***official New York Yankees Thread***

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be nice to be a Yankees fan, you buy a lot of big name players and buy an umpire or two to blow a key call for you in extra innings.Must be embarrassing, though, to need that kind of stuff to beat a small-market team.

Must be nice to be a Yankees fan, you buy a lot of big name players and buy an umpire or two to blow a key call for you in extra innings.Must be embarrassing, though, to need that kind of stuff to beat a small-market team.
christ grow a pair... yes the ump missed a call, but blame nathan ( who has been anywhere from average to horribad since August ) blame gomez for not getting into a rundown to allow Delmon to score, blame the whole team for leaving 17 FREAKING RUNNERS on base, blame Jose Mijares who has been torture to watch since the whole bean ball incident. Grow up with the payroll argument we(the Twins) get revenue sharing from the yankees and they still go out and spend a ridiculous amount of their revenue to do one thing WIN. When it comes time for the post season do payrolls matter? NO we had this team beat tonight and we couldn't close the door multiple times. Be proud of what we've accomplished thus far, but dont let it blind you to how we massively F'ed up this game. Stop giving Twins fans a whiny persona.Thanks,A Twins fan

Good god!I was at the game last night, and I'm still exhausted and my voice is hoarse. Literally everyone in the stadium was jumping and screaming for five minutes straight when A-Rod hit that homer in the 9th. After we went 1-2-3 in the 8th, I thought we were dead. I was slunk down in my seat and I had very little hope.It was really Teixeira's single before A-Rod that brought us back to life. We only had 2 or 3 hits in the game up until that point and were pretty lifeless offensively. But with Mark on base and A-Rod at the plate, we knew we could tie the game with one swing of the bat. But when he actually did it, wow, I've never slapped so many hands or screamed so loud.And Tex's homer to end the game was great too. It too me a second to realize what had happened. It bounced off the top of the wall and I wasn't sure if it had hit the wall or the top of the way and went out. But the game was really won by David Robertson, who, with bases loaded, was able to get three outs and not allow any runs. After this game, there's going to be no stopping us. It's pretty clear that there's some greater force compelling us to win. The gods have it rigged for us this year.

FYP
Dear Red Sox,Please win a few games. Don't get swept. At least put up a fight. Beat up the Angles a bit. At least make them sweat.Scoring 1 postseason run in 2 games really isn't cutting it. Sorry.-Yorke
christ grow a pair... yes the ump missed a call, but blame nathan ( who has been anywhere from average to horribad since August ) blame gomez for not getting into a rundown to allow Delmon to score, blame the whole team for leaving 17 FREAKING RUNNERS on base, blame Jose Mijares who has been torture to watch since the whole bean ball incident. Grow up with the payroll argument we(the Twins) get revenue sharing from the yankees and they still go out and spend a ridiculous amount of their revenue to do one thing WIN. When it comes time for the post season do payrolls matter? NO we had this team beat tonight and we couldn't close the door multiple times. Be proud of what we've accomplished thus far, but dont let it blind you to how we massively F'ed up this game. Stop giving Twins fans a whiny persona.Thanks,A Twins fan
I think you could say all the same things about all the chances the Yankees blew. Yeah, Nathan choked. But the Twins fought back and would've had a lead with no outs a runner on 1st or second instead of based loaded. You don't think the blown call affected the outcome? Why do the media center teams always benefit from these terrible calls, never the flyover country teams?
I think you could say all the same things about all the chances the Yankees blew. Yeah, Nathan choked. But the Twins fought back and would've had a lead with no outs a runner on 1st or second instead of based loaded. You don't think the blown call affected the outcome? Why do the media center teams always benefit from these terrible calls, never the flyover country teams?
Do you know anything about baseball? Sure the blown call affects the base mauer starts on, but I can guarantee they pitch kubel differently in that AB and Kubel approaches the AB differently. Fact remains you don't know what happens after that call is made. We blew that game blew it like we were being tipped extra. Joe Nathan is supposedly this "lights out" closer... well the past 2 months we might as well call him Joe "Motel 6" Nathan cause he'll leave the light on for you. Every hardcore Twins fan I know including myself knew as soon as he went 3-0 on A-Rod he was going to groove his "OMG I think I'm losing my control I better get these pitches over" 4 seamer and A-Rod was gonna hit it 7 miles. We lost that game by not closing it when we should have 2 run leads just shouldn't be blown by big time closers in the post season period. So many things went our way in that game and that one call certainly didnt screw us.... we had that game we should have been up 5 or 6-1 we left 17 runners on base..... the only difference between us and the Pittsburgh Pirates last night was that we actually got runners on. I'm upset about the call yes it was bad, a horrible call and it certainly shouldn't happen in a playoff game but to say that it cost us the game is ridiculous cause Arod is taking Mijares Deep immediately after Texieria does anyways.

