• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we fold kings when there's a 973 out there? LOLSomeone needs to work on their hand reading
so if blinds are 10/20 and you and I have 10,000,000 chips, and you raise to 60 preflop, and I call. flop is 9h-7h-3s. You bet 100, I raise to 360, you re-raise to 1100, I shove all in for 10,000,000. Do you call!?
so if blinds are 10/20 and you and I have 10,000,000 chips, and you raise to 60 preflop, and I call. flop is 9h-7h-3s. You bet 100, I raise to 360, you re-raise to 1100, I shove all in for 10,000,000. Do you call!?
you're trying to scare me off my pocket kings, i call.
you're trying to scare me off my pocket kings, i call.
You are right, I actually hold QJo in my hand. But unfortunately for you, the turn was a K and the river was a T and you were eliminated from competition, and I was the victor, if only for one night.

thanks for the serious reply highwaystar. I am going to research andbtry to understand what every number means but I do get the percentages part of it.the rest of you who are just being assholes can just not come into this discussion and leave your sarcasm and negativity out

Why would we fold kings when there's a 973 out there? LOLSomeone needs to work on their hand reading
I was being quite serious when I wrote this. If you don't know that there are times and places to fold your overpair, then there is something wrong with your game.This is a somewhat silly thread, and you wrote it in GenPoker, where we are a WHIMSICAL bunch of people who don't take poker seriously in this section of the forum.

fargo I am not sure what I would do it depends. are we playinglive or online? have u been playing alot of suited connector type hands or been sticking to the ace kings and big pairs? have you been getting lucky lately and have I been?if you play alot of stronger hands and not so many weaker hands i would prolly put u on jacks or queens thinking u would fold nines and sevensif you played alot of hands I'd prolly fold since u are a gambler who would play a bad hand that beats me and lets face it gamblers seem to be luckier

fargo I am not sure what I would do it depends. are we playinglive or online? have u been playing alot of suited connector type hands or been sticking to the ace kings and big pairs? have you been getting lucky lately and have I been?if you play alot of stronger hands and not so many weaker hands i would prolly put u on jacks or queens thinking u would fold nines and sevensif you played alot of hands I'd prolly fold since u are a gambler who would play a bad hand that beats me and lets face it gamblers seem to be luckier
Reading this reply, I see you DO have flaws in your game. Let me break them down."are we playinglive or online?" Does this really matter? You make it sound like you are saying live and online are different in terms of online is being rigged"have u been playing alot of suited connector type hands or been sticking to the ace kings and big pairs?" Look at the facts at hand, I just 4-bet-shoved on you for 500,000 Blinds. "have you been getting lucky lately and have I been?" That has NO relevance WHATSOEVER. That is a stupid statement, and one that is not factually based. Every hand is reset, just because I hit the last 4 flush draws, does not mean I am lucky and will OBV hit the 5th as well. One's perceived luck has no bearing on the hand as it progresses."if you play alot of stronger hands and not so many weaker hands i would prolly put u on jacks or queens thinking u would fold nines and sevens" So when I am 500,000 blinds deep, I would be folding 99 and 77 to a 3bb raise? That is poor thinking on your part. No one should be doing that, and that line of thinking is likely to get YOU into trouble. Think of it this way. If I was SO tight that I would fold 77 and 99 preflop to a 3bb raise, then why int he WORLD would I be shoving 500,000 blinds with JJ or QQ on that flop??"if you played alot of hands I'd prolly fold since u are a gambler who would play a bad hand that beats me and lets face it gamblers seem to be luckier" No. Gamblers aren't "luckier." If I knew you would put 500,000 blinds in the middle with KK, I would play ANY two cards for 3 blinds, knowing you'd be willing to put in 3 blinds ahead and 499,997 blinds behind.
Reading this reply, I see you DO have flaws in your game. Let me break them down."are we playinglive or online?" Does this really matter? You make it sound like you are saying live and online are different in terms of online is being rigged"have u been playing alot of suited connector type hands or been sticking to the ace kings and big pairs?" Look at the facts at hand, I just 4-bet-shoved on you for 500,000 Blinds. "have you been getting lucky lately and have I been?" That has NO relevance WHATSOEVER. That is a stupid statement, and one that is not factually based. Every hand is reset, just because I hit the last 4 flush draws, does not mean I am lucky and will OBV hit the 5th as well. One's perceived luck has no bearing on the hand as it progresses."if you play alot of stronger hands and not so many weaker hands i would prolly put u on jacks or queens thinking u would fold nines and sevens" So when I am 500,000 blinds deep, I would be folding 99 and 77 to a 3bb raise? That is poor thinking on your part. No one should be doing that, and that line of thinking is likely to get YOU into trouble. Think of it this way. If I was SO tight that I would fold 77 and 99 preflop to a 3bb raise, then why int he WORLD would I be shoving 500,000 blinds with JJ or QQ on that flop??"if you played alot of hands I'd prolly fold since u are a gambler who would play a bad hand that beats me and lets face it gamblers seem to be luckier" No. Gamblers aren't "luckier." If I knew you would put 500,000 blinds in the middle with KK, I would play ANY two cards for 3 blinds, knowing you'd be willing to put in 3 blinds ahead and 499,997 blinds behind.
I really hope this gets a lot of love tomorrow.
:club:
:ts
strongly disagree with you on the third point. how somebody has been running is of huge relevance to how they are going to be playing.

