Playoff Brackets

Is there any interest in a brackets bet? Something like 1 point for first round winners, 2 points for 2nd round winners, 3 for 3rd, and 4 for picking the cup winner. Also does anyone smart want to set it up?

I'd be in for that.Could maybe ask Gallo or King? Don't they make BFF brackets all the time? They might have a website/program for this kind of thing.

innnIt's hard to do a true bracket pool though, since they re-seed every round no?
Harder because you cant be sure youre going to get the later round matchups that you like, and it would tend to push picks toward the favorites...but fewer ties with the 2 round and the other Conference championship hard to nail even if you have the ultimate winner.

there has to be some site that is offering some sort of bracket pool..We can just piggy back on it.

i think this should be a cheap one...Free isnt fun though..but $10???Ideally we should get as many as possible..Can post in general too as non hockey fans might join.

Why not just keep it to us, and have players enter their second round choices when the second round is about to begin? We could even do it like the SnG, where everyone picks the first round winners, and the number of games.... you get points for the winner, and points for the correct number of games. Top 50% of the field move to round two and pick again. Etc, etc.

Why not just keep it to us, and have players enter their second round choices when the second round is about to begin? We could even do it like the SnG, where everyone picks the first round winners, and the number of games.... you get points for the winner, and points for the correct number of games. Top 50% of the field move to round two and pick again. Etc, etc.
I actually ran this exact pool from like Grade 6 through 1st or 2nd year university.We did the following scoring:First Round Team Correct - 2 pointsFirst Round Number of Games Correct - 2 pointsSecond Round Team Correct - 3 pointsSecond Round Number of Games Correct - 2 pointsThird Round Team Correct - 4 pointsThird Round Number of Games Correct - 2 pointsFinals Team Correct - 5 pointsFinals Number of Games Correct - 2 pointsIt always worked out quite well. We submitted our picks before each round, so we didn't have to worry about the reseeding. Nobody got eliminated at any point. There was a tie-breaker question for the finals, like, predict the final score of the Cup-clinching game, or something like that.To this day, I still get people asking me if I'll be running this pool again, lol. I lost touch with way too many people from school to keep it going, though.If you guys wanted to do it like this, I'd have no problem running it again.
I actually ran this exact pool from like Grade 6 through 1st or 2nd year university.We did the following scoring:First Round Team Correct - 2 pointsFirst Round Number of Games Correct - 2 pointsSecond Round Team Correct - 3 pointsSecond Round Number of Games Correct - 2 pointsThird Round Team Correct - 4 pointsThird Round Number of Games Correct - 2 pointsFinals Team Correct - 5 pointsFinals Number of Games Correct - 2 pointsIt always worked out quite well. We submitted our picks before each round, so we didn't have to worry about the reseeding. Nobody got eliminated at any point. There was a tie-breaker question for the finals, like, predict the final score of the Cup-clinching game, or something like that.To this day, I still get people asking me if I'll be running this pool again, lol. I lost touch with way too many people from school to keep it going, though.If you guys wanted to do it like this, I'd have no problem running it again.
Yeah, that's awesome. Good plan. I do like the idea of eliminations tho... that's what makes it exciting!! Cutting the field down!

Hey guys not sure if you came up with a good point system but this is the one i made up in high school. Pick correct team 2ptsIn the right amount of games 5ptsAlso if you pick the underdog team(team with the lower seeding) to win and they win, you get a bonus of 3pts. example.... you pick columbus to beat detroit in 7 games. So if columbus wins the series you will get the 2pts, plus 3pts because they were the underdog team, also if they won it in 7 games you would get the 5pts for a total of 10pts.So you do this for the first 2 rounds then rounds 3 and 4 just double the points.It's a great point system. It also encurrages you to gamble alittle and pick a lower seeded team in hopes to get those valuable underdog points.