Cue shark theme from Jaws.Dunum Dunum Dunumdunumdunumdunum....

But when he actually did it, wow, I've never slapped so many hands or screamed so loud.After this game, there's going to be no stopping us. It's pretty clear that there's some greater force compelling us to win. The gods have it rigged for us this year.
Yankee fans don't deserve ARod.The Dodgers and Matt Holliday say hi. (Please note that I'm not saying I think the Dodgers will win, just that they probably have a better "greater force" argument.)
Yankee fans don't deserve ARod.The Dodgers and Matt Holliday say hi. (Please note that I'm not saying I think the Dodgers will win, just that they probably have a better "greater force" argument.)
die
FYI ARod has better numbers in October then Reggie Jackson did

Just to clarify... This wasn't Reggie's career post season stats, this was his stats over his first 40 post season games, or how ever many Arod has played. Historically speaking, the next game for Reggie was the game he hit 3 home runs in or w/e, so the best part of reggie's post season performance was ahead of him.

I am so exhausted. I was up until 1:30 at Yankee Stadium last night. I was cold, wet, and very tired. But somehow we won.The game was a war of attrition. Both teams played plenty of sloppy baseball and neither team could hit, really. I blame a lot of that on the cold and the rain.But in the end A-Rod and an error for the Angels won us the game. The Angels can't be feeling good about how these two games went for them.It's still incredible how good A-Rod has been in this post season. Without him, we lose in the first round. With him, we're undefeated in the playoffs thus far.

Looking like a NY / Philly WS...that will lead to a lot of late nights.

I am also amazed that one of the best players in baseball is playing well. That's so weird!
I know. Baseball really shows how bad most people are at statistics. If a guy hits one clutch home run, he's suddenly an incredible postseason player. If he strikes out, he "can't preform in the playoffs." A-Rod is just being A-Rod. He's possibly the best hitter in the game, and he's doing just that. He's finally the force that he was two seasons ago when he had his most recent MVP year. Alex was pretty frightening that year. It seemed that every time he was at the plate, he'd have a great at bat. Even when he struck out, he found off pitch after pitch, worked the count, and wore down the pitcher. And that's what he's doing now. It's pretty special to watch, and it makes for very exciting games, but really it shouldn't be all that unexpected. Now, if only Damon, Cano, Matsui, and Swisher would start hitting, that would really be nice. Then we wouldn't have to sweat out 13 inning games every night and completely deplete our bullpen. We had a few chances to open a few games against the Angels and failed to do so. We're going to need all cylinders firing to take two games in Anaheim.I was about to say that A-Rod can't win games for us by himself, but it's become pretty clear that he can.
Looking like a NY / Philly WS...that will lead to a lot of late nights.
We needed to take two in the Bronx. That doesn't mean the series is over.If we win tonight, it's very close to over. If they win, they're back in it and we're only up by one game. Tonight is the deal breaker. (Edit: This game starts at 4:13 this afternoon? Really? Guess I'll be skipping out of work early...)