*****official Los Angeles Angels*****

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 bad managerial moves by Scioscia. Taking Weaver and Lackey out of the game.Lackey should have been left in for 1 more hitter, and Weaver should have pitched the ninth.I think I aged 5 years in the ninth inning.

2 bad managerial moves by Scioscia. Taking Weaver and Lackey out of the game.Lackey should have been left in for 1 more hitter, and Weaver should have pitched the ninth.I think I aged 5 years in the ninth inning.
The top of the 7th must have been heart-wrenching as well. Helluva win, gl in NY.Also, I thought that pulling Weaver was a very very odd decision. I mean yes, I understand that their goal cannot be just to win tonight but also to win the WS, and that it's a bad thing to destroy your closer's confidence, but Weaver dominated the 8th.
2 bad managerial moves by Scioscia. Taking Weaver and Lackey out of the game.Lackey should have been left in for 1 more hitter, and Weaver should have pitched the ninth.
Absolutely.I also would've let Mathis hit away instead of trying to bunt.
I understand that their goal cannot be just to win tonight but also to win the WS.
In the playoffs and especially in an elimination game, you have to play to win tonight. Don't worry about tomorrow, win tonight. Torre always managed that way and I think it's the right way.

AybarFigginsHunterGuerreroAbreuMoralesRiveraKendrickMathisThis is what I'd like to see.Though it looks like Scioscia (who rarely had the same lineup going for 2 or 3 games in a row during the regular season) is going with the same lineup he's had with Figgins and Abreu at the top. I see it as more likely for Abreu to breakout of his slump than Figgins.

Not some of Scioscia's finest moment of managing this series.Defense, lack of timely hitting and managerial missteps killed us this series.Though it was an entertaining series all in all.Good luck to the Yankees, beat the Phuckin' Phils (though I won't be watching).

Even though it didn't matter since Abreu singled in Mathis anyway, I think I would have put the bunt on for Aybar to move Mathis across, even though it was early. Moot point I suppose, just was a thought I had during the game. I agree Scioscia wasn't very good managerial, he seems to have a track history of missteps in the postseason.Anyway, good run this year and good battle.

• 1 month later...

Figgins gone, Lackey wants 100 mil for 6 years, talk of Guerrero resigning.Figgins 36 mil/4 years LOL. GG SeattleLackey, def not worth 100 mil/6 years, more like 40-50 mil/4yearsGuererro, sheesh, no, just no.Wood at 3rd base, gonna get his chanceThey prob go with what they got at pitching, then make a move in the summer if necessaryJason Bay....why? His stats would be comparable to Rivera if he was in Anaheim. Only if they trade Rivera in a package for Hellagay.I read that the Mets also interested in Lackey, fine, just not Texas, Bos, or NYY.