I love that this is entitled 'age old question'. Millions of years ago, dinosaurs were always getting it in badly with no real idea of correct percentages.Early cavemen fought over theories to which hand was best... drawing or made, drawing or made, drawing or made? They asked. Throughout war, famine and disease, generation after generation have toiled over this dilemma.Then HighwayStar came in and PokerStove'd it.

I love that this is entitled 'age old question'. Millions of years ago, dinosaurs were always getting it in badly with no real idea of correct percentages.Early cavemen fought over theories to which hand was best... drawing or made, drawing or made, drawing or made? They asked. Throughout war, famine and disease, generation after generation have toiled over this dilemma.Then HighwayStar came in and PokerStove'd it.
Nothing can be typed to describe the ridiculus amount of laughter I expierenced.
Yeah i was all ready to come in and just say Mary Ann. Of course if I'm arguing over the merits of which broad to bang while I'm stuck on an island I'm not seeing the big picture here...
strongly disagree with you on the third point. how somebody has been running is of huge relevance to how they are going to be playing.
It depends in what way you choose to judge the phrasing. The way it could be "he is hitting his draws so psychologically he may have more urge to gamble, because of how good he perceives himself to be running." I believe this is what you are referring to.I took what he said as meaning "Man he is hitting everything, so the percentages have changed due to this fact," which is the general tone of players who are superstitious or believe that players are genuinely "luckier" than the rest so their flush draw is actually 50% to hit and not 36% (or whatever # or situation you would like to use)
ok so back on topic lollets say the first 3 cards comes 7 9 3 with a couple heartswould u rather have jack and ten of hearts or pocket cowboys?what if its a tourny or cash? in cash game u can rebuy if u miss ur combo draws or ur kings get cracked, tournys are one and done
what are cowboys
thanks for the serious reply highwaystar. I am going to research andbtry to understand what every number means but I do get the percentages part of it.the rest of you who are just being assholes can just not come into this discussion and leave your sarcasm and negativity out
hehehehehehehe, this soooooooo sounds like me in posts 1-15 of my brief FCP career.Everything has a grain of salt to be taken with AK. The world of online forums that i hate is actually kinda removed from this quiant little place....in that there really aren't assholes here. just idiots and morons...but those are okay!
"have u been playing alot of suited connector type hands or been sticking to the ace kings and big pairs?" Look at the facts at hand, I just 4-bet-shoved on you for 500,000 Blinds.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZ. They were all good, but this one made me truly happy. "I just four bet shoved on you for 500,000 blinds."

This type of thread is exactly what I was thinking of when I asked if FCP was dying. You guys are brilliant! You've got to admit that threads like these have been few & far between lately. Good work!

This type of thread is exactly what I was thinking of when I asked if FCP was dying. You guys are brilliant! You've got to admit that threads like these have been few & far between lately. Good work!
Actually they've been rampant as ever since new members are taking over the board.