• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The metagame when you play with someone like durrr is going to open up a lot more options. Like I said, if it were vs someone like DN, Doyle, or Barry, a call on the end is perfectly fine. Playing against durrr is going to be anything but straightforward and your value range is going to widen a ton (and durrr's calling range is going to widen a ton as a result).
Elaborate. Against what type of person? Widening your value range vs one of the loosest poker players alive? The way you phrased it, it sounds like you'd do it against other types of people. If not durrr, then who?
Snamuh, would you raise the river against Dwan in the A6 hand after he fires all 3 streets, especially the way Looshle described it? That's my thing, I think it's very bad if we raise the river with the way Dwan played that hand.
I retract my statement about Eastgate being bad. I do not think he's a bad player, but I keep getting the feeling that he's outclassed (and probably knows it) and that he's playing scared against Dwan and some of the other guys at the table. His flat of $50k ish on the river with A6 is a clear example of that. Like some others have said previously, Dwan is going to value bet a TON of weaker hands here on the river, along with firing a similar river barrel with a lot of missed draws etc. I don't know what else to say except that NOT raising that river is pretty bad, especially against one of the best/most creative players in the world. If Dwan actually did flop the straight or has a full house, so be it, but Eastgate should have been smart enough to realize that his hand was lightyears ahead of Dwan's range there and raising like 75k more would have been the right line, plus, there are hands in Dwan's range that he pays off on the river, like a weaker 6 etc.
I somewhat agree with what you're saying about Eastgate that he might be outclassed and possibly playing scared, I dunno, we only saw a few hands so it's tough top really say that, but nonetheless, I get what you're saying.On the bolded part, I totally disagree. I think a raise on the river is horrible. And I don't think the mindset of "Well if he has it, he has it." I think that's a bad mindset to have when playing poker because that just means that you will payoff soooooo many hands when you're beat.
with an ante half the small blind and you're in a straddle? he only had to call 4400 more. i don't think its that bad.
wut? All I said was I wish I could play T4s oop in a multi-way pot profitably.
The only hand he is paying off is the case six. He's not taking this line with hands like 99 88 or bricked draws on the river. I can see the raise for Meta game purposes but I don't think that factors in that much because most likely PE and Dwan are'nt going to be playing that much. PE should be considering the direct value, there is a case for raising turn but river I don't think its viable.
The other hands that call all beat PE. Straights, boats, etc. IMO raising the river is incredible poor. Unless durr has the case six you are getting called by hands that beat you and getting no money from any hand you beat. I think it was a good river call and not really even that close of a decision.
Durr called from bb and fired into 3 people on flop, got called by PF raiser who still had 2 people behind him, and then fired every other street trying to build a pot. Durrs image is loose but not retarded.
I 100% agree with all three of looshle's posts about this hand.
Durr/Eastgate handI know that when I am against a LAG player ... I raise that river every time.
And when you get repopped?Also this:
Durr called from bb and fired into 3 people on flop, got called by PF raiser who still had 2 people behind him, and then fired every other street trying to build a pot. Durrs image is loose but not retarded.
Tell me this, if Eastgate raises, how does Durrr call with 67s?Go through Durrr's thought process? How does he come up with a call?
he grabs his chips and puts them in the middle, durr doesnt fold too much
Yeah raising that river against that type of person would be pretty terrible.
thats not why its bad.
The metagame when you play with someone like durrr is going to open up a lot more options. Like I said, if it were vs someone like DN, Doyle, or Barry, a call on the end is perfectly fine. Playing against durrr is going to be anything but straightforward and your value range is going to widen a ton (and durrr's calling range is going to widen a ton as a result).
this is wrong. Like loosh said... The worst hand durr shows up with there is trips... unless he's just on total air. Its not liek durr is 3 barreling 8's for value...... like what do you think durr's range of 3 barreling there? You say he's so loose... give me a range of what you think his hands are....?
fear of a player that will call you with a lot of hands would make you reconsider raising them without the nuts or close to it, plus his range is so big it can be hard to put him on a hand
Reevaluate the hand.
Exactly why you shouldn't ever reraise the river given the way the hand played out. And now you lost a big pot to me with possibly the best hand.tyvm!! I'm out!! :club::ts
So durrr is a station then? Interesting. Does that make value-shoving 99 a good play here?sw
So durrr is a station then? Interesting. Does that make value-shoving 99 a good play here?sw
ummm no... i am not advocating a raise here i am just stating that durr does not fold a lot of hands
Exactly why you shouldn't ever reraise the river given the way the hand played out. And now you lost a big pot to me with possibly the best hand.tyvm!! I'm out!! :club::ts
Answer me this then.Take the dollars down a bit and put into your comfort level. Say the buy in is for $200 or $2000. Given the same action just downsizing the bets ... do you play the hand differently? I guess for me being in this particular position before against LAG players it has usually been profitable to raise here. I just don't see why raising is bad. If I raise and he folds I don't have to show that I am playing a TP style, because I can then fold my hand w/o showing anyone. If I raise and he calls well I get more money, If I raise and I am beat ... so be it, I thought I had the best hand and it turned out wrong ... that's why you play within a bankroll. I mean sure he turns up with a random straight or full house there every once in a while, but I believe that the majority of the time against a LAG player ... you are ahead.Just my thoughts.
Yea he crushes the biggest games online because he is a payoff monkey.Just because someone plays a lot of hands doesn't mean they play poorly postflop.
Yea he crushes the biggest games online because he is a payoff monkey.Just because someone plays a lot of hands doesn't mean they play poorly postflop.
lets wait and see how much he pays ppl off on the rest of the episodes and if i am wrong ill retract my previous statement

In my opinion Looshle's summary is spot on. Dwan maybe loose, but he is a world class player. This point has been overlooked by some posters. Also, Eastgate has like the 8th nuts (?) I thought calling was fine.

lets wait and see how much he pays ppl off on the rest of the episodes and if i am wrong ill retract my previous statement
He made a couple of decent laydowns in the first episode, that others may have paid off. Top pair to Patrik I think, memory failing me though.

Anyone advocating PE raising the river, here's the HH. 8 handedblinds 400/800 with 200 ante. 4folds(co) PE raises to 2500(button) Doyle calls 2500 on the Button(sb) Barry calls 2100 more in the SB(bb) Durr calls 1700 more in the BBpot is 11,600flop: 6d 5h 3d (sb) Barry checks(bb) Durr bets 7,700(co) PE calls 7,700(button) Doyle folds.pot is 27,000Turn: 6s (bb) Durr bets 20,200(co) PE calls 20,200pot is 67,400river: Ks board is: 6d 5h 3d 6s Ks (bb) Durr bets 53,900(co) calls 53,900Durr shows 6c7cPE shows Ah 6hfinal pot 175,200

Yeah, the more I think about the more I would raise. As long as you are playing within your bankroll then you should be able to raise here. It's the BB and a LAG player to boot. I would be thinking he missed a straight draw. Maybe that is a leak in my game, but for some reason I just don't give a LAG player credit for a flopped straight or flopped two pair. Like I said before if he has the goods so be it ... I am playing within my bankroll and I would put it into my memory database for next time. I just think with a LAG player you have to raise there.