Name That Movie Contest 2

Sorry all, my internet was down last night when I got home and it didn't get up and running until this morning...f verizon imo. I haven't had a chance to go through the results people sent in, so I will do that a bit later. If you Pm'd me, I'm sure I got it. :)1.signsBDSorg.jpg2.major%20league.jpg3.Talladega%20Nights1.jpg4.sbcover.jpg5.transformers_movie_poster.png6.00000215.jpg7.fargo_film[1].jpg8.waterworld.jpg9.blooddiamond.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed #2Thought it was Nacho Libra, but at last minute put Herbie the Love Bug since I didn't see the remake.In my searches though I found that the Rolls Beetle is a very popular car.

I think I'm 17/18, but the #4 movie box disappeared.Nevermind. Spaceballs. That one I was positive about. 17/18. Dammit for missing LOR in the first round.

17/18Have never seen the (advertised) hype that was Waterworld (even though I do own the DVD). Tried to figure out who the actor was because he looked familiar, but I couldn't place him.

Son of a bitch, I was positive that #2 was Up in Smoke. 17/18, that's not good.
I thought that too at first, then I spotted Dorn's car in the background and pulled it out.
I thought that too at first, then I spotted Dorn's car in the background and pulled it out.
i knew that one instantly...becuase i know the movie, have the movie and love the movie.
i knew that one instantly...becuase i know the movie, have the movie and love the movie.
I own all the movies in Round 1 and 2 so far except for 1. I have seen all the movies except for 3. The one I do not own and have not seen was the first one in Round 2 I figured out (Neverending Story)....which is kind of weird.
What now?
I own so many movies, I have not had time to watch them all...I would say about 15-20% of the movies I own (almost 1400), I have not seen. So I own all the movies in this contest so far except for 1. But I have never watched 3 of the movies in this contest so far.
I own so many movies, I have not had time to watch them all...I would say about 15-20% of the movies I own (almost 1400), I have not seen. So I own all the movies in this contest so far except for 1. But I have never watched 3 of the movies in this contest so far.
That seems like a waste of money. Especially since DVD's are now basically obsolete.
DVDs are what now?
How's that?
Come on guys, where are VHS tapes now? The new format is here, stay on top of the curve!

Come on Jackson! Where's round 3! and the scores to round 2! We know you're not a busy guy! ! !! !!

Come on guys, where are VHS tapes now? The new format is here, stay on top of the curve!
I'm just curious what the format is that you believe has taken over. The only thing I can think of is digital copies via iTunes, etc, and I'd be shocked if they do even 1/10th the business that DVD's do. Unless you're talking about Blu-Ray, and again, if Blu-Ray is responsible for even a tenth of total DVD sales, I'd be amazed.
I'm just curious what the format is that you believe has taken over. The only thing I can think of is digital copies via iTunes, etc, and I'd be shocked if they do even 1/10th the business that DVD's do. Unless you're talking about Blu-Ray, and again, if Blu-Ray is responsible for even a tenth of total DVD sales, I'd be amazed.
I'm not saying that anything has taken over DVD sales. I'm saying that people that are currently buying DVD's are crazy. It is the same as the people that were still buying VHS tapes in 1999-2001. It's a waste of money. It also an extra level of waste to buy 1400 of them and not even watch 20%. That's all I'm saying. If wktsway wants to collect them or something that's his business and would make sense. Other than that, flushing a $20 bill down the toilet would produce the same results.