What's So God Damn Special About The Lake?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to go to the lakes. Then I no longer dreamed of storms, nor of women , nor of great occurrences, nor of great fish, nor fights, nor contests of strength, nor of my wife. I only dreamed of plac

I used to go to the lakes. Then I no longer dreamed of storms, nor of women , nor of great occurrences, nor of great fish, nor fights, nor contests of strength, nor of my wife. I only dreamed of places now and of the lions on the GOOOAAAL. They played like young cats in the dusk and I loved them as I loved the girl.Why did they make birds so delicate and fine as those lake swallows when the lake can be so cruel, I wondered? She is kind and very beautiful. But she can be so cruel and it comes so suddenly and such birds that fly, dipping and hunting, with their small sad voices are made too delicately for the lake.That or I read old man and the sea at some point when I was young, and have incorporated it into my memory of life.
sometimes a thing is true at first light and a lie by noon and you have no more respect for it than for the lovely, perfect weed-fringed lake you see across the sun-baked salt plain. you have walked across that plain in the morning and you know that no such lake is there. but now it is there absolutely true, beautiful and believable.
If you live in Chicago, and you specific which lake you're going to, you're liable to get your ass kicked.It's pretty damn clear which lake you mean.
Fox Lake, right? or Crystal Lake? or let's push it, Lake in the Hills?
Fox Lake, right? or Crystal Lake? or let's push it, Lake in the Hills?
I think Kurt was talking about Lake Arlington, duhhhhhhh
I think Kurt was talking about Lake Arlington, duhhhhhhh
dammit how stupid can i be.(oh...stupid enough to think that the dot on the i is a spec of dust on my monitor and spend 90 seconds trying to get rid of it.)
If you live in Chicago, and you specific which lake you're going to, you're liable to get your ass kicked.It's pretty damn clear which lake you mean.
the only decent post/reply in this thread.
I live next to a giant lake and everyone says "the lake", myself included. Infact I was on the the lake yesterday. Fun times.
good old lake Simcoe where the perch is plenty lol, get any fishing in Gov?
good old lake Simcoe where the perch is plenty lol, get any fishing in Gov?
Yeah that's the only reason I go out. It was too windy out there to cross over in to pike territory, had to settle for perch and other panfish. Bass season opens saturday though.
Yeah that's the only reason I go out. It was too windy out there to cross over in to pike territory, had to settle for perch and other panfish. Bass season opens saturday though.
for bass I head more north into Orillia or into Lake of Bays area, even further north for Muskie lol
for bass I head more north into Orillia or into Lake of Bay area, even further north for Muskie lol
Well whatever you want to catch you can target in simcoe which is nice because it's so conviently close to me. My biggest issue is that there is so much boat traffic being so close to the GTA. It's not my preferred lake but it's in my backyard so I'm going to use it.
Can this thread be deleted? I cant get into why, but it makes me very upset with myself.
It's amazing how quickly it went from a joke to an actual lake discussion.