**official** Environmentalists Do The Dumbest Things Thread

Every time there was snow in April, some jackass would point it out as evidence that climate change is a myth. I would like people who believe in that nonsense to consider this:http://news.yahoo.com/heat-wave-wintry-sta...-083604332.html
this shit pisses me off to no end. two winters ago when we had all that snow, I couldn't scroll through two statuses on my facebook feed without seeing "wonder what al gore thinks about this!" or "so much for that global warming stuff huh!" yet not a single god damn one saying anything in the two summers since with ridiculously high temps. I mean, I don't even care whether or not you "believe" in global warming, but for christ's sake, at least be consistant in your idiocy.
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I mean what do you expect? they were made up entirely of fossil fuels!

You spelled Jesus wrong.   #shotsfired

Every time there was snow in April, some jackass would point it out as evidence that climate change is a myth. I would like people who believe in that nonsense to consider this:http://news.yahoo.com/heat-wave-wintry-sta...-083604332.html
White Earthquake in Chilehttp://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/07/...html?hpt=hp_bn2
this shit pisses me off to no end. two winters ago when we had all that snow, I couldn't scroll through two statuses on my facebook feed without seeing "wonder what al gore thinks about this!" or "so much for that global warming stuff huh!" yet not a single god damn one saying anything in the two summers since with ridiculously high temps. I mean, I don't even care whether or not you "believe" in global warming, but for christ's sake, at least be consistant in your idiocy.
agreed.
New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmismand better Arctic scientist under investigationJUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — Just five years ago, Charles Monnett was one of the scientists whose observation that several polar bears had drowned in the Arctic Ocean helped galvanize the global warming movement.Now, the wildlife biologist is on administrative leave and facing accusations of scientific misconduct.The federal agency where he works told him he was on leave pending the results of an investigation into "integrity issues." A watchdog group believes it has to do with the 2006 journal article about the bear, but a source familiar with the investigation said late Thursday that placing Monnett on leave had nothing to with scientific integrity or the article.
Already been covered in detail. Start with post 454.
Or better yet, don't follow the link, since I'll recap it here:SS: Every single real scientist on the planet earth hates the guy who wrote that, and the institute that wrote that is the single greatest manifestation of evil this world has ever seen!!1!1!!!!@!!brv: ...SS: IDIOT!brv: I understand that this argument will never end. I've read your debate with vb. So let's just leave it at that./scene
http://news.yahoo.com/50-states-see-record...-173203227.htmlYou guys can apologize to Al Gore however you see fit.
Cool, so you are now allowing that the current and or recent temperature is the only data needed to justify the reality of global warming? Which will come in handy when we quote temperatures lower than normal his coming winter.While ignoring the fact that every 'record' that was just broken was set before global warming was an issue, showing that high temperatures do not in fact mean anything except that it is hot.Reminds me of a Tom Clancy novel where a stupid lawyer tries to discredit a person's claim to assume a political office. By filing the motion with the court, he in fact actually makes the case that this person is in fact the person who by law must fill this empty position. They other lawyers says: "He never was a very good lawyer."
Cool, so you are now allowing that the current and or recent temperature is the only data needed to justify the reality of global warming? Which will come in handy when we quote temperatures lower than normal his coming winter.While ignoring the fact that every 'record' that was just broken was set before global warming was an issue, showing that high temperatures do not in fact mean anything except that it is hot.
I think he was just mocking people who use current weather conditions to doubt climate change.
1.Cool, so you are now allowing that the current and or recent temperature is the only data needed to justify the reality of global warming? Which will come in handy when we quote temperatures lower than normal his coming winter.2.While ignoring the fact that every 'record' that was just broken was set before global warming was an issue, showing that high temperatures do not in fact mean anything except that it is hot.
1.Feel free to quote all the record lows you want this winter. I'm willing to bet there will be a lot less, maybe none at all. 2.That is not true. A lot of those records were set in the last 20 years. As for the ones that weren't, it's called variance. Look it up. Despite yearly/weekly/daily temperature fluctuations, the long term trend is clear. The last decade was the hottest decade in recorded history- exactly what you would expect if global warming were happening. This year is just more of the same.
I think he was just mocking people who use current weather conditions to doubt climate change.
I don't think he is though....
1.Feel free to quote all the record lows you want this winter. I'm willing to bet there will be a lot less, maybe none at all. 2.That is not true. A lot of those records were set in the last 20 years. As for the ones that weren't, it's called variance. Look it up. Despite yearly/weekly/daily temperature fluctuations, the long term trend is clear. The last decade was the hottest decade in recorded history- exactly what you would expect if global warming were happening. This year is just more of the same.
