Are The Forums Good For Poker?

I'm not your dude, champ.
I'm going to have to interject here because, frankly, I *am* your champ, buddy.

These forums also make playing pofitable poker seem more achieveable. I beleive they are good for the game as players read up on the basics and think the path to riches is easily achieved. I think that forums are as much a recruiting tool as they are a path to poker enlightenment.

I think the forums are great for poker. As much as I would like to say I'm the best player in the room all of the time, I enjoy a challenge. I'd rather take a pot down against an excellent player than smoke a fish, you know? I think the higher the standard the better poker we all play. Saying that forums are bad for poker is like saying college is bad for most professions. Competition leads to greatness.

I wonder if many people remember the day when someone would call a healthy bet in NL holdem out of position w like a Q4o on the turn because if a nine fell she would make a straight?? Ten years ago, that was commonplace. Nowadays people are more educated and don't make such huge errors. Listen, poker can always be beatable because it played against your opponents, and everything is exploitable. But us constantly talking about different concepts has made the common poker game much more difficult to beat.

yes, that is how it was done on southpark no?
Was that from south park? I remember it from Ocean's 11.
I'm not your dude, champ.
I'm not your champ, boss.

To reiterate a previous point, forums are there for everyone and it's up to a reader to learn from it.You can't just read a forum and get better. You can think you can, but you'll lose money. You have to read information, and then apply it. If you don't apply it, which the majority of forum readers don't, you're not going to get any better.Basically, if x and y read this forum, x could easily be a much better player than y.:club:

The level of basic education is such that the winrate ($/hand) is lower for anybody at most stake levels now than it was 3+ years ago.That said, the game will always change and be beatable. You have to balance the fact that your winrate won't be silly as it was years ago, but against that, there is a healthy supply of players out there, and you don't have to drive miles to get a game as the roadies did in the pre-internet years.Also, games will go out of fashion quicker than before, and new games become popular. All part of the internet-accelerated world.