• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSN says the offer is from Boston, Phil Kessel for Kaberle and the 7th overall. Personally, I can't see Toronto doing that, it would be too much of an overpayment. They could just wait for July 1st and sign him to an offer sheet, give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year which wouldn't amount to the value of Kaberle and the #7 overall, especially in this draft.
This one caught me really by surprise, I didn't think it'd be Boston at all, or more specifically Kessel. With Kessel starting to break out I can understand it, from a value standpoint, I just would think that Chiarelli would do anything he could to lock up the kid. But certainly the #7 and Kaberle would be worth it, IMO. Almost a little too much for Toronto. Will be exciting (hopefully) to see what goes down.
This one caught me really by surprise, I didn't think it'd be Boston at all, or more specifically Kessel. With Kessel starting to break out I can understand it, from a value standpoint, I just would think that Chiarelli would do anything he could to lock up the kid. But certainly the #7 and Kaberle would be worth it, IMO. Almost a little too much for Toronto. Will be exciting (hopefully) to see what goes down.
The word now is that it's Kessel for Kaberle straight up, the #7 would not be involved in the deal. That makes more sense for Toronto (great sense, actually), but now I don't get why Boston would do this unless they're utterly convinced that they can't get Kessel under contract by July 1st (cue about 29 offer sheets).

latest rumour has niskanen and the 8th heading to the leafs for kaberle. i personally would jump on that if i were burke, gives him the arrow to move up and try and get tavares at 2 if the isles do take hedman

Apparently the Islanders lobbied haaaaaaaaaaaaard for TSN to put a live camera at Nassau Coliseum for the announcement of the #1 overall, once again, something you don't do if you're going to rip 22,000 people's guts out when you don't take their guy. Tavares #1 is in the books.

latest rumour has niskanen and the 8th heading to the leafs for kaberle. i personally would jump on that if i were burke, gives him the arrow to move up and try and get tavares at 2 if the isles do take hedman
thats an interesting one. Maybe the most believable of all the offers Ive heard, and maybe, best deal possible for Kaberle. Even if they dont flip it, not a bad pick to have, and with Niskanen, a nice package for TK. But Id hold out for Kessel if I could get him.And as an aside, offer sheets are the strangest of beasts. There is no real rhyme or reason to who gets one and why. There is so much politics behind the scenes of if you should/why you shouldnt/going against some kind of honour system, that I could totally see Kessel and other players getting absolutely nothing, while some other random player does, just because 1 GM likes him, and that 1 GM doesnt care who he pisses off.
Apparently the Islanders lobbied haaaaaaaaaaaaard for TSN to put a live camera at Nassau Coliseum for the announcement of the #1 overall, once again, something you don't do if you're going to rip 22,000 people's guts out when you don't take their guy. Tavares #1 is in the books.
still my bet too. Id be absolutely floored if it didnt happen.
thats an interesting one. Maybe the most believable of all the offers Ive heard, and maybe, best deal possible for Kaberle. Even if they dont flip it, not a bad pick to have, and with Niskanen, a nice package for TK. But Id hold out for Kessel if I could get him.And as an aside, offer sheets are the strangest of beasts. There is no real rhyme or reason to who gets one and why. There is so much politics behind the scenes of if you should/why you shouldnt/going against some kind of honour system, that I could totally see Kessel and other players getting absolutely nothing, while some other random player does, just because 1 GM likes him, and that 1 GM doesnt care who he pisses off.
Niskanen has problems playing D but can definitely put up points. He is a work in progress. Supposely Boston is now offering a draft pick. Today and July 1st will be very interesting days as a Leaf fan.

I mean to be fair, we (US) are pretty stoked about how our soccer team has been performing in the Confed. Cup. And that team does have a lot of unsung heroes so-to-speak, so it's not the craziest guess in the world if you didn't know. Rubio's agent is just LOL though.

Awesome, my home state is the only one that got it right. Even internationally (including Canada) they currently don't have it right.Edit:And thanks to Zach probably International moved to the green. :club:
I didn't vote. I didn't even notice the international thing until just now.To be fair, it's a loaded question. Hockey fans don't go to ESPN, they've figured it out by now that ESPN is not their best source for hockey news, etc. So there's an immediate imbalance between the % of hockey fans at ESPN.com, and the % of hockey fans among all sports fans, imo.
Eric Duhatschek says: "Almost everyone here thinks Matt Duchene is going to go No. 1 to the Isles now" :club:
Are the isles really gonna f..k this up? Even if all three players are equal, you have to take Tavares. It could save the franchise from a marketing standpoint alone. They need to put people in the seats. Tavares will do that, Hedman and Duchene alone will not
I didn't vote. I didn't even notice the international thing until just now.To be fair, it's a loaded question. Hockey fans don't go to ESPN, they've figured it out by now that ESPN is not their best source for hockey news, etc. So there's an immediate imbalance between the % of hockey fans at ESPN.com, and the % of hockey fans among all sports fans, imo.
ESPN is an absolute joke. They invented the phrase " Sports sensationalism " . The whole network has absolutely been obsessed with NBA draft. Talking about the same thing over and over. Whatever time leftover is for baseball and the NFL (even this time of year you have a dozen nightly shows dedicated to the league). That is it. The network knows nothing else
Eric Duhatschek says: "Almost everyone here thinks Matt Duchene is going to go No. 1 to the Isles now" :club:
Isles must have figured out that Duchene is a Big M and decided they want to draft a winner.
pronger to the flyers?
Really hoping this is a bogus rumor.Dreger says he got two sources to confirm it though, so who knows.The only thing, is that adding Pronger definitely takes away some of their offensive depth, as Hartnell or Lupul definitely have to be going the other way.

Not only does it suck for the 'Donks, but it makes Philly infinitely tougher to play for the Penguins.At least I don't have to cheer for Flyers' players on game nights anymore, heh.Adding Lupul gives the Ducks a chance at actually having a decent 2nd line, maybe, so could be a decent thing for him, as long as the Ducks play some FCHL games.