Religion And Intelligence

Well you and speedz are at odds.I would say that if you took the smartest person in the world as a child, put them in a backwards civilization, and test them, their IQ would be in the retard level.IQ ratings really just mean how much schooling have you recieved relative to your age.That's why those of us with high ones, don't give them much credit
Then why do you mention your high IQ? brag post? I thought you didn't go to college so how could it be highgiven your statement?BG, just come to the realization that you are just comfortable being a follower and going along with the crowdwithout having to think to hard about anything and are able to just sit back and stare at the pretty colored balloons.
Then why do you mention your high IQ? brag post? I thought you didn't go to college so how could it be high given your statement?BG, just come to the realization that you are just comfortable being a follower and going along with the crowd without having to think to hard about anything and are able to just sit back and stare at the pretty colored balloons.
Looked like a joke to me. BG sometimes makes 'em.I don't know many followers who start and run their own successful business.
I would say that if you took the smartest person in the world as a child, put them in a backwards civilization, and test them, their IQ would be in the retard level.
Only if you have a bad IQ test.
I would say that if you took the smartest person in the world as a child, put them in a backwards civilization, and test them, their IQ would be in the retard level.
That's why you don't hear about any nuclear physicists from the South.
Only if you have a bad IQ test.
Well you are the first person who I've considered smart to think IQ tests were anything but flawed ways to quantify something we can't really quantify
Came across this interesting article in a recent issue of the journal Intelligence. Lynn, Harvey, & Nyborg. (2009) Average intelligence predicts atheism rates across 137 nations. Intelligence, 37. AbstractEvidence is reviewed pointing to a negative relationship between intelligence and religious belief in the United States and Europe. It is shown that intelligence measured as psychometric g is negatively related to religious belief. We also examine whether this negative relationship between intelligence and religious belief is present between nations. We find that in a sample of 137 countries the correlation between national IQ and disbelief in God is 0.60.That's a very strong correlation, and had p value of less than .001, meaning that results this strong will happen by chance less than .1% of the time. The relationship holds both within the U.S. and European populations they examined, and across all 137 countries. Discuss.
Plenty of studies have shown that athiests as a group
  • Have higher IQs
  • Commit crime at a much lower rate
  • Are less likely to get divorced
  • Interfere with altar boys less
  • Smell better

when compared to theists.(The last two are made up - thought I better point that out to our theistic friends as they can be a little slow)

Well you are the first person who I've considered smart to think IQ tests were anything but flawed ways to quantify something we can't really quantify
Surely no test is without flaw, but if your test finds that the smartest person in the world is a retard, I'd say it isn't measuring intelligence at all.
Surely no test is without flaw, but if your test finds that the smartest person in the world is a retard, I'd say it isn't measuring intelligence at all.
So since all tests are flawed, we can ignore their flaws?
So since all tests are flawed, we can ignore their flaws?
obviously not. you dont ignore a flaw, you understand it. you factor it in when calculating the relevance of the test.
obviously not. you dont ignore a flaw, you understand it. you factor it in when calculating the relevance of the test.
when I factor in your flaws all I get is ;obviously not. you dont ignore a flaw, you understand it. you factor it in when calculating the relevance of the test.
when I factor in your flaws all I get is ;obviously not. you dont ignore a flaw, you understand it. you factor it in when calculating the relevance of the test.
looking pretty pathetic, balloon man.
I also eat farts.
in Just-spring when the world is mud-luscious the littlelame balloonmanwhistles far and weeand eddieandbill comerunning from marbles andpiracies and it's springwhen the world is puddle-wonderfulthe queerold balloonman whistlesfar and weeand bettyanddisbel come dancingfrom hop-scotch and jump-rope andit's springand the goat-footedballoonMan whistlesfarand wee- e.e. cummings