one of the reasons this play worked is because of the players, I'm not sure if Dwan knows this or was just fortunate.... There are a lot of guys who would probably call in Eastgate's position, it takes someone good to fold that. Imagine if Eastgate was Sam Farha or Eli Elezra

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that i've had some time to think about the hand, I am really leaning towards liking Eastgate's fold more than Greenstein's fold. Dwan knows that Barry has AA/KK and he also knows that Eastgate has the 2 (he quickly ruled out Eastgate having tens full simply because he would be holding the case 10 etc), and basically he played the hand the way he did because he knew Eastgate would fold a deuce there more often than not, given the action and having Barry behind him. I think that Barry needs to call Dwan's 100k bet there on the turn because Dwan's range is pretty well defined here. He either has tens full, a deuce, or complete air (which is basically what he had with Q10 given the board texture and the action). For Peter, I think he made his mistake on the flop by not raising with 3 deuces. The only reason I can see flatting the button (flop) is to induce more action from Dwan or Barry on the turn, I don't see how you can ever call the flop with the intention of folding to a decent sized bet on the turn, especially when Barry's hand is basically face up, and Dwan either has the case deuce, or is trying to get Barry to fold his aces. Either way, I don't like Eastgate's fold, but I especially don't like Barry's fold after it was obvious that one of the deuces was out of the deck when Eastgate folded.I like the way Dwan played the hand, even though it was one of those once and a lifetime situations where Dwan's betting could induce folds from far superior hands.PS. I also LOVE the way Dwan played his KQ hh against Ziig when he flopped the stones. His river check was brilliant and it worked exactly as he intended it to.

just gonna guess that he was bluffing the flop not raising for value.i dont blame PE for folding there 8 ways and facing a 100k bet if you got bluffed so be it.
It don't know about that. It seems a crazy place to start bluffing, but it also seems like a crazy place to value raise. The best part of the hand, is how he squeezes an extra 2K of value out of Doyle, betting that Eastgate had the best hand on the turn. I'm sure it's not often Doyle loses that kind of prop bet.
Now that i've had some time to think about the hand, I am really leaning towards liking Eastgate's fold more than Greenstein's fold. Dwan knows that Barry has AA/KK and he also knows that Eastgate has the 2 (he quickly ruled out Eastgate having tens full simply because he would be holding the case 10 etc), and basically he played the hand the way he did because he knew Eastgate would fold a deuce there more often than not, given the action and having Barry behind him. I think that Barry needs to call Dwan's 100k bet there on the turn because Dwan's range is pretty well defined here. He either has tens full, a deuce, or complete air (which is basically what he had with Q10 given the board texture and the action). For Peter, I think he made his mistake on the flop by not raising with 3 deuces. The only reason I can see flatting the button (flop) is to induce more action from Dwan or Barry on the turn, I don't see how you can ever call the flop with the intention of folding to a decent sized bet on the turn, especially when Barry's hand is basically face up, and Dwan either has the case deuce, or is trying to get Barry to fold his aces. Either way, I don't like Eastgate's fold, but I especially don't like Barry's fold after it was obvious that one of the deuces was out of the deck when Eastgate folded.I like the way Dwan played the hand, even though it was one of those once and a lifetime situations where Dwan's betting could induce folds from far superior hands.PS. I also LOVE the way Dwan played his KQ hh against Ziig when he flopped the stones. His river check was brilliant and it worked exactly as he intended it to.
i think PE was in the sb not on the button, also i was thinking the same thing about barry, it seemed to me once calling the flop he wanted eastgate to fold the turn to make a move, but then "thought better of it"
So it seems more and more people are coming around to my position on sex with Durrr. I swear on anything you want that I actually want to **** him.
There's no way durrr's a bottom. I want him to **** me.
There's no way durrr's a bottom. I want him to **** me.
I picture us trading off. I've only ever been full-on butt-****ed once, and it was not pleasant, but I picture Durrr can be super gentle when he needs to be. I picture he's very loving, but still powerful.

Just replayed the hand for the third time.A great hand to watch. Barry must have felt sick when he raised UTG and the whole table called.His flop bet was OK. Dwan's raise was OK too.... he was feeling things out. The calls by Barry and Eastgate were fine as well.Where I go nuts is the fold by Eastgate. He called from the SB with 2,4 and hit the miracle he was calling for. You make those calls with crap hands PRAYING to hit a miracle. When you do....... YOU DON'T FOLD!

