• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Burke/Murray dialogue but I missed the Burke/Gainey discussion. what was said, I need to know.
You have to see the video to appreciate it, if you ever had to negotiate with someone, or even try to talk somone into giving off a tell in poker, its a classic exchange no matter how short in words:Burke: Rumours are that its either you guys or the Islanders for Lecavalier....Gainey: Oh yeah? (no change in expression whatsoever)Burke: yeah (no change in expression whatsoever)Gainey: hmmm (like a sigh)both look at each other....both walk away without giving up anything else.
Kinda funny that Lupol and Pronger were traded for each other twice now. Obviously other players in both deals but just interesting none the less.
when they announced the deal, and people around said it was way too much, I said that it was Anaheim probably telling everyone "We want what we had to give up to get him"...cause I was pretty sure the original deal to the Oilers was Lupul, Smid, and 2 firsts. I didnt realize til later how close it actually was to the original Pronger deal....Lupul=LupulSbisa=Smid2 firsts= 2 firstsconditional 3rd= conditional 2ndthats a lot to give up for 1 year of Pronger. Id be suprised to find out Anaheim got similar offers from anyone else. But I still think its a very good move for Philly, sometimes you gotta overpay to get a guy you need.
You have to see the video to appreciate it, if you ever had to negotiate with someone, or even try to talk somone into giving off a tell in poker, its a classic exchange no matter how short in words:Burke: Rumours are that its either you guys or the Islanders for Lecavalier....Gainey: Oh yeah? (no change in expression whatsoever)Burke: yeah (no change in expression whatsoever)Gainey: hmmm (like a sigh)both look at each other....both walk away without giving up anything else.
awesome. Having Burke mic'd up was good call and a balsy move by Burke.here is is the Burke/Murray interaction:
awesome. Having Burke mic'd up was good call and a balsy move by Burke.here is is the Burke/Murray interaction:
I just loved the face Brian Burke had after the Kings drafted Brayden Schenn, it was ****ing fantastic.