Who Has The Best Fish Sandwich?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, oddly enough, I've actually approached this scientifically.Every year, during lent, when they have the fish sandwiches on sale, I buy multiples of each.Lets go down the list.McDonalds: Both the Regular and the Double Fish.This is the fish sandwich equivalent of the 'kinda-cute-fat-girl-next-door-who-always-puts-out". Ordinary, reliable, but not your first choice. These rock the world when they're .99 , but I don't think McD's does that anymore. Burger King: The BK Big FishWhat a dbag of a fish sandwich this one is. Remember when they used to have the "Whaler"? Man, that ****** was the stone cold nuts. Anyway, the one they have now is basically just a knock-off of the McDonalds version, but slightly bigger. Wendys: Actually, pretty good fish but overall, it could be done better. Arbys: The best fish sandwich of the lot for the "In All 50 States" fast food places. Top quality fish, tartar that isn't too sweet, larger size, elongated bun shape. But the best fish sandwich overall... totally in a universe of its own... the Walleye Sandwich at Culvers, only available for a short period of time every year, but available right now. If you have a Culvers, go there and get this Walleye Sandwich.

McDonalds: Both the Regular and the Double Fish.This is the fish sandwich equivalent of the 'kinda-cute-fat-girl-next-door-who-always-puts-out". Ordinary, reliable, but not your first choice. These rock the world when they're .99 , but I don't think McD's does that anymore.
my mcdonalds is doing the FOF for $1 when you buy a value meal deal right now. it's worth checking.
So, oddly enough, I've actually approached this scientifically.Every year, during lent, when they have the fish sandwiches on sale, I buy multiples of each.Lets go down the list.McDonalds: Both the Regular and the Double Fish.This is the fish sandwich equivalent of the 'kinda-cute-fat-girl-next-door-who-always-puts-out". Ordinary, reliable, but not your first choice. These rock the world when they're .99 , but I don't think McD's does that anymore. Burger King: The BK Big FishWhat a dbag of a fish sandwich this one is. Remember when they used to have the "Whaler"? Man, that ****** was the stone cold nuts. Anyway, the one they have now is basically just a knock-off of the McDonalds version, but slightly bigger. Wendys: Actually, pretty good fish but overall, it could be done better. Arbys: The best fish sandwich of the lot for the "In All 50 States" fast food places. Top quality fish, tartar that isn't too sweet, larger size, elongated bun shape. But the best fish sandwich overall... totally in a universe of its own... the Walleye Sandwich at Culvers, only available for a short period of time every year, but available right now. If you have a Culvers, go there and get this Walleye Sandwich.
McDs doesnt have lettuce and Burger King's does. I love 'em all.
But the best fish sandwich overall... totally in a universe of its own... the Walleye Sandwich at Culvers, only available for a short period of time every year, but available right now. If you have a Culvers, go there and get this Walleye Sandwich.
This. I came into this thread, excited, with the express intention of posting this, and was delighted/disappointed that scram beat me to it. Culvers is the best fast food joint in my home town, and it's not even close. The only chains that I think are better than it are inand out burger, and maybe burgertime in oregon. That's it. Culvers is top top, and that Walleye sandwich is no exception.
the mom and pop places have the best fish sandwiches, but if I'm going the fast food route then I'm going with Dairy Queen
that's exactly why culvers is so good. All their stuff tastes like mom and pop. And their rootbeer is made with herion, I know for a fact.
Ya but the first one is good, the next one feels like you're directly putting waste into your body.
i never got mcdonalds since i becmae violently ill from a fish sandwich in 2005

This is weird, I actually watched a history channel (I think) show tonight on where exactly the Filet-O-Fish comes from, and how basically one vessel is the main source for all of it.

This is weird, I actually watched a history channel (I think) show tonight on where exactly the Filet-O-Fish comes from, and how basically one vessel is the main source for all of it.
pleae, continue....

What do you care about fast food fish sandwiches, scram? Go get the catfish po' boy at Dixie Kitchen. For christ's sake, you might as well take advantage of one of the very few positive aspects of Hyde Park.

Overall I hate Culver's because I feel like I'm bathing in grease just by walking in there. I think you could order a cup of water and it would have grease in it.But their fish sandwich is definitely one of the best items on any fast food menu.

Frisch's Fish Sandwich is the best fast food fish, (don't have Culvers around here), with the best tartar sauce. When I was younger theyused filet of sole which was the bomb, but even the cod is great that they use now.

Putting delicious fish inside two slices of any bread is a crime. But if you're going to do it, please, please, please ... TOAST the bread first.
So you don't like the wet steamed mess that happens with the Filet O Fish?