I read the bio of Stu Ungar a couple of months ago and he described a similar hand in the '97 ME where he pushed a player off naked trips in one of those I know/he knows/that I know situations. Funny that Gabe said the only other player he could think of who would make that play is Ungar...
Don't forget Gabe was very close to Stu Ungar and knew him extremely well, as they were personnel close friends. Durr's play was totally amazing in that last hand. One other thing I did noticed about Durr he is very carefull when betting or playing against Daniel more so than the other players. He much more cautious. You can see the respect but he shows some fear of Daniel. I was picking up a few tells on him against Daniel, that I didn't against the other players. The other hand with the three checks on Eastgate was well done especially when he flopped the nuts. Next week looks interesting.
Don't forget Gabe was very close to Stu Ungar and knew him extremely well, as they were personnel close friends. Durr's play was totally amazing in that last hand. One thing I did noticed about Durr he is very carefull when betting or playing against Daniel more so than the other players. He much more cautious. You can see the respect but he shows some fear of Daniel. I was picking up a few tells on him against Daniel, that I didn't against the other players. The other hand with the three checks on Eastgate was well done especially when he flopped the nuts. Next week looks interesting.
I don't think Durrr is showing fear vs anyone if you're seeing anything it's likely just that he's put in less hands vs DN than the others.
I don't think Durrr is showing fear vs anyone if you're seeing anything it's likely just that he's put in less hands vs DN than the others.
this.. and fyi rose the hand were he flopped the nuts was against Zigmund not PE
Where I go nuts is the fold by Eastgate. He called from the SB with 2,4 and hit the miracle he was calling for. You make those calls with crap hands PRAYING to hit a miracle. When you do....... YOU DON'T FOLD!
I don't agree with this. I'm not saying I agree with the fold b/c obviously Durrr played the hand on a different level than Eastgate but I don't think we marry ourselves to hands because of the choice made preflop when further information has been given for us to reevaluate.
I don't agree with this. I'm not saying I agree with the fold b/c obviously Durrr played the hand on a different level than Eastgate but I don't think we marry ourselves to hands because of the choice made preflop when further information has been given for us to reevaluate.
No problem, we disagree. But I ask you this:What further information did you get to reevaluate?
I would love to hear the tells Rose found on Durrrr.
I did think he had a few. There was one that I noticed in that hand when he had Q10 and the hand he flopped the straight.
No problem, we disagree. But I ask you this:What further information did you get to reevaluate?
I was meaning the over all statement of "you called preflop, you have to get it in etc..."As far as this hand goes the further info is that the moment P/E calls Durrr on the flop its 100% obv to everyone and especially Durrr that he has a 2. Eastgate knows that it's obvious he has a two and Durrr still fires a huge bullet at him. Either Durrr is crazy/ thinks Eastgate will lay down trips or Durrr has him beat.
I did think he thought he had a tell or two. There was this one that I noticed I saw in that hand where and when he had Q10 and the hand he flopped the straight. He jerked his head right up and his eyes up and then his eyes went directly to his chips. If you watch the TV closely you'll notice also that when he went for the raise after checking on the river he puts his chips in the pot with a overhand instead of his usually two finger way.
FYP
I was meaning the over all statement of "you called preflop, you have to get it in etc..."As far as this hand goes the further info is that the moment P/E calls Durrr on the flop its 100% obv to everyone and especially Durrr that he has a 2. Eastgate knows that it's obvious he has a two and Durrr still fires a huge bullet at him. Either Durrr is crazy/ thinks Eastgate will lay down trips or Durrr has him beat.
First, it's not 100%.Second, Durr has shown that he will play damn near anything and is fearless.Third, I'm going down with that hand. If he has the case 2 with a better kicker or pocket 10s.... I'll reload.
First, it's not 100%.Second, Durr has shown that he will play damn near anything and is fearless.Third, I'm going down with that hand. If he has the case 2 with a better kicker or pocket 10s.... I'll reload.
I would say it's pretty near 100% obv that he has the 2 esp to Durrr. I mean outside of 1010 what else could he have that he calls that flop with? I'm going down with the hand too but to Eastgate I'm sure he's thinking "Why is he betting at me? He knows I have a 2, he knows people aren't supposed to fold trips, so he has to have me beat...."
its easy to say you'll reload when its not ur money, and you say if "he has the case 2 or pkt 10s" PE is not just thinking about durrr he is obv thinking about BG behind him too.dont be results oriented bc he had the best hand think about the thought process and how the hand was played its easy to say if you had that money you would put your stack in with three of a kind but the way these players play in these high stakes game is just soo much more in depth and they analyze things way differentedit: im not saying it was a good fold and PE is prob. kicking himself but just think of the way it was played its not easy to your stack on it if your PE