn!
not a big suprise, just another lefty wingnut...hard to believe a scientist from California would be a crazy tree hugger.
You are slowly morphing into a republican. Welcome.
I turned my 14 year old into a conservative just the other day (she had been starting to have some troubling left wing leanings based on what they were telling her in school). All I had to do was show her my T4 slip for the year and explain where the income tax deduction was going, and how the more you made, the more you paid. She was horrified. Mission accomplished! :club:
I turned my 14 year old into a conservative just the other day (she had been starting to have some troubling left wing leanings based on what they were telling her in school). All I had to do was show her my T4 slip for the year and explain where the income tax deduction was going, and how the more you made, the more you paid. She was horrified. Mission accomplished! :club:
Was that the school that your taxes paid for?
Yeah, it's amazing the inferior things the govt makes us pay for.
Yeah, it's amazing the inferior things the govt makes us pay for.
Just seems like a missing piece of the kid's lesson to not tell him what the money is being spent on, regardless of whether you want to insult his school in the process.Anyways, you don't have to try too hard to turn your kids into conservatives, it's genetic.
Just seems like a missing piece of the kid's lesson to not tell him what the money is being spent on, regardless of whether you want to insult his school in the process.Anyways, you don't have to try too hard to turn your kids into conservatives, it's genetic.
You're just trying to sway my opinion on abortion by suggesting we can kill liberals before they spread their disease by abortions based on genetic presupposition.It won't work, I even support liberals right to be born.Now, if they would just grow up.
You're just trying to sway my opinion on abortion by suggesting we can kill liberals before they spread their disease by abortions based on genetic presupposition.It won't work, I even support liberals right to be born.Now, if they would just grow up.
You've been saving that one, haven't you?
Unfortunately, yes, I am sure some portion of the gross (disgusting gross, not accounting gross) amount of income tax I pay goes toward that, in addition to all the other school fees I get to pay over and above that amount.I am glad I straightened her out before I had to go hunting around for a private school which does not blindly shill all the GW propaganda. Hopefully some do exist if she relapses.I guess maybe I should not deny her the liberal experience, as someone once told me that if you were not a liberal when young, you had no heart, whereas if you were not a conservative when old, you had no brain.I already know she has a good heart and a good brain, so I think I will just skip the nonsense. :club:
  • 6 months later...

Looks like we're going to need to break out those "The earth is entering a new ice age" books again.

Lol. I like how you conveniently forget to mention that the Arctic ice got completely annihilated this year and that Antarctica is far less important than the Arctic when assessing the impact of Global warming.

http://www.skeptical...gaining-ice.htm

You also forgot to mention that we've had record heat waves, droughts and flooding in the last few years and it seems that scientists have actually underestimated how sensitive the planet is to warming.

Lol. I like how you conveniently forget to mention that the Arctic ice got completely annihilated this year and that Antarctica is far less important than the Arctic when assessing the impact of Global warming.

http://www.skeptical...gaining-ice.htm

The

You also forgot to mention that we've had record heat waves, droughts and flooding in the last few years and it seems that scientists have actually underestimated how sensitive the planet is to warming.

The last few years!!!! So you are extrapolating a few year trend on a time line of a few billion years. By the way, the 1500s were the warmest as far as we can tell. Wat did humans do to cause that, or wat measures were taking by the people of the day to reverse the trend which occured in the 1600s

The last few years!!!! So you are extrapolating a few year trend on a time line of a few billion years. By the way, the 1500s were the warmest as far as we can tell. Wat did humans do to cause that, or wat measures were taking by the people of the day to reverse the trend which occured in the 1600s

I'm not extrapolating. I'm pointing out that the last few years confirm that the several century long warming trend is greatly accelerating, as predicted by climate models.

And by the way, the "medieval warming period was warmer" is a myth.

http://www.skeptical...warm-period.htm

However, the models are likely to be wrong in some ways. They actually seem to have underestimated how sensitive the earth is to warming. They did not predict all of these extreme climate events this early. The models have also been wildly wrong about arctic ice melt. The Arctic is melting 100 years ahead of schedule.

Many of the models do not include feedback effects because they can be difficult to model. Some of the better models are showing that climate destruction will be far worse than predicted by the IPCC.

http://web.mit.edu/n...lette-0519.html

This book probably overstates things, but read it if you want to get an idea of how bad things can get. The tens of billions of dollars in damage caused by global warming in the last couple years is just the tip of the iceburg.

http://www.wundergro...vere/severe.asp

http://www.amazon.co...words=6 degrees