***official New York Yankees Thread***

Now that Posada is back, for pretty much the first time in about two years, we have more or less our full line-up. Heck, we even have so many good pitchers that our two time 19 game winner Wang is in the bullpen as a backup in case any starter misses a start. I think the Yankees should find a way to give Wang another chance at starting. His stuff has just looked too good during his few innings out of the bullpen. 94 mph fastball, hard breaking ball, the old Wang is back again. They should have given Pettitte a rest and given Wang a start. On the other hand, Pettitte is 5-1 and has as many wins as CC. I don't know how Pettitte does it. Without nearly his best stuff, he's able to be incredibly effective. Also, we just broke the all time record for most games without an error with 18, I believe. It is just a small example of how everything seems to be working for the Yankees.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Wang is back as a starter now and now other then Nady, the Yankees have the full team!I'm going to the game tom. and sitting in the Legends seats (with all you can eat food and all kinds of private stuff)I'll take pictures and make a full write up

• 4 weeks later...
Mariano Rivera is a pretty good closerFOR ME TO POOP ON!!
Lol. Watch out, Tim, the Yankees are doing a good job of not sucking lately. And the Red Sox like to blow 10-1 leads, apparently.
Okay I decided also to do a bet with cardcoreYankee's and Jays seris total games 18 in all $5.00 per game for each win. At the end of the seris between the 2 teams whoever is up will pay the winner $5.00 x the number of games won between them. to be paid on pokerstars at the end of the season. So if the Jays win 12 of the 18 then Seth will owe me 12 x 5= $60 - his 6 wins = $30Jays VS at homeTue May 12 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 5 Yankees 1Wed May 13 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 8Thur May 14 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 3Jays awayFri July 3 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 2 Yankees 4Sat July 4 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Sun July 5 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Mon July 6 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays at homeTue Aug 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Wed Aug 5 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays awayMon Aug 10 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Tue Aug 11 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Wed Aug 12 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays homeThur Sept 3 NY Yankees 7:07 Fri Sept 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Sat Sept 5 NY Yankees 1:07 Sun Sept 6 NY Yankees 1:07 Jays awayTue Sept 15 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Wed Sept 16 @ NY Yankees 7:05 So I am in and will post on the Jays thread as well so Cardcore if this is a bet book it on both threadsbooked hereI am in Seth at 6:47pm May 12book it, ill be at wsop this year, probably not wpt niagara though
reminder chrozzo and cardcore that they started the again this weekend 4 game set, the game sucked today lol

Sat July 4 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 5 Yankees 6 , 12 inningsJays had the lead in the 6th with 5-3, 7th inning bases loaded could not cash any runs in.Bottom of 7th our ace pitcher Halliday gives back the runs to tie the game into extra innings. blah as it went.

Mon July 6 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 7 Yankees 6omg you mean we took 1 out of the 4 thx NY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Okay I decided also to do a bet with cardcoreYankee's and Jays seris total games 18 in all $5.00 per game for each win. At the end of the seris between the 2 teams whoever is up will pay the winner $5.00 x the number of games won between them. to be paid on pokerstars at the end of the season. So if the Jays win 12 of the 18 then Seth will owe me 12 x 5= $60 - his 6 wins = $30Jays VS at homeTue May 12 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 5 Yankees 1Wed May 13 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 8Thur May 14 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 3Jays awayFri July 3 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 2 Yankees 4Sat July 4 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 5 Yankees 6 12 inningsSun July 5 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 8 Yankees 10Mon July 6 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 7 Yankees 6Jays at homeTue Aug 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 3 Yankees 5Wed Aug 5 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 4 Yankees 8Jays awayMon Aug 10 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Jays 5 Yankees 4 Tue Aug 11 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Jays 5 Yankees 7Wed Aug 12 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 3 Yankees 4 extra inningsJays homeThur Sept 3 NY Yankees 7:07 Fri Sept 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Sat Sept 5 NY Yankees 1:07 Sun Sept 6 NY Yankees 1:07 Jays awayTue Sept 15 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Wed Sept 16 @ NY Yankees 7:05 So I am in and will post on the Jays thread as well so Cardcore if this is a bet book it on both threadsbooked hereI am in Seth at 6:47pm May 12book it, ill be at wsop this year, probably not wpt niagara though
updated as for todays game , dam it sucks

WeeeeeeeeeeeSuch a satisfying weekend to be a Yankee fan. We swept the Sox in four games and were better than they were in pretty much every aspect of the game. And now we have a pretty enormous 6 1/2 game lead over the Sox. It's hard to argue that the Yankees aren't the best team in baseball right now.

WeeeeeeeeeeeSuch a satisfying weekend to be a Yankee fan. We swept the Sox in four games and were better than they were in pretty much every aspect of the game. And now we have a pretty enormous 6 1/2 game lead over the Sox. It's hard to argue that the Yankees aren't the best team in baseball right now.
It's hard to argue that YOU DON'T HAVE A STUPID FACE, BECAUSE YOU DO! :sadface:

gee the Jays actually win one weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

People say Jeter is the most overrated player of all time:Derek Jeter has 2,670 hits as a shortstop. The Major League record of 2,673 is held by Hall of Famer Luis Aparicio.

People say Jeter is the most overrated player of all time:Derek Jeter has 2,670 hits as a shortstop. The Major League record of 2,673 is held by Hall of Famer Luis Aparicio.
Jeter is one of those guys who was overrated at one point.....then everyone went on and on about how overrated he was.....and now he has come full circle and is underrated/underappreciated because of it. He should not have any gold gloves but he should go down as one of the best hitting SS ever and more importantly as a true, clutch hitter. He was also an underrated baserunner his whole career. No one goes from 1st to 3rd as well as Jeter and he stole bases efficiently.
Jeter is one of those guys who was overrated at one point.....then everyone went on and on about how overrated he was.....and now he has come full circle and is underrated/underappreciated because of it. He should not have any gold gloves but he should go down as one of the best hitting SS ever and more importantly as a true, clutch hitter. He was also an underrated baserunner his whole career. No one goes from 1st to 3rd as well as Jeter and he stole bases efficiently.
And on top of that, there's all that he brings to the team as a leader. He's one of the great characters in baseball, always doing the classy thing, being conscience of others. He has the experience and the personality to keep the team going when they're winning and to bring them around when they're losing.Plus, he does so much in terms of the fans. So many people are Yankee fans because of Jeter. He's one of the main reasons that we have such a large payroll that we can spend; we have people like Jeter to bring in the fans night after night.For all these reasons, Jeter is easily the MVP of the league over the past 15 years if such a stat existed.I was having a conversation with a friend the other day, and we both agreed that if it ever came out that Jeter used steroids, neither of us would ever watch baseball or root for the Yankees ever again. He means that much for our team.
And on top of that, there's all that he brings to the team as a leader. He's one of the great characters in baseball, always doing the classy thing, being conscience of others. He has the experience and the personality to keep the team going when they're winning and to bring them around when they're losing.Plus, he does so much in terms of the fans. So many people are Yankee fans because of Jeter. He's one of the main reasons that we have such a large payroll that we can spend; we have people like Jeter to bring in the fans night after night.For all these reasons, Jeter is easily the MVP of the league over the past 15 years if such a stat existed.I was having a conversation with a friend the other day, and we both agreed that if it ever came out that Jeter used steroids, neither of us would ever watch baseball or root for the Yankees ever again. He means that much for our team.
He is on the verge of passing Gherig for most all time hits as a Yankee. It's crazy to think, more then Ruth, Manthle, Gherig, DiMaggio, Berra. We are witnessing one of the games greats.Now who deserves to be in the MVP discussion more, Jeter or Texiera? I hope Jeter can win it this year. It's the only thing he's missing. He would say he doesnt deserve it and it can be argued he doesn't but I'd like to see him win it.Jeter on career lists: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/08/25/wher...captain-stands/
  • 3 weeks later...

Jeter tied Lou Gehrig tonight for the most hits by a Yankee. And I was at the game.Fifth row. I was about 30 feet from Jeter when he hit the ball past first base.Needless to say, it was amazing. The place went wild and gave him an ovation for about 5 minutes. One more and he makes Yankee history. I feel very lucky to be able to see him play.

I find it amazing that Jeter is #2 in SB's all-time for Yanks and that Ricky Henderson is #1 even though he only spent 5 seasons there (it was early in his career and still had plenty of jets). Just shows that the Yankees have built themselves more around power, quality contact hitting, pitching and fielding rather than speed. Anyway, Jeter is pretty classy, in general, and a great guy to have as a Captain.Guaranteed HOF.

Okay I decided also to do a bet with cardcoreYankee's and Jays seris total games 18 in all $5.00 per game for each win. At the end of the seris between the 2 teams whoever is up will pay the winner $5.00 x the number of games won between them. to be paid on pokerstars at the end of the season. So if the Jays win 12 of the 18 then Seth will owe me 12 x 5= $60 - his 6 wins = $30Jays VS at homeTue May 12 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 5 Yankees 1Wed May 13 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 8Thur May 14 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 2 Yankees 3Jays awayFri July 3 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 2 Yankees 4Sat July 4 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 5 Yankees 6 12 inningsSun July 5 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 8 Yankees 10Mon July 6 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 7 Yankees 6Jays at homeTue Aug 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 3 Yankees 5Wed Aug 5 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 4 Yankees 8Jays awayMon Aug 10 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Jays 5 Yankees 4Tue Aug 11 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Jays 5 Yankees 7Wed Aug 12 @ NY Yankees 1:05 Jays 3 Yankees 4Jays homeThur Sept 3 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 5 Yankees 10Fri Sept 4 NY Yankees 7:07 Jays 6 Yankees 0Sat Sept 5 NY Yankees 1:07 Jays 4 Yankees 6Sun Sept 6 NY Yankees 1:07 Jays 14 Yankee 8Jays awayTue Sept 15 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Jays 10 Yankees 4Wed Sept 16 @ NY Yankees 7:05 Jays 4 Yankees 5So I am in and will post on the Jays thread as well so Cardcore if this is a bet book it on both threadsbooked hereI am in Seth at 6:47pm May 12book it, ill be at wsop this year, probably not wpt niagara though
well Chrozzo and Cardcore you win your bet 12-6=6 games at $5/game =$30 thus shippedChrozzo via pokerstars paid, Cardcore as soon as I get someone to do a money change with me for Full tilt gg guys
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's finish this one off and take the first in the Bronx. Good game by CC and great relief thus far by Phil, Phil, and Joba.A-Rod gets RBI's in the post season? WTF!Jeter gets a clutch homer to tie the game. Duh.Matsui hits a massive homer. Woo.Swisher hitting well. Weee.Let's go Yankees!