I don't think he is though....
You have an amazing ability to misrepresent or misinterpret anything I say. I'll graciously clarify just for you.It gets hot in the summer/cold in the winter is an incredibly stupid way to assess the probability of global warming. The only people dumb enough to use this approach are some global warming deniers. However, record high after record high after record high after record high after record high after record high is valid evidence for global warming. At some point all of those records can't be happening through natural variance. Each individual record high is not proof of global warming, but they do provide a useful daily reminder to all the deniers out there that they are being dishonest about the evidence.
You have an amazing ability to misrepresent or misinterpret anything I say. I'll graciously clarify just for you.It gets hot in the summer/cold in the winter is an incredibly stupid way to assess the probability of global warming. The only people dumb enough to use this approach are some global warming deniers. However, record high after record high after record high after record high after record high after record high is valid evidence for global warming. At some point all of those records can't be happening through natural variance. Each individual record high is not proof of global warming, but they do provide a useful daily reminder to all the deniers out there that they are being dishonest about the evidence.
Sometimes I think people forget the earth is made up of two hemispheres. South America experienced one of its coldest winters on record last year. Also, look at December 2010 for the U.S, there were 336 record lows set compared to 19 record highs. February of this year:compday.72.101.242.83.212.16.6.42.gifThat is a huge cold span for an entire month.Furthermore, the winter of 2007-2008 was the coldest winter in almost a decade for the entire globe. I understanding using specific months, seasons or even years is somewhat pointless since they can be simple deviations from the norm. But to say "record high after record high is being set" is enough evidence for global warming is being somewhat ignorant given the U.S is a relatively small region of the world, and the sample years you're using to determine this is small in comparison. This winter was freezing in the U.S, two years ago it was freezing, and last summer in the plains temperatures were below average. Does that mean given all the cool winters of late is enough evidence to counter global warming? Of course not.I'm not denying climate change or even global warming doesn't exist because I believe it does (whether it's the cyclical pattern of the earth or human-induced I really have no opinion on). But there's plenty of evidence out there to counter believers of global warming. Also, using 100-150 years of data to dictate whether global warming exists seems kind of silly as well.edit: And you really have to be skeptical of the technology and record keeping we had to determine temperatures 60-100 years ago. Not every small town America had state-of-the-art technology to accurately take the day and night time temperatures every day. So when a town with 1200 people in it reports a record high today, you're not really sure if they had higher temperatures during the 1936 heat wave, or even the 1980 heat wave.
Think? ow.
WellllllYou do have one of your side's greatest minds defending you position that you now claim to have said in jest....
I'm not denying climate change or even global warming doesn't exist because I believe it does. But there's plenty of evidence out there to counter believers of global warming. Also, using 100-150 years of data to dictate whether global warming exists seems kind of silly as well.
You're talking to the wrong group. It is overwhelmingly global warming deniers who conflate local temperatures with global averages. Scientists use millions of years worth of data. The last 100 years of temperature data is of course more reliable than what came before. As for evidence, give me some specific examples.
A lot of those records were set in the last 20 years.
Scientists use millions of years worth of data.
99234615.jpg
99234615.jpg
I don't know what he was saying, but surely a million-year record could be set within the last 20 years. Brvheart vs SilentSnow in a logic fight... someone help me out with an analogy here.
Brvheart vs SilentSnow in a logic fight... someone help me out with an analogy here.
Just because I believe in a higher power doesn't give you the right to question my extraordinary logic skills.Also: The reoccurring problem with SS is how confident that he is in an.y.thing. he says including, but certainly not limited to the fact, that the last 20 years are the hottest ever, all the while saying that millions of years of data is (and should be) used by the, now infamous, "real" scientists. And just for good measure, he says that temps from as recently as 100 years ago are unreliable.
I don't know what he was saying, but surely a million-year record could be set within the last 20 years.
Surely. Except for the fact that we already know that it's not nearly as hot as it was, according to real scientists, when the dinosaurs were around and the entire planet was a huge rain forest.
Surely. Except for the fact that we already know that it's not nearly as hot as it was, according to real scientists, when the dinosaurs were around and the entire planet was a huge rain forest.
You mean 4,000 years ago?