Poker Stars $6.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 6 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/86412The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: t1590 M = 53UTG: t1280 M = 42.67MP: t1570 M = 52.33Hero (CO): t1410 M = 47BTN: t1470 M = 49SB: t1680 M = 56Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is CO with 7d QdUTG calls t20, MP raises to t80, Hero calls t80, 1 fold, SB calls t70, 2 foldsFlop: (t280) 7c 3s 6c (3 players)SB checks, MP bets t130, Hero calls t130, SB calls t130Turn: (t670) 3h (3 players)SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets t300, SB calls t300, MP foldsRiver: (t1270) 4s (2 players)SB checksThis hand is about <5 hands into the table, so no real reads.Before you question my call preflop, i have my reasons, and if UTG+1 had fired a 2nd bullet i would have folded.After the utg+1 checked turn, i new he had AK/AQ, but what did the other guy have?Can i value bet a 6-x/7-x? or is a check ok?Sorry, i tried to use the converter, didnt quite get it working.

Before you question my call preflop, i have my reasons
I'm sure you do. I am equally sure they are not good reasons. Q7s is useless. There are no flops that you really like, barring Q 7 x, or maybe a flush. Your're either going to miss, flop the second best hand, or hit a weak made hand that is hard to play. We still don't know which one this is. The sb could potentially have 88 or 99. He could very easily have A7.Calling pre flop with this hand is burning money.
Seriously, what are they?
If its just me and SB, which more often than not it is, i feel i can outplay him. If he has a big pair, he will fire at least 2 bullets. If he has A-10 and the flop misses him and comes 9-7-4, he will fire 1 bullet, then check if the turn misses him. Even if the flop comes 9d-6d-4h, he will fire 1 bullet. Regardless of my draw hitting or not, he will check then turn -assuming he misses- and i can win the pot with a bet. My hand, this early in a Turbo I find, is only of semi-importance. Position on him is the main thing.When the SB comes in, again, i have position. My read on him is (very aggro. raises when he has a SEMI good hand- pair, A-J) Therefore when the 2nd 3 hit the turn, i feel he would have repopped me. Because he didnt lead me to believe he wasnt strong.The SB will not, 80% of the time have an overpair. He would, at these stakes, more than likely raised/donkbetted the turn. A-7 is a hand i am worried about, but his any 7-x is a possibillity. I feel i should bet because it is 7-8/7-9/7-10/7-J/ and all the 6-x possibillities, more often than it is 7-A/7-K.If this is all wrong, then so be it, but in the long run i DO make a profit at these games, by playing my style.It wasnt the preflop call i was asking about tbh, just whether i should value bet or check behind.

Check behind. I can't think of a better hand that fold or a weaker one that calls. Maybe 78 calls?Still, you post in a strategy forum and people are going to give the advice they deem to be most relevant/useful to you. What are you planning to do on a flop of say QT5, K74, AQ2 ?

Check behind. I can't think of a better hand that fold or a weaker one that calls. Maybe 78 calls?Still, you post in a strategy forum and people are going to give the advice they deem to be most relevant/useful to you. What are you planning to do on a flop of say QT5, K74, AQ2 ?
Yes, i am wanting advice. Maybe in the long run then Q7 isnt a good enough hand to be calling with.Each hand is different, and sometimes i will call a Q high board with Q-7, other times i will fold. This hand i felt my opponent was on a 7-x sort of hand. I didnt know what though, and whether a check behind is +EV in the long run.I have tried a new style of poker for the Turbo SnG's, and it has been working for the past 2 months, whether it works in the longer run, i will see.However, i will take every bit of advice i am given in these forums, so i will probably not call as light as Q-7s preflop next time. I see where you are coming from. Thinking about it, he could have easily had 8-8, scared of a str8/overpair. (am i posting in the right forum btw?), so thank you for commenting.
This hand is about <5 hands into the table, so no real reads.Before you question my call preflop, i have my reasons
Then you should know what you're going to do on the river.Having your 'reasons' and having a plan for the hand shouldn't be two different things. Don't call a PF raise in position with Q7s multiway and call a flop bet unless you have at least a Plan A/Plan B for the river. If you can't think that far ahead, then fold pre.
outplaying someone <15 minutes after the start of a donkament is just as useful as being able to peel a banana with your ass.
But i had a pretty good notes on the players involved, so why shouldnt i exploit that?And i dont really think that a $6 SnG is a donkament. Relatively good play i find actually.
you can 'have your reasons' after being at the table for a reasonable amount of time. You cannot have them after about five hands.
Yes, i know, and i rarely do this. I just happened to have good notes on the players, as i had played against them quite a bit previously. I thought i could use these notes to my advantage.Is this honestly not right? (not meaning to come across as arrogant - if thats the right word. my english is appauling!)So if you had position, and you KNEW that your opponent would cont bet. the flop, then c/fold the turn if he missed, surely thats a good enough reason to call this regardlessof whether i hit or not?Thanks.
Yes, i know, and i rarely do this. I just happened to have good notes on the players, as i had played against them quite a bit previously. I thought i could use these notes to my advantage.Is this honestly not right? (not meaning to come across as arrogant - if thats the right word. my english is appauling!)So if you had position, and you KNEW that your opponent would cont bet. the flop, then c/fold the turn if he missed, surely thats a good enough reason to call this regardlessof whether i hit or not?
Because calling makes overcalling more attractive for the other players in the hand, and you still have no real idea where you're at, plus now the pot's bigger and continuing to bet will cost more, not good when you're not fairly sure where you stand in this pot.I'm not going to say a raise or fold is a better play here... but I will ask when you planned on taking control of this hand, and why you're putting chips into a multiway pot if you're not fairly sure you're ahead or that you can steal this pot from everyone involved.Why are you calling the flop when there are two other players to act after you? What are you going to do on the turn?
Because calling makes overcalling more attractive for the other players in the hand, and you still have no real idea where you're at, plus now the pot's bigger and continuing to bet will cost more, not good when you're not fairly sure where you stand in this pot.I'm not going to say a raise or fold is a better play here... but I will ask when you planned on taking control of this hand, and why you're putting chips into a multiway pot if you're not fairly sure you're ahead or that you can steal this pot from everyone involved.Why are you calling the flop when there are two other players to act after you? What are you going to do on the turn?
I planned on taking control of this pot on the turn, if, and only if, the MP stopped betting. If he bet the turn, i would fold. The 200 that i lost, i would feel very comfortable getting it back, as i feel pretty confident in these games. Its worth it in my eyes, to put that 130 on the turn in, to see if he checks on the turn.Your last point; there was only 1 other player to act after me? The SB, because MP had already bet. And i had position on both of these players, which is key here.If on the the turn, like i said before, i would fold if MP bet, or bet a pretty decent sized amount if he checked, as i belived him to have AK/AQ , and i thought SB had a draw/ 7-x, or even a 6-x as ive noticed people call with middle pair, hoping to hit a better hand. I doubted that he had a hand, as my notes on him, stated that he would probably raise/donkbetted at some point with 88/99.
For god sakes just end this discussion with folding preflop. So what if you can outplay your opponent, that doesn't mean you have to try to outplay him with Q7s.
thisif you have good notes, and s/he has not improved since then, you will get plenty of opportunity to "outplay" them with good to decent hands at a later time.