Check Raising The Devil

Maybe try Amazon.com?I'm 10 chapters in now. So far Mike has went on a nasty losing streak where he refused to go down in limits and almost went busto, then backed Scotty Nyguen in Scotty's WSOP win in 98 (Cus he had an 'intense dream' that Scotty would win), won his own first braclet in Omaha, almost got mugged for his winnings (That he took in cash!), is building his roll back up and has just tried ecstacy for the first time to aleviate is depression....It's funny and kinda heartbreaking at the same time. You gotta feel for the guy as you read about his ups and downs.

In order for mike to have a bunch of "hot chics" around, my guess would have to be they were paid, by either cash or dope.
theres something wrong with that?
I was looking forward to this when I heard about it...then I heard the name of the book.
That title makes me want to womit.
is there a specific reason this title bugs you guys so much ??
No bookstores in Winnipeg?
yes the only one i know of is chapters but i always forget to call and see if they have it .

I'm up to chapter 14. After finally deciding to get himself clean, Mike got royally screwed over by an undercover cop who he had met at a party months earlier and pretended to be his friend, then set him up on a bogus drug trafficing charge that he ended up having to do 6 months for after a plea bargin. The guy lied his ass off on the stand and made Mike look like a freaking drug kingpin! The Ultimate Bet Aruba Classic was his last live tourney before going to jail, and he explained why he was so emotional.He also went into more detail about the confrontation he had with Raymer in the 04 WSOP.I'm really liking the book though. It's shown a side of him that we obviously don't know or have gotten to see. Not that he hasn't made his fair share of bad decisions in his life and paid the consequences for them, but it seems like his heart was in the right place and he's trying to turn it around. It's almost like the first Rocky film: you want to root for the underdog to win in the end.

He was outside the Amazon room selling and signed the book yesterday. I posted a pic from my twitter account. He was very nice and Daniel & EDOG pick up a copy also.

Finished earlier today. I thought it was a pretty good read. Mike was pretty open about his past, talking about his beginnings in poker, his drug addictions, his wasting a shitload of money sports betting, partying and taking his posse out clubbing, the events leading up to his jail time, his friends in the poker world that stuck by him through it all and his finally coming to terms with himself and seeking out the help he needed.It takes courage to put your life out there for everyone to read about. I definately have a different view of him than I had before. Not that I thought bad of him before--I always thought he was kind of amusingly annoying, but in an entertaining kind of way. Unlike, say, Shieky Shawn who is just an outright douchebag.Good to have you back in the game, Mike. We're pulling for you!

I actually stopped into my local Border's book store here to pick this up. I used the little in store PC thingy to find the ISBN # to write it down and went to ask the cashier of they had 'this' book. She looked at me like I was in a cult or something while repeating 'CHECKRAISING THE DEVIL??' with a judging glare. She informed me they do not have that particular book, but pointed to where the wicken section of the store was located. Oh well.

I actually stopped into my local Border's book store here to pick this up. I used the little in store PC thingy to find the ISBN # to write it down and went to ask the cashier of they had 'this' book. She looked at me like I was in a cult or something while repeating 'CHECKRAISING THE DEVIL??' with a judging glare. She informed me they do not have that particular book, but pointed to where the wicken section of the store was located. Oh well.
You should have shaved your head, put some dark Marylin Manson makeup on and wearing all black.....She probably would've called the cops! Or had a heart attack. :club:
You should have done thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J90GeqnGn10

best part, imo, is that Full Tilt is offering freerolls where the top 9 finishers get a free (SIGNED!) copy of the book.cross-promotion